Are we going to get a Missy album anytime soon?

• I feel like she disappeared again

• @floridagator good question

• If WTF did better on the charts I guarantee she would have put something out by now

• Yeah unfortunately I think WTF was a flop for mainstream people, so they're probably waiting for something with a Fetty Wap feature etc. smh

• Fetty is dope let's be real here

• @Playahater ehh, I don't hate him, but he's reached T-Pain throw him on a hook for a hit status.

• Staff

She needs to stop posting meme's and weird "inspirational" tweets about the fact that she used to be good. It's making her seem stuck in the past.

Hope an album comes to light eventually

• At least wtf made a mark, the second single was the big mistake (pep rally), that song literally did nothing and imo halted all momentum she had built. A good follow up single could have kept things going

• yes pep rally was the mistake. But then again Missy didnt see that Beyonce project coming out. It came on the same day. Not her fault.

• pep rally just sounded dated to niggas outside the forum, thats why it didnt spark closeminded ass people's interests

• i really fucking thought wtf was gonna be the comeback but niggas these days dont wanna hear that, half the ppl want that raw lyrical shit, half the ppl want trap shit with catchy hooks. nobody wants to dance and listen to shit that feels good you know like sure, there is trap songs like watch me whip or whatever tf that tragedy was but niggas dont want shit like this in this time and it bums me tf out

• not to mention niggas thought she was a nicki ripoff

• Pep Rally was weak

• Yeah both of the Pharrell produced joints were basura. I really liked the songs she did with Tim that dropped a few years ago, 9th Inning and Triple Threat, but those barely made a splash either.

• I love WTF to this day. Did we ever find out if both P and Chad collabed on this record?

• Staff

Yeah, "WTF" is the shit.

• @superjdoug said:

At least wtf made a mark, the second single was the big mistake (pep rally), that song literally did nothing and imo halted all momentum she had built. A good follow up single could have kept things going

i think what happened was beyonce
    pep rally came out same day beyonce performed at the super bowl and formation had came out a few days before. Pep Rally was dead in water the minute formation hit the web. to be real, missy doesnt really have the draw she once did. Like she could tour from her old shit but idk if her new shit is gonna mean anything to people not die hard missy fans
    its damn hard to recapture the attention of people after being away and out the game for so long. so many artist from that era try to make comebacks and probably have big aspirations but people tend to want whats current and new. maybe a timbo sounding missy track to follow up WTF couldve worked cause wtf did get some play and cause a buzz.

• LOL
    Let's blame everything except the fact that it just wasn't a catchy enough song and it didn't stay with people at all. The song had no relevance. Don't fool yourself into thinking "oh this song was too good to become popular. Darn millenials and theyre trap music"
    They clearly tried to make a pop impact with this song but me and a lot of other people on this forum knew it'd be a flop the second we heard it

It's not hard to call this kind of stuff if you're into current music. Shit like this doesn't cut it man. Sounds cheap.

Let's not forget that this song shot up to like #30 because of the initial hype of a Missy comeback. People care man. It's just that they heard it and never wanted to hear it again. That's why it fell off the charts like a week later. (That doesn't happen normally btw. Songs don't just climb for a week and then suddenly fall off)

• WTF wasnt a flop

• Staff

@Playahater said:

LOL
    Let's blame everything except the fact that it just wasn't a catchy enough song and it didn't stay with people at all. The song had no relevance. Don't fool yourself into thinking "oh this song was too good to become popular. Darn millenials and theyre trap music"
    They clearly tried to make a pop impact with this song but me and a lot of other people on this forum knew it'd be a flop the second we heard it

It's not hard to call this kind of stuff if you're into current music. Shit like this doesn't cut it man. Sounds cheap.

Let's not forget that this song shot up to like #30 because of the initial hype of a Missy comeback. People care man. It's just that they heard it and never wanted to hear it again. That's why it fell off the charts like a week later. (That doesn't happen normally btw. Songs don't just climb for a week and then suddenly fall off)

Fair statement. But at the same time do you say literally every pharrell produced single is gonna be a flop lol.

• @Mavis is he wrong though ? What's Pharrell's last hit ? Happy comes to mind. How many tracks has he released since then ? How many made an impact ? Genuinely wondering, not trying to be negative.

Looks like your connection to Are we going to get a Missy album anytime soon? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.