What does everybody do for a living?

• at first i was somewhat skeptical to share because i dont feel like ive accomplished much but its a process so the accomplishments will come. anyway, im currently a student at the university of washington studying math because with scholarships and grants its basically paid for and math comes somewhat easy for me so it kinda makes sense to just get the degree even tho i probably wont use it.

as far as being creative goes ive always wanted to be a successful music producer but i've only started really giving it a go about 2 years ago. also fell in love with djing (not an edm dj lol) after learning last year that shit is so much fun. biggest inspirations are probably kanye and pharrell. when i was younger i always heard this confidence in their music and made me feel like i can do anything so thats what i plan on doing.

• @Sideshow-Bob thats tight man cant wait to hear your stuff when you're ready to share

• @Sideshow-Bob mate I can't wait to listen to your music, I really wanna know whats in your mind

• Hi everyone, my name is Kevin, I'm from Manchester, UK. I'm an assistant manager in a retail concession but as I recently graduated in event planning, I'm looking for a job related to it.
    Other than that, I'm a huge neptunes fan since early 00's and I've always wanted to learn how to make music. I only started producing beats a couple years ago and I must say that I almost gave up since it seemed that all the stuff I was making was barely listenable and completely out of sync haha. I carried on anyway and I recently been told that my music was getting better and better... Anyway, here's my soundcloud page for anyone who wants to listen to my beats and share his opinion with me. https://soundcloud.com/kevin-morow

• Nice keep sharing and strive for your goals.

• @KevinMorow @Wiggles Thanks guys! I'll have it soon.

• rn im a student a morehouse college in atlanta. i study film cause id really like to direct music vdeos and commercials and write my own cartoons. im here cause this girl i used to really like went to howard and made me fuck with HBCU's allot. tbh tho film isn't my main goal. i want to make music before anything and everything. i love everything about making music. im going to make music the rest of my life regardless of how much money i make doing it. my first inspirations probably came from listening to stevie wonder as a kid and wanting to play the piano. jazz chords just got ingrained in my DNA. my dad put me on hella rappers like slick rick and nas and lupe fiasco and then when i was in 8th grade, he played Spaz for me. i had heard n.e.r.d. before and i def knew who pharrell and neptunes were but they weren't a big deal to me. pharrell was just that random light skin nigga that popped up all the time to me. but spaz was fucking crazy. the bridge made me flip my shit and i told my dad to replay it at least 5 times. so yea. my lifes sole purpose is to make ppl feel like that and inspire them to create at their highest potential and be great at whatever they want to be great at.

also i think spike jonze is the shit

• I'm 14 & I'm producing & I'm also a rapper, I'm like very creative & want to have a film one day that I directed & scored by myself, My parents raised me on The Neptunes & Pharrell impacted me sooo much, I'm still in school & came to this site to look for people who like the same kind of things because everybody i know is into trap music & only like one genre, they're not that openminded like I listen to rap, R&B, jazz, samba, bossa nova, soul, rock etc. I'm also working on a comic strip (which eventually will be a cartoon) & a magazine which focuses on creative things like music, art & cult films etc.

I love life & Cartoon Network, I've had a lot of white kids come up to me & say they're blacker than me because i listen to rock & jazz which ppl call "gay" around my school, I hang with everyone, the popular kids, my friend is a White emo who likes Teriyaki Boyz, rock etc. My favourite band is The Internet & I study cult films, jazz music & chords. I like looking out of my window because I really like the colour blue & I have a short attention span, I design a lot of things in my head like clothes & buildings, I want to design a house one day.

I love art & cool sculptures, I really like Portishead, Gorillaz, Radiohead, A Tribe Called Quest, Sa Ra, a lot of 90s stuff.. Jamiroquai, Brand New Heavies, Koop, Alan Hawkshaw, Janko Nilovic, Bernard Estardy, Phoenix, Tame Impala, Good Charlotte, N.E.R.D, Thom Yorke, Kanye, Jay, Lonnie Liston Smith, Tom Browne, a lot of 80s things, electropop, Quincy Jones.. Eminem, I pretty much listen to everything

Back story: my dad first discovered N.E.R.D in December 2002, he heard "Am I high?" at a friend's house & bought the album the same day (he had heard the electronic version of lapdance before though so he heard them first in 2001)

• I'm an apparel/accessories buyer for a chain of streetwear specialty stores in the US.

• Staff

@SkateboardP.com said:

I'm 14 & I'm producing & I'm also a rapper, I'm like very creative & want to have a film one day that I directed & scored by myself, My parents raised me on The NEPTUNES & Pharrell impacted me sooo much, I'm still in school & came to this site to look for people who like the same kind of things because everybody i know is into trap music & only like one genre, they're not that openminded like I listen to rap, R&B, jazz, samba, bossa nova, soul, rock etc. I'm also working on a comic strip (which eventually will be a cartoon) & a magazine which focuses on creative things like music, art & cult films etc.

I love life & Cartoon Network, I've had a lot of white kids come up to me & say they're blacker than me because i listen to rock & jazz which ppl call "gay" around my school, I hang with everyone, the popular kids, my friend is a White emo who likes Teriyaki Boyz, rock etc. My favourite band is The Internet & I study cult films, jazz music & chords. I like looking out of my window because I really like the colour blue & I have a short attention span, I design a lot of things in my head like clothes & buildings, I want to design a house one day.

I love art & cool sculptures, I really like Portishead, Gorillaz, Radiohead, A Tribe Called Quest, Sa Ra, a lot of 90s stuff.. Jamiroquai, Brand New Heavies, Koop, Alan Hawkshaw, Janko Nilovic, Bernard Estardy, Phoenix, Tame Impala, Good Charlotte, N.E.R.D, Thom Yorke, Kanye, Jay, Lonnie Liston Smith, Tom Browne, a lot of 80s things, electropop, Quincy Jones.. Eminem, I pretty much listen to everything

Back story: my dad first discovered N.E.R.D in December 2002, he heard "Am I high?" at a friend's house & bought the album the same day (he had heard the electronic version of lapdance before though so he heard them first in 2001)

bruh i can't believe you are 14 and like all the same stuff as me but I'm literally double your age. whoa. now i feel immature.

• Digital marketer for a student housing start up in montreal, canada

Looks like your connection to What does everybody do for a living? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.