N*E*R*D's 'In Search Of...' 15 Years Later !!!

• 15 years ago, the electronic version of 'In Search of...' came out. 'Brain' electronic still like my fav thing ever & the skit at the end of Tape You.

• favorite album of all time. althought it was the spymob version i copped back in 2002. thats the one i love. whats wrong with me so good still too. love this time wish i couldve seen a show back then

• i would kill to hear shooting stars or mr.ufo man n.e.r.d version tho; i feel like those were ISO songs

• Staff

"Stay Together" is a life changer.

• This album had the biggest impact on me -- bigger than IMM because I was already sold by then.

Stay together, Am I high, Bobby James and the Outro, Things Are Getting Better, Run 2 the motherfucking SUN -- This is a timeless piece that can relate to my life, no matter what mood I am in.

To this day, anyone that I have ever met that was a fan of this album, or declared it one of their favs, has always been an artsy fartsy type of person -- Always cool people who brand themselves as Others.

Long live this album. The Spymob version for me in the most impressive musically, but it's something about the Digital UK versions, with the extensions to Tape You (second chance) and the skits that I can recite word for word, that are very special.

"hey... hey... nice head..."

\//,

• This post is deleted!

• Staff

I really want to hear the In Search Of version of "little suzie" so bad.

This album is my #1 of all time (rock version). It blows my mind that there's like 7 songs they cut from it. I didn't know it was possible to be so experimental and blend so many things - but still remain relatable - until this album. It's one of a kind, even all these years later.

• I used to be one of the guys that would go to the record store and ask to listen to about 5 albums at a time, and just stand there for a couple of hours listening to awesome shit. Kaleidoscope was one of those albums that I bought after listening to it the whole way through, and started my love for all things from planet Neptune. During another visit to a record store, the front cover of 'In Search Of' caught my eye, the digital version, and I realised the Neptunes and N.E.R.D were the same dudes. I bought the digital version that day, a US Import version which cost a bomb, and even included the glow in the dark 'brain' iron on patch that goes on the trucker hats. This album was everything to me, everything. Shay on the cover playing Playstaion 1, such a dope cover. I've still got that album I bought that day, and like many of us, cemented my love for the Neptunes. When I found the rock version, different cover in a record store on another visit and noticed a track missing, I bought that too, and my mind was blown that there was a whole different version of this album that I already loved.

I love both versions of this album, they shaped the music I would search out for my whole life after that point, but the first digital version definitely has a special place in my memories because it was by chance I decided to walk into that record store that day and listen to that album.

15 years later and still In Search Of dope music that makes me feel like I did that day. Happy 'In Search Of' day people, I know it means as much to you all as it does to me.

alt text

• "Eerrrr...
    ...Can we do it again?!"

• advanced cd > us cd

• Both versions are fresh 4 different reasons. I got the UK version off LimeWire early, as I was in discovery mode searching everything listed on the ST site. Then this girl put me on 2 the Spymob version around the time FOD dropped - so I had my uncle buy me both albums for my birthday that year. My limbs were blown x3 when I finally sat with the album. Plus I was still fucked up off Clones. Come 2 think of it, their catalogue was already pretty ridiculous back then.

I'm glad I got 2 experience the euphoria that came with their music. I feel the same way about In Search Of (Spymob), as I do Off The Wall. I don't skip anything when I play both. As someone in here put it - everything hits the ear perfectly. Much like Off The Wall, the quality is pristine to this day. It's as if the album has gotten more interesting to the ear as we go further into the future - and that's really cool.

• 2001 version always gonna be superior to me. Only track they improved on the Spymob version was Rock Star. OG Rock Star was mad weak. Other than that...imma have to go with the '01 version every time. Both are ill though don't get me wrong. It just really feels like with the electronic instrumentation the core ideals of N.E.R.D. as a movement were translated the best. Really felt a lot more "different"...

• For me it was "Am I High"
    I don't think I gave the 2002 version a chance until I heard that version of Bobby James and Am I High - did I mention this was in 2007? Hahaha

The Original has always been the one for me.
    I's fucks with the advanced version too for the Love (Euphoria) Hidden track

• This album and fly or die got me through 8-11 grade. A very interesting time for my growth as a person.

• It's the album that let me know it was okay to be weird and helped me become the person I am and should be.
    I owe it more than I can say and I still myself remain In Search Of...

• Staff

KoJo said:

For me it was "Am I High"
    I don't think I gave the 2002 version a chance until I heard that version of Bobby James and Am I High - did I mention this was in 2007? Hahaha

The Original has always been the one for me.
    I's fucks with the advanced version too for the Love (Euphoria) Hidden track

What's love euphoria? 😱😱😱

• It's the interlude that was posted here a couple of years ago and was 'supposedly on the advanced CD

I swear I'm going to smack myself with an African wooden spoon if I'm told it's not 😩😩😩
    I'll upload it when I get home

• Except for sex. I was late on a lot of things. Graduation, Job that I trully like, international trip, smoke weed, drink beer, mature, threesome, all those things and lot more. I was always late on things in life. But In Search Of... kinda made "being late" not that painfull for my life.
    God damn it that album kept me on that kid-wild-fuck-society-enjoy-life-shit for a lot more that all my friends. U know? The album give u that! The feeling. Yeah, teenage time was fucked up but they painted in such great colors that u look back and say "u know what? those were the days". I was 17 years old when I first listened the album. I was between relationships (starting with a new girl that I I had a 4 year-relationship and she used to have those beautiful pink rounded titties; fucking my ex that hold her virginity for a year of relationship AND just when I broke up with her she gave me the puss that I UNTILL TO THIS DAY jerk off to cause her thang was beautifully meatfull, and doing one night stands with a skinny nerdy girl from school). ISO kept me wild. Powerful kid that was on his prime fucking girls. Going home with the dick hard cause u know how it is when u are dating with 16-17 year olds on early 2000's. Trying to skateboard but I sucked. Tried to play futebol (its not soccer fuck this word lol), but I was too distracted. I was drawing with friends and doing grafitties on the walls of my neighborhood while drinking soda on plastic bags and eating chips for like 10 cents a pack.
    My teenage life dont relate with all the lyrics, but the sounds does. That make sense?

Shit. ISO is like my big brother that I never had. I will love ISO till the day I die

• 3000 said:

It's the album that let me know it was okay to be weird and helped me become the person I am and should be.
    I owe it more than I can say and I still myself remain In Search Of...

same here

• Same, this is the album that made me want to make music myself, the 2001 version is my favorite to be honest

• Side note - do you guys think Fly or Die would've been made if the ISO rock version wasn't made? And if it would which direction would you think it'd go in?

Looks like your connection to N*E*R*D's 'In Search Of...' 15 Years Later !!! was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.