Yuna - Places To Go (DJ Premier) (16')

• 1st single from the upcoming album 'Chapters', due out May 20th.

Unknown_qocrop.jpg

Yuna - Places To Go (Produced by DJ Premier)
    http://www.thefader.com/2016/02/19/yuna-places-to-go-new-album-chapters

• @YB This is dope. I don't really like Yuna, but Premo's production is great.

• Staff

unexpected combo...

• @Mavis ^^^ *unexpected combo breaker

• i dont like to knock stuff nowdays, but dude, dj premeir beats are so fucking trash to me. they legit have the same cadence every single time, to me at least

• i was gonna say, primo beats way too repetitive and chopped up for yuna's smooth style of singing

• @BabyMilo I don't agree with you. He's one of the few who always stayed true to his sound from the beginning. One of my hero.

• @BabyMilo not a huge fan of this track tbh but Animals off of Compton was so good, Premo still got it

Edit: I actually quite like this track (complete with old school neps synth feels)

• @YB yeah i get that; i dont like his sound, not for me, and the fact that he has stayed true to his sound makes me see it as a negative because i dont like it much haha. its not a bad thing at all. but im in to people switching it up. like i hate super cohesive albums where every song sounds the same you know? thats why i came at him so hard about his stuff sounding exactly the same but taking my personal opinon out, yes, kudos to him for sticking to his own style

• @BabyMilo Got you. You think P switched up his style/sound that much over the years? He kinda did when he and Chad parted ways but not that much.

• Staff

I like the neptunes style synths on this track. Overall it feels super messy though. Can hardly concentrate on Yuna.

I actually wanted to say that in my first comment but didn't want to seem negative. But now other people are hating it's ok :)

• idk how I feel about this
    Im with babymilo, Im not a huge fan of premo beats. I get bored with them
    i dont like when singers sing over straight trap beats so her singing over hiphop beats...idk
    but this song isnt bad.

wish she and chad would work together tho

• I just listened. It's not too bad. I'm not sure if Premo usually makes beats for songstresses (because I'm not a fan) but maybe this is his way of switching up. Ultimately It feels like he already had this beat and just gave It to her to work with. I feel like Qtip or someone like that should have been over it. Oh well. I have no doubt that Premo has 100s of beats that are untouched by now (which is probably why they all sound the same/similar)

• Lest we forget:

• Helen already looked super happy

• @nerd0016 said:

Helen already looked super happy

WOW that WAS her wasn't it!? Thanks for pointing that out I never knew that .

• Staff

@VandG said:

idk how I feel about this
    Im with babymilo, Im not a huge fan of premo beats. I get bored with them
    i dont like when singers sing over straight trap beats so her singing over hiphop beats...idk
    but this song isnt bad.

wish she and chad would work together tho

Yeah I like that song they did

• Staff

looooool @ Helen being the new Tasha

• WOW yea i had no idea that was Helen. She seems like shes heard that story a hundred times and is just like "yea...*eye roll * finish your shitty story Pharrell Rocket's diaper is overflowing with shit and we both know you ain't changing it"

• Rocket wasn't even born yet lol

• I like this joint a lot to be honest... maybe its just my Premo bias talking, but this is nice.

Looks like your connection to Yuna - Places To Go (DJ Premier) (16') was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.