Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (2018)

• Guys, you are still too young for understanding the concept of MOTW, it was JT's will to make it that way, period. It's your life and its u who chose wether to make a heat/flame/fire/banger album, or to make smth sincere and at the same time - a message to the nearest!! That's the concept, the album is the way JT wanted it to be.. being at the certain period of his life he probably felt he should express himself that way! And producer's job on this one is to meet artist expectations, and arrange it through the empathy to jt's consideration of himself! i think If jt was looking for some bangers or heat, he could easily implement it!! But thats not a thing that would work for him this time, and most and foremost - the inside feel of what you want to create being at the certain moment of your life..

• Staff

A lot of MOTW sounds like Hannah Montana - Hoedown Throwdown.

However, I still love Higher higher and Livin Off The Land.

• https://www.complex.com/style/2018/09/justin-timberlake-levis-collection-paris-interview

Swerving over to music, it was great to see you and Pharrell link up again in depth on this album.
    Yeah, always. We'll do a ton more stuff. I feel like we just got back together so I feel like there's so much more to do and so many other sounds to explore together.

• @Andrew said in Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (2018):

Guys, you are still too young for understanding the concept of MOTW, it was JT's will to make it that way, period. It's your life and its u who chose wether to make a heat/flame/fire/banger album, or to make smth sincere and at the same time - a message to the nearest!! That's the concept, the album is the way JT wanted it to be.. being at the certain period of his life he probably felt he should express himself that way! And producer's job on this one is to meet artist expectations, and arrange it through the empathy to jt's consideration of himself! i think If jt was looking for some bangers or heat, he could easily implement it!! But thats not a thing that would work for him this time, and most and foremost - the inside feel of what you want to create being at the certain moment of your life..

I kind of agree but there was clearly an attempt at making “bangers” if you look at Filthy and Supplies, so you can’t completely paint this album as a conceptual one.

• @Pushamalicious-T
    Well, bro, I look at these couple of songs (you've mentioned) as if it's an effort to make wast majority of ppl (audience) pay more attention to the message of the album in general than to a deep or strictly dedicated topics of certain songs. Those are like an intro before you start reading a book, so you can get familiar with "what it's all about". Call it a pilot song (but not only musically, but in whole as a lyrics, video.. as a whole thing) because you can't describe an album with only one song, they are all different!! But when you i.e. come to mcdonalds and order a cheeseburger, you might see what it's all about, but there's many more dishes that may speak for themselves (probably bad comparison but anyways)

Long story short: in my opinion those two songs are more of an intro to the concept than an attempt to pretend to be a hit/banger..

• Staff

It’s cool that you like it Andrew. I sort of like parts of it too. But no need to condescend people that don’t like it - this album really isn’t high concept at all. Putting 808’s under “classic American” music isn’t new. And in terms of execution I think it was a big misfire - for example - “Wave”. It’s a cool song. But it was clearly meant to sound like a barn stomping country inspired track, and instead it sounds hawaiian.

• @Mavis

Aaron, i didn't mean anything condescentive in my answer, it refered to an opinion that it was expected to be a banger/hit album.. like some people were probably expecting it to be!! But i just look at this situation through another prism!!
    and please dont literraly get what jt said as a promo speech to get the market warmed up!! and in my post above i said, that i dont look at this album only from musical side as if it was "Americana with 808", its obvious it is not a new idea (in terms of using 808 under southern western type of beats) but not in the way Neptunes used their!! cuz they bring up a core of 808's and they showed it both on motw, nerd, and even sweetener!! The way they use those sounds is completely another level, so no need to compare this to smth that has been already done that way in the music industry, but that is another question!! What im saying is that theres a concept in it, and its way more than just production!! Thats what im saying!! Not that the concept is to make an "Modern americana with 808" I dont make my conclusion about the album on behalf of couple justin's statements regarding a general sound of an album from one interview! Im not that simple, Talib Kwelionis!! 😎
    Kind regards)

• great. i put this shitty album outta my mind for months. now you guys gotta bring it back up 😑

Looks like your connection to Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (2018) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.