WTF Pharrell- are You out of Your mind?

• WTF:
    https://www.bakucitycircuit.com/media/press-releases/111/pharrell-williams-to-headline-entertainment-programs-in-baku

You don´t need the money (10million).You don´t need the spotlight.
    I thought You were smarter than Jlo,Beyonce et al.
    While You perform this guy is torturing the opposition.

• don't get it, what's the problem?

• i'm confused is pharrell not allowed to perform?

• Yeah that's terrible.

Formula 1 is also and environmentally disastrous sport (and mainly for the rich). Yes it delivers new technologies for efficiencies in modern day car but my god they use a lot of fossil fuels in doing so. Don't know why Pharrell continually associates himself with it.

• This post is deleted!

• Of course he's like that, it's all about money...

Recently he was on stage at the Bar Mitzvah of the son of Arnaud Mimran. This french guy paid Pharrell with the diversion of the money from the carbon tax.

http://archyworldys.com/new-revelations-about-arnaud-mimran-the-golden-boy-in-troubled-waters/

• This is turning into a very interesting thread. #lurking

• We live in the most fucked up of worlds, sadly we one got the one.

• @cloud helix-
    very good explanation.
    But this is worse.
    We are talking about one of the oldest, one of the hardest dictators in the world.He robbed his people.He installed his peeps on all stages of his system.He eradicated, followed, murdered any opposing, freethinking people.
    And now on the peak of his ego-trip, he tries to wash himself.Cleanse.

And stars who have an image (and I´m not talking about an Enrique Iglesias,Britney, etc.),
    who stand for something
    just surrender.
    Just take off their mask with ONE MOVE.

Everything that Pharrell does now seems a mere PR fog in relation to this letdown.

First the really, really bad selfish defense in the Robin Thicke Waterloo.
    Then this stund with the MAFIA as linked above-wow.
    Now another nail in the coffin.
    10 million for....for what? He cannot be dependent on this money, yet he throws everything over board.Fucvk.

• @quantim said:

Yeah that's terrible.

Formula 1 is also and environmentally disastrous sport (and mainly for the rich). Yes it delivers new technologies for efficiencies in modern day car but my god they use a lot of fossil fuels in doing so. Don't know why Pharrell continually associates himself with it.

i doubt F1 causes such a big environmental impact that its really a damning sport.

• @cloud-helix this is exactly why i never took pharrell serious as an activist at any point or stage. the things he speak out against are superficial at best.

• you guys are wild hahaha

• Pharrell buys clothes like 100 chicks combined....... no wonder

• Admin

While Pharrell does do some questionable things from time to time. He's not really here to defend himself from some of the speculation going on here. Prob the best if we don't do that. However, feel free to tweet him or any other form social media where you might be heard by him.

Many times people don't have all of the details about something, the rabbit hole of causal suffering is deep. If you live in any part of the "developed" world, then your standard of living no matter the standing of class, is supported by off of the backs of those less fortunate. When you gas up and notice that its under $3.00 a gallon, reflect and ask how many middle eastern deaths took place for this. If you really do give a shit about reducing suffering then ask what can YOU do within your capacity and simply do it. Mad easy to point at other people.

• Staff

In addition to what Mari says - we don't know what P is going to do with that 10milli.

So far he's done some important things - innovating with recycled fabrics, pushing to lower global carbon emissions, built schools for underprivileged kids and funded and supported countless young start ups.

In fact he's done more positive to help the world than any of us. So how can we judge?

I'm sure part of this 10 mill will go to a good cause.

• yeah he's an hell of an philanthropist, he puts his money where his mouth is I respect that and admire that about him

@Mavis said:

In addition to what Mari says - we don't know what P is going to do with that 10milli.

So far he's done some important things - innovating with recycled fabrics, pushing to lower global carbon emissions, built schools for underprivileged kids and funded and supported countless young start ups.

In fact he's done more positive to help the world than any of us. So how can we judge?

I'm sure part of this 10 mill will go to a good cause.

• @BabyMilo said:

you guys are wild hahaha

Sorry but I expected more from you.Golf is not enough.

Looks like your connection to WTF Pharrell- are You out of Your mind? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.