Preview Graph’s Debut Album ‘Lipstick Graphiti’ With Chad Hugo, TheNeptunes.org Interview

• Admin

0_1459093052371_GRAPH_COVER_FINAL_HI_RES_CHERRY_1.jpg
    Hailing from Toronto, Krista Gonzales, known professionally as Graph, is ready to release her debut album ‘Lipstick Graphiti. Graph returns with the 80s retro pop with a very eclectic sound and for those who miss the 80s new wave, dance beats with silky vocals and twisting sounds from the 80s, ‘Lipstick Graphiti’ is exactly what you need. The talended singer will be releasing her upcoming album Lipstick Graphiti on April 6th independently which blends pop, rock, and rap with contributors by Chad Hugo, Tone Mason (Drake/Jay-Z/TheGame/Fantasia), Time Chariot, Chin Injeti of The New Royales (DJ Khalil/Dr Dre/Eminem/Pink) and Hill Kourkoutis who’s worked with Serena Ryder/The Weeknd.

Recorded in her hometown, Graph describes the new project as retro, infused with 80s inspired style, but still modern. “I wanted to create a body of work that was fun to listen to and hopefully unique” she said. Graph, got her start in music as teenager, listening to hip hop and eventually recorded herself for fun. “It was probably what I spent most of my time doung as an individual, writing verses and recording them,” Graph said. “It was kind of a natural thing that happened”. Inspired by the eclectic sound of Toronto, Graph’s own vibe reflects hip, electronic and synth rock, as well as pop and rap influences. Early in her career she began working with various groups in Toronto and New York, building up musical experience by consistently working in the studio. Through her hand work and dedication, she has collaborated with Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo of The Neptunes, Talib Kweli, Clipse , and more, just to name a few.

I’ve managed to Interview Graph where she talked about her new album, her influences and music in general. Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario to Trinidadian parents, Graph began writing music early at the age of 14. She tributes several genres as an influence; as is evident in her performances that mix various genres normally regarded as incompatible. This led her to winning the Galaxie Rising Star Award that only enhanced Graph’s signature sound. “It was probably what I spent most of my time doing as an individual, writing verses and recording them,” Graph said. “It was kind of a natural thing that happened.” Stream the album below and check out the Interview.

theneptunes-org-interview/#sthash.11BmMobo.dpuf

• Admin

Can you point out the Chad Hugo Production :)

• I'd say the last one, dont ask me why lol

• belong 2 u and bad behavior…

• Bad behavior

• Hmm yeah imma go bad behavior and belong 2 u as well.

• dl link pleaaase Mika:

• @Mika pleaaase can you put a link ? At least the Chad productions ?

• It's funny how the vocal melodies alone let you know it's Chad lol

• Admin

not yet guys

Looks like your connection to Preview Graph’s Debut Album ‘Lipstick Graphiti’ With Chad Hugo was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.