Number One (Flip)

• Hey what do y'all think of the flip I did of Number One?? Feel free to follow my page too. I'll follow back!

• @j2047 the pitched up vocals throwing me off a bit but i'd love to hear this as an instrumental...damn

• yeah I think we can agree that besides the vocals, it's an interesting take of this classic song.

• Thanks for the feedback!

• THIS IS CRAZY!!!! HAVE YOU HEARD @BabyMilo flip he did for one of his shows?

• @Sideshow-Bob No I haven't. It'd be cool to check out though. I bet it's dope

• @j2047 It's the last episode of The Jelllies on his app, I believe.

• I appreciate the Flip vocals and all. I can see how they can be distracting though. Overall I think it fits the concept of what you were trying to do. What exactly made you decide to raise the pitch? I know sometimes I do that just to make the sample clean(er) but that doesn't always work.

Sidenote: we should all follow suit and flip neptunes productions (or compile some we've done already) and make a mixtape out of it

• @mr_novalike I'm down. I did something with Yummy that's pretty tight

• @Sideshow-Bob Ok I'll def try to check it out
    @mr_novalike Thanks. I pretty much did it because of a college radio show I listen to here in Atlanta. It's called The Wave and they play chill trap/soul flips. Last week the host played a flip someone did to Rock Your Body by JT and the vocals were pitched down. I decided to give it a shot with this one but turn up the pitch instead. I just tried not to think of the original and make it a completely different song

• He also plays N.E.R.D sometimes ("Brain" last show) which is really dope especially with the over saturation of trap in Atlanta.

• @j2047 said:

@Sideshow-Bob Ok I'll def try to check it out
    @mr_novalike Thanks. I pretty much did it because of a college radio show I listen to here in Atlanta. It's called The Wave and they play chill trap/soul flips. Last week the host played a flip someone did to Rock Your Body by JT and the vocals were pitched down. I decided to give it a shot with this one but turn up the pitch instead. I just tried not to think of the original and make it a completely different song

Joekay will usually play those types of flips on Beats 1 Soulection Radio. It's cool y'all have a local station like that.

• @j2047 Atlanta is so on right now. Same with Compton and Chicago.

Looks like your connection to Number One (Flip) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.