The Neptunes Drought

• What a quiet year. Geez

• Super dry year. I'll never forget back in 2013 when we got 7 new songs in one day. Shit was crazy.

• Spaceman said:

Super dry year. I'll never forget back in 2013 when we got 7 new songs in one day. Shit was crazy.

yeah, miss that so much. I dont even open the forum that often anymore :(

• yeah this is like 2008-2010 status. although, the music we are occasionally getting is a lot better than what we were getting back then.

what makes it more frustrating is at least back then u knew pharrell was doing other, non-music related ventures. the past year or 2 he's been in the studio with tons of artists and the passion has been back for a few years now. we've even had rumors of chad being back around yet we have had very little to keep us going. i'm holding out hope that things will get better later this year but as each week/month passes without something new/great that hope dwindles more and more.

• Don't fret. Everything that's not coming out now will come out later. I think the end of this year we'll get a huge amount of Neptunes thrown at us. In the meantime, I'll make my own ish. :)

• I sincerely hope that Pharrell someday will give us "Neptunes Thursdays" or something. A day when he releases us old unheard neptunes productions on a weekly basis and I will forgive him for this drought. Maybe that will also be the time I can retire peacefully as a Neptunes stan.

• They should do that on Othertone... Hopefully we'll have some gems on the Hidden Figures soundtrack

• Staff

The impression I get is that Pharrell has disappeared on purpose because he was over exposed. He's hinted at it on othertone a few times.

• This post is deleted!

• we did just get a full album produced by him (little big town)

• Bruh 2008-2010 had so much music. Madonna, NERD, Common's entire albums, Lil Wayne leaks, PATRON (which is in my opinion the best Neptunes/Pharrell production ever), Zock On -probably so much more but yea that's just 2008. 2009 gave us Shakira, Jay Z, all those Instant gratification leaks. 2010 we got NERD again.

If anything this year is almost uncomparable. I don't think there's every been a year this quiet in Pharrell/Chad's careers.

• 2008 was so great, we were spoiled and didn't even know it

• This post is deleted!

• Definitely agree. 2008 was the best year.

I still hope we someday get to hear the Punch Drunk Love version aka "The Eye" where Pharrell does the hook and background singing. That version sounded so sick when common performed it back in 2008. I cannot imagine how many sick songs these guys have in their vault tho. dang

• With the guitar. Someone needs to remake the instrumental of that.

• Yeah that song needs a serious Reboot. Something so perfect about it. It reminded me of Steal Away and I'll never forget how much I was looking forward to hearing the studio version but then ended up being disappointed and then the remix came and made everything ok again

• C'mon girl, let's go
    To distant lands unknown

• Mayyybe they are working on a project (n.e.r.d) hence the hiatus! Fingers firmly crossed

• lord_willin said:

Definitely agree. 2008 was the best year.

I still hope we someday get to hear the Punch Drunk Love version aka "The Eye" where Pharrell does the hook and background singing. That version sounded so sick when common performed it back in 2008. I cannot imagine how many sick songs these guys have in their vault tho. dang

That live version is everything!

• This post is deleted!

• NERD and JT....it'll all be worth the wait. (I hope)

Looks like your connection to The Neptunes Drought was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.