Old Demo

• I found an old demo tape that I sent to Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. I think I was just phasing out of my Neptunes type material and coming into my own style of music.

• damn they produced for janet, usher, alexander o'neal, sos band, michael, mya, new edition and practically everyone. fuck.

• this flames though.

• damn they produced for janet, usher, alexander o'neal, sos band, michael, mya, new edition and practically everyone. fuck.

Prince fired them from the band "The Time" after he found out that were producing on their own. 16 Billboard Hot 100 #1s, Grammy Award for Producer of the Year, these guys are legends.

• They were the Neptunes of the late 80's -90's. They are the only producers that could manufacture nostalgia... I don't know if they've made one bad song...

• SkateboardP.com said:

this flames though.

Thanks man

• mr_novalike said:

They were the Neptunes of the late 80's -90's. They are the only producers that could manufacture nostalgia... I don't know if they've made one bad song...

no problem.

• you cant find your own style without emulating others to begin with, and this is some good shit ;)

• This post is deleted!

• MortenMars said:

you cant find your own style without emulating others to begin with, and this is some good shit ;)

Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis are the only producers in my opinion that rival the Neptunes as far as my personal preferences go. I grew up on them man... Thanks alot by the way

They are responsible for hits for all kinds of people. Mint Condition, Janet, New Edition, Alexander Oneal, Usher, Michael Jackson...basically every major R&B act of the 90's and early 2000's

• I found an old demo tape that I sent to Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. I think I was just phasing out of my Neptunes type material and coming into my own style of music.

Produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis

• they produced I didn't mean to turn you on

• We need a thread just dedicated to them....

• Andre said:

they produced I didn't mean to turn you on

damn what a gem. not sure how i've never heard this before

• This soundtrack is everything... Also produced by Jam and Lewis. The best New Jack City album ever created.

alt text

• mr_novalike said:

We need a thread just dedicated to them....

word. their work is so rich and diverse and it spans many eras. I was listening earlier to this Sounds of Blackness song that they produced

• rob said:

mr_novalike said:

We need a thread just dedicated to them....

word. their work is so rich and diverse and it spans many eras. I was listening earlier to this Sounds of Blackness song that they produced

Loooove this song

Looks like your connection to Old Demo was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.