Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (2018) (February 2)

• @KevinMorow lmao ik it would be a dream come true.

The funny thing is I kinda hope it happens because I’m going to a super bowl party at a house with like 30 people and I want them to talk so much shit that I’m singing along to Justin Timberlake at halftime.

• @Jesse haha it'd be pretty dope then!

• PATRIOTS x PHARRELL x JT

LETS FUCKING GO BABY PLEASE PHARRELL DONT LET US DOWN TONIGHT!!!!!!!

"4_ED47656_8557_48_F8_AEB5_6_F39_D6_B0_F23_A.jpg

• Admin

So I've been listening to the album 7 times in a now and I can say that this is his third best album, Justified being #1 and FSLS #2 and fuck all this mainstream pop radio bullshit "ooooh this album is awesome" no it's not. I've expected some live drum tracks that they did before but not this boring crap and dear god, he choosed the wrong singles for gods sake. Straight up, I think HIGHER HIGHER is the best tune on the album. "Midnight Summer Jam" is just okay I like that they go back to let the song breathe with the Instrumental, a keeper. "Man Of The Woods" clearly is a leftover of the SPONGEBOB OST from 4 years ago and is boring.

"Wave" is another keeper off the album but I don't consider it being great. "Supplies", I wish that single had different drum kits and I like the sample P used again (brrrr the JT version of skrrt...) and what the fuck did they think while making "Flannel", that is the worst Neptunes Track on the album, reminds me a lot of the song before Dirty Dancing's 'Time Of My Life' tune

horrible.

"Montana" is okay and "Breeze Off The Pond" I don't really get the hype about that song?? Pharrell even says listen to the tune twice in a row in your car, well It didn't do anything to me I think "Livin' Off The Land" is way better than Breeze, which is my 4th keeper and. I'm lovin the Instrumental and that Hi Hat with the Basslines is perfect. If you didn't look down on your Phone I wouldn't even realize it's a whole different song, I thought its a Hidden Track off Breeze. Now going back to HIGHER HIGHER, I fucking love that song I wish that would've been a single. That is the only song I've got the Frisson Neptunes Feel and really reminds me of Justified,10/10 best song on the album.

This should've been the tracklist.

01 - Filthy (Timbaland, Danjahandz, Justin Timberlake) 7/10
    02 - Midnight Summer Jam (The Neptunes) 7/10
    03 - Sauce (Timbaland, Danjahandz, Justin Timberlake) 6/10
    04 - Higher Higher (The Neptunes) 10/10
    05 - Wave (The Neptunes) 7/10
    06 - Supplies (The Neptunes) 7/10
    07 - Say Something feat. Chris Stapleton (Timbaland, Danjahandz, Larrance Dopson, Justin Timberlake) 6/10
    08 - Breeze Off The Pond (The Neptunes) 7/10
    09 - Livin' Off The Land (The Neptunes) 8/10

• We got shafted

• @Jesse that performance was so meh. Everyone I watched the Super Bowl with had high expectations - but we were all pretty disappointed

JT WHATS HAPPENING TO YOU MAN?!!!!

• @Playahater said in Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (2018) (February 2):

@Jesse that performance was so meh. Everyone I watched the Super Bowl with had high expectations - but we were all pretty disappointed

JT WHATS HAPPENING TO YOU MAN?!!!!

He's in a bubble

• I actually really enjoyed the performance I have much respect for him, It was sick when rock your body and suit and tie came in.

• @lord_willin yeah I was gonna say I thought that perf was legit!

• Guys...... QUICK POLL:

1. 'Man of the Woods' or 'No_One Ever Really Dies'?

2. "Wave" or "Don't Don't Do It"?

• @lord_willin MOTW and waves

• This is such a strange album for me. Some of the songs are incredible, the best I've heard from him and the Neptunes for a long time and Justin perhaps forever but then some tracks are average as fuck. Montana and midnight summer ham and wave are world class tunes livin of the land is so dope too. Supplies is one of his best ever singled for me

Observations

Midnight summer jam should have been the opener and Montana/livin of the land
    the finisher

The bridges in this are awful, don't what the Neptunes are playing at here, the Kings of bridges don't normally get it wrong like this

Timbaland has really fallen off. Didn't realise it was his beats. Trash with no distinctive sound anymore.

If i had to pick a favorite track it would probably be Montana. Those chords are so Neptunes esque. Floating and meandering around the beat. Reminds me of ushers certified

• @lord_willin 1. No_one (there aren't songs on here I hate)

1. Wave unless you take out the 2nd verse on DDDI

• Just watched the half time performance. I thought it was really good! So good to hear him walking out to two of the Neptunes classics! In 2018, their sound is still going strong. All his other songs hit all the right notes and was nice to see him walk into the crowd. Seen lots of hates on the internet about his performance and outfit but man that was a solid outing - some people are just impossible to please.

Back to the album, after a few more listens, I've evolved some of my initial opinions:

Higher Higher is a GENUINE classic. It's sooo fucking good.
    Montana has grown on me. It's got a really nice, mellow vibe
    Waves is fun song
    Breeze is still a great song, but some of the lyrics are a bit weird
    Livin' is good, but even after multiple listens it doesn't get better like the first 4
    All the rest of the Tunes songs are trash, though.

• This post is deleted!

• @Mavis said in Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (2018) (February 2):

Honestly I think everyone is sleeping on Livin’ Off The Land. It’s my favourite. There’s something magical about it - especially when there’s the instrumental part where the strings and guitar are playing while the walking bass is layered with that pounding drum. There’s something weird and unsettling about it and really beautiful too.

The lyrics are corny but JT really delivers it well and makes it feel genuine - sort of like a Bobby James/Losing My Way feel. I love simple lyrics delivered with feeling.

(also it’s the same chords as the Filthy intro which is dope if that was intentional)

@Mavis Yes I’m definitely guilty of sleeping on this track. I’ve only now really sat and paid attention to it the more I’m hearing you all say “it’s a great tune’. I like it a lot but my issue is it’s got that classic Neptune’s guitar from the start with the the addition of the kick which is a great combination and I wish they just kept it going throughout and P has a habit of doing stuff like that which really annoys me. Similar to Usher - Twisted. It starts off great and then they add that weird sound effect...like why!?? 🤷🏿‍♂️

• @Jesse said in Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (2018) (February 2):

Yo just confirmed Pharrell is in Minnesota I swear to god if he performs with JT I’m gonna lose my fucking shit

why I have the feeling that JT asked P to do it and he decline it?

• @lord_willin said in Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (2018) (February 2):

Guys...... QUICK POLL:

1. NERD
    2. Waves

• @lord_willin said in Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (2018) (February 2):

Guys...... QUICK POLL:

1. NERD
    2. Don't Don't Do It

• Man of the woods

Kites...... OK il play properly. Waves

Looks like your connection to Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (2018) (February 2) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.