The Official ‘Hidden Figures’ Thread

• Admin

23048303efeabdc18aed4c874a5e80b7461ea83c.jpg
    iTunes Rip !

Lalah Hathaway - Surrender feat. Pharrell (16')
    http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/R14nPs0S/file.html

Pharrell Williams - Runnin' (16')
    http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/mFOQ4S84/file.html

• I remember that one line from 'NER*D - Don't worry about it' where he says "Chocolate flower". I was like Daaaamn P 😦

• I need less of this Pharrell and more of the Pharrell that made Numbers, Suicide, & Alright.

• That Pharrell died in late 2013 bro. RIP.

• At least it isn't country tbh

& I think these couple of tracks are actually pretty cool

• Neonep said:

I need less of this Pharrell and more of the Pharrell that made Numbers, Suicide, & Alright.

We're probably getting more of that soon, it's just for the movie, I feel.

• Staff

Playahater said:

Don't give me that eye roll.

You know it's a corny ass lyric. Some of the stuff P says nowadays triggers my corny radar so hard my balls retract into my stomach and I gotta pull them out.
    Not fun 😕

It's a song for a movie set in 60's Virginia. He's channeling that era and getting in "character" to set the scene. What do you expect him to talk about?

P has so many different personalities and yeah he's corny a lot but in this instance I think he set the tone correctly.

• Lmao I just don't understand how him Painting the picture of a kid eating ice cream with their cousins is corny in anyway. Some of y'all just critique things for the sake of argument haha

• Neonep said:

I need less of this Pharrell and more of the Pharrell that made Numbers, Suicide, & Alright.

yes, more of that for a movie soundtrack that needs music similar to the music that was released around the time the movie is based on, the 60s. i hate when people stick to concepts, fuck that, a song like skepta - numbers would have been amazing for the heated nasa scene when the black women overcomes something that most likely climaxes ( spell check) the film

• If P kept making the same kind of beats or rapped about the same thing, most of y'all would be like "How come he keeps making the same shit?! This dude is stale." You guys have to put things in context. This is the same situation we went through with the Spongebob tracks. If it bugs y'all that much, make some beats good enough so there can be a forum about you.

• You guys really prefer Numbers and Suicide over this ?

I've always felt so alone not liking "Pharrell the rapper" on this forum lol

• my whole post was being sarcastic, typing out exactly what he was implying so yall can see how ridiculous it sounded in context.

although its not that ridiculous if he is genuinly a fan of the rap stuff, but for what these are being made for, its fucking selfish and crazy haha

• BabyMilo said:

my whole post was being sarcastic, typing out exactly what he was implying so yall can see how ridiculous it sounded in context.

although its not that ridiculous if he is genuinly a fan of the rap stuff, but for what these are being made for, its fucking selfish and crazy haha

Oh, I know sir, I was just speaking about some of the peeps that always have something negative to say. It's like people jump to say something negative before they really understand what's happening.

• Lol we're never just gonna enjoy new Neptunes music on here, are we?

• Also, I'm cracking up at the thought of hearing songs like Head Bussa throughout a movie based in the 60's.

• fuck the games and what y'all tombout, Skrung Owt playing in the background of the 3 women walking in slow-mo to a rocket taking off would be sick af lmao

• Staff

Spaceman said:

BabyMilo said:

my whole post was being sarcastic, typing out exactly what he was implying so yall can see how ridiculous it sounded in context.

Oh, I know sir, I was just speaking about some of the peeps that always have something negative to say. It's like people jump to say something negative before they really understand what's happening.

Only 3 or 4 guys (maybe less ?) who have something negative to say, it's nothing. And this just for attention.

• Omg you guys I never once said I want hip hop or rap on this sound track. I just said the writing is corny on this song.

Put your pitchforks away.

• matic_touch said:

fuck the games and what y'all tombout, Skrung Owt playing in the background of the 3 women walking in slow-mo to a rocket taking off would be sick af lmao

Lmfao.

• Lol. I'm not saying these songs aren't good or anything remotely close. I'm just saying I prefer that Pharrell and those records over this Pharrell and these types of records.

Looks like your connection to The Official ‘Hidden Figures’ Thread was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.