Skepta - Numbers feat. Pharrell (16′)

• "the LaFerrari's a carriage" AHHH

• This is my new shit right now. Been bumping ever since it dropped!

• @Neonep said:

This shit is fucking off the chain! Pharrell in Grippin Pine P mode. I love this shit!!

Hahaha hilarious, lv know me madonna know me, now im sittin wit twizta, sitten wit some gold teeth!!!!

• Admin

this is fuckin awesome !!!

• sorry to be the party pooper.
    not feeling it.
    sounds old and the drum pattern weak.

• Liking the overall vibe - Not sure why, reminds me of the shark city click song from F&F OST. Nice to hear Skep on something like this, feel like I want him to spit harder though delivery-wise. Also, love the pharrell verse, but feel like the song would benefit from having Skepta there instead of P. But overall best Pharrell contribution in a while, will be playing a lot

• No clue who this is, but this shit is dope.

• Ignorant P will never not be cool to me.
    Skepta's whole album is nice too, only played it once but feeling it so far...

• P in his 40s still talking about how wealthy he is. I don't get it

• Corny. Wish 40 produced this.

• @Rawdee I feel like only rappers in their 40s are financially stable enough to spit bars about how rich they are if we're being realistic.

• i feel it man, i wish he rapped about black power or personal problems on this beat. sarcasm haha

but seriously why does him being 40 and talking about something he actually has on a rap song get looked as bad? also, he didnt even straight out say he was rich, he found a clever way to talk about it......but then again i like that rich nigga talk stuff so much and also know where its coming from so i can be bias to it

• Staff

The line "Chanel pharrell is funny as hell" shows that he's self aware and joking with the things he's saying on the song anyway.

I've been thinking - what does the hook of this song even mean? I don't get it. Can someone explain?

• Well I just would love to see more pretty stuff. And sure I would love this some years ago, but I guess I changed my perspective on how I look at it these days. I know he really loves hiphop, but he also loves all the pretty 70s stuff right. Sure it was a different time, but those guys were imo very conscious and cared about ethics and principles. It was only love records. They weren't fucking around with 'music'. And well him portraying himself as somewhat of a conscious man, but then still rapping stuff like that. We all know/the world knows hes very rich, so I'm thinking why is there still a need to talk about it? There is little honour/power in it imo. Would be nice to see him do more love-themed records. So much of the rapping/hiphop stuff, not so much beautiful shit. Like where is that jazz record he talked about on the Gilles Peterson show haha

• @Mavis I was thinking how it's about rappers only pushing numbers (sales) rather than meaningful content. "Quit talking numbers, calculator" aka stop only looking at the numbers and focus on the quality of the music.

Could be completely wrong, just my take.

• @Hunter I agee. In the first verse Skepta raps about the business side of the industry and talks about it being dishonest and about over/ever monetizing a product that is ultimately unquantifiable

• @Rawdee said:

Well I just would love to see more pretty stuff. And sure I would love this some years ago, but I guess I changed my perspective on how I look at it these days. I know he really loves hiphop, but he also loves all the pretty 70s stuff right. Sure it was a different time, but those guys were imo very conscious and cared about ethics and principles. It was only love records. They weren't fucking around with 'music'. And well him portraying himself as somewhat of a conscious man, but then still rapping stuff like that. We all know/the world knows hes very rich, so I'm thinking why is there still a need to talk about it? There is little honour/power in it imo. Would be nice to see him do more love-themed records. So much of the rapping/hiphop stuff, not so much beautiful shit. Like where is that jazz record he talked about on the Gilles Peterson show haha

This reminds me of a conversation I had with somebody who didn't like P.
    The gist of their dislike was: 'he 'acts' humble and philosophical in interviews but ghetto and hard in music videos. He's a fraud as one side is an act and so I don't like him.'
    I don't outright agree or disagree but it is interesting how post 2010 new-age P who has spoken about renouncing materialism and is embarrassed by In My Mind can happily write a verse like this.

• @3000 From what I've seen he's definitely a different person around black people than white people. Or public vs. private settings. It's weird.

• @Hunter Pharrell knows how to move.

• Or how about the fact that he can do all of the conscious, or love stuff but also have songs where he goes ignorant P? I like artists that can do both, if I'm not having fun somewhere on an album, I don't really like it. It feels like a chore to listen to. Part of the reason that I'm 50/50 about Kendrick

Looks like your connection to Skepta - Numbers feat. Pharrell (16′) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.