Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (2018)

• @phoomphoom where? Those two songs sounded like P. The first one has the P 808s and the second had P's vocal chops if I'm not mistaken

• Staff

@ECHLN said in Justin Timberlake In The Studio With The Neptunes (2016):

@phoomphoom where? Those two songs sounded like P. The first one has the P 808s and the second had P's vocal chops if I'm not mistaken

*neptunes. Not a single P solo record on this album.

edit: that’s what I’ve been told by those guys directly fuck what the credits say.

• @marques said in Justin Timberlake In The Studio With The Neptunes (2016):

live drums?

oh god

ahhhhhh I can't take it

• @Mavis said in Justin Timberlake In The Studio With The Neptunes (2016):

@phoomphoom where? Those two songs sounded like P. The first one has the P 808s and the second had P's vocal chops if I'm not mistaken

FUCK YES!!!

edit: that’s what I’ve been told by those guys directly fuck what the credits say.

glad this is confirmed for sure

You're taking me threw a roller coaster of emotions in this thread, man. 2018 gonna be a good one

• Ryan McGinley photos for the artwork. One of my favourite photographers.

• Filthy is the first single and will drop on Friday. Produced by Timbaland and Danja! He's dropping two more videos, one a week, starting January 19th.

• DSoJQLLW4AA8TYv.jpg

The first banger perhaps ?

• Press release is out and it's no longer just Pharrell, they are The Neptunes again!

(New York, New York – January 3, 2018) – Ten time Grammy® winner and four time Emmy® winner Justin Timberlake is set to release his fourth studio album, Man Of The Woods on February 2nd via RCA Records. The album will be available for pre-order alongside the release of his brand new single and music video, “Filthy” on January 5th. “Filthy” was co-written and co-produced by Timberlake, Timbaland, and Danja with additional writing credits from James Fauntleroy and Larrance Dopson.

Man Of The Woods marks Timberlake’s most ambitious album to date, both sonically and lyrically. Combining the sounds of traditional American rock with the modern influences of collaborators The Neptunes, Timbaland, Chris Stapleton, and Alicia Keys, this new material explores storytelling inspired by his son, his wife, and his personal journey from Memphis to where he is today.

The colorful, futuristic music video for “Filthy” was directed by groundbreaking and multiple award-winning director Mark Romanek. The dance heavy video features Timberlake as a modern day inventor presenting his latest creation to the world. This is the second time Timberlake and Romanek have teamed up for a one-of-a-kind video.

Following “Filthy” and leading into the February 2nd Man Of The Woods album launch, Timberlake will release three additional music videos, each with their own individual style and color from three different directors. The additional songs will be released weekly starting on January 18th leading up to the release of the full album.

Two days after the release of the album, Timberlake will hit the stage and headline the Pepsi Super Bowl LII Halftime Show on Sunday, February 4th.

Target will carry an exclusive version of the album, featuring unique cover art, a poster and a digital download code. In addition, the retailer will release a special version of the Vinyl edition. Presale begins Jan. 5.

Multi-talented actor and musician Justin Timberlake has sold over 32 million albums worldwide, sold out arenas all across the globe, received numerous awards and nominations and has wildly become one of the most highly respected entertainers in the business.

All three of Timberlake’s solo albums (Justified, FutureSex/LoveSounds and The 20/20 Experience) have received various platinum or multi-platinum certifications worldwide. In the US, Timberlake has received five #1 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 with seventeen being in the top ten as well as garnered the most Mainstream Top40 Top 10’s among solo males in the chart’s 25-year history (18 total).

Most recently, Timberlake released the 4X platinum selling song “CAN’T STOP THE FEELING!” from the film TROLLS which debuted #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, became the singer’s first #1 debut on the chart and ultimately the best-selling US single for 2016. Additionally, it marked Timberlake’s tenth Grammy Award® and garnered a nomination for an Academy Award® and Golden Globe Award®.

A gifted actor, Timberlake has appeared in diverse films including ALPHA DOG, BLACK SNAKE MOAN and SHREK THE THIRD. He won strong reviews for his performance in Oscar®-nominated THE SOCIAL NETWORK. His other credits include BAD TEACHER, FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS, IN TIME, INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, RUNNER RUNNER, TROLLS and WONDER WHEEL. Timberlake has also won four Emmys for his appearances on “Saturday Night Live.”

• i'm going into this album fully expecting to hate it (you know, with the whole potential for it to be a country album), but man, seeing timbo and danja on the first single and seeing the neptunes mentioned in the press release, i am getting some kind of feels that i can't shake at the moment.

• Disappointed, but not surprised that the Neptunes didn't get the first single. Kinda bugs me. I dunno, maybe I'm getting greedy lol. I hope they have at least 5 songs on the album. I'll keep my expectations to 2, just so I can only be surprised and not further disappointed. 🤞

• @Skletch i feel you dude...i was hoping for the first single to be neptunes, it’s been too long! but shit, at least they’re on the album!

• me too but the danja x timbaland x justin being back as a unit has me just as excited. I hope the production is split in half how it was on justified. I cant have just two new neptunes and justin songs. thats not fair

• Staff

Very interested to hear what Tim & Danja come up with. The theme of this album is dangerously close to what the three of them tried to Duran Duran and Chris Cornell... so I’m slightly cautious

• @Mavis but Duran Duran album had some great music - it was Le Bonn’s corny vocals that let it down. & Chris Cornell album was Tim’s first deviation (producer wise - its co prod by J-Roc) after parting with Danja. After hearing the quality of the production Danja just did for the Agnez Mo album (don’t love all songs but production level is very high) I’m very excited for this

• I used to be a huge Timbo fan when he produced his own music. Now he just attaches his name to stuff people ghost produce for him, so don't really fuck with him anymore. It's like finding out you're adopted. Only way I can describe the feeling.

• @Skletch said in Justin Timberlake In The Studio With The Neptunes (2016):

I used to be a huge Timbo fan when he produced his own music. Now he just attaches his name to stuff people ghost produce for him, so don't really fuck with him anymore. It's like finding out you're adopted. Only way I can describe the feeling.

That's been going on for the better part of a decade or so. Even longer for other lower profiled projects. I remember the Ashlee Simpson project with Timbaland being heralded throughout the whole process and his ass wasn't doing anything but listening to the music after J-Roc and The Royal Court had completed production and he would do an ad lib.

• @Skletch said in Justin Timberlake In The Studio With The Neptunes (2016):

I used to be a huge Timbo fan when he produced his own music. Now he just attaches his name to stuff people ghost produce for him, so don't really fuck with him anymore. It's like finding out you're adopted. Only way I can describe the feeling.

I feel you but it's part of his "giving back" nature. He loves putting on the younger generation and I admire him for that.

• Being a producer and a Timbo fan must be nice. Unlike Pharrell, he connects with those fans more by showing a lot of his studio sessions. I know more about Timbo as a producer than I know P and I'm a bigger fan of P and I think that's a problem

Looks like your connection to Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (2018) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.