Pharrell Williams & Robin Thicke Lose $7.4M Verdict For Blurred Lines

• @Playahater And whos to say any other artist or man/woman in this same situation wouldnt also? If P acted his waist size I see no different outcome. I doubt they'd change their mind based on his attitude, you have ppl on this forum even agreeing with the verdict, and these are fans of the guy. Like I said either way he was in a lose/lose based on a feeling and some cowbells, attitude or not wouldnt change the outcome.

• Staff

@imleeroygreen said:

@Playahater And whos to say any other artist or man/woman in this same situation wouldnt also? If P acted his waist size I see no different outcome. I doubt they'd change their mind based on his attitude, you have ppl on this forum even agreeing with the verdict, and these are fans of the guy. Like I said either way he was in a lose/lose based on a feeling and some cowbells, attitude or not wouldnt change the outcome.

I think they lost 100% based on attitude. P got caught stretching the truth. Thicke said he's dishonest.

There's no way you're going to believe anything they say from that point on. But if P was up front and open and said "you know what, I use phrases I don't understand. I went to music school but I don't remember the exact details now. I made the song by ear" then that would have been fine. Endearing even. And there's no lies or arguments there. If anything it supports the idea that he was just grooving instead of copying.

It seems the gayes lawyer was trying to discredit them both and portray them as liars. And P played right into it.

• @imleeroygreen

You're interviewingf 2 people...both 40 year old men - one is a pleasant, professional individual who shows honesty and patience. He maintains composure throughout you're interview.

The other is an overly animated, man-child, rolling his eyes and giving you attitude. Right off the bat, talking about "ludicrous questions".

You would probably think positive things about the first person, and be weary of the second. Now why do you think people involved in the deposition, trial and jury would think any different? These aren't robots making decisions in these trials dude. They are humans that are swayed by their own perception and judgement.

• @Mavis yeah I don't understand why he just didn't say he doesn't read music, who cares. It helps his case.

• @Mavis I think they lost on general perception of the track similarities.

General perception when these 2 songs are played will say that "Yeah, they definitely copied Marvin Gayes song" I went to audio school around the time this case happened and the A/B the tracks to us and the majority of the class said the same thing "Yeah he copied it"

Attitude or not, wasn't the best way to handle it, and im sure it played a part in the decision, but that definitely was not the SOLE factor of the verdict. Its all about perception of hearing the two songs and like I said just about 95% of a general audience would agree its stolen.

• Now we´re getting somewhere.
    I honestly think the jury was openly against those two guys, and the core fact got completely lost.
    In the end this case was LOST by sheer human feelings.They were too narrow minded to see that they have to persuade a jury.
    With attitude you get nowhere.

For P it might be peanuts, for Thicke it might have to do with selling his house.
    At least he works harder now -lol

7 million on attitude.Hilarious.That´s something for MAD Magazine.

Looks like your connection to Pharrell Williams & Robin Thicke Lose $7.4M Verdict For Blurred Lines was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.