Frank Ocean - Blonde (2016)

• 1:41 on skyline is sooooooo good. wtf I'm floating on that man wow. pink + white is just a no brainer its just perfect those drums.. double timed. i can see pharrell smiling thru this man. its soo good

• I'm not sure what to think on first listen
    I did love that bit on Higgs (Endless) though where he's like "let's get it!" that was dope

• I'm disapointed, I expected so much more from Frank. It's not bad but it's not good either. 4 years of wait for this ?

• Staff

Just had my first full listen. Hmm there are times where this album borders on Parody. You can tell this a record by a man who is adjusting to fame and pressure - so it's interesting in that respect.

I love how beyonce randomly appears on Pink + White and only does a few subtle vocals. Nice touch

• definitely album of the year
    but it didn't meet my expectation
    wish it had more drums and little reverb and shit
    it feels too wet to me

• Admin

ive been listening to it the whole day and there is not one keeper besides PINK + WHITE 2/5 sorry, overrated as hell that album is not good at all

• Admin

album of the year my ass, weve been waiting for this crap the whole year boring as hell

• sunny bridges on there was so unexpected.

• and fucking bey too omg.

• Admin

channel orange cant even compare with blonde

• very interesting reading these, cause i enjoy this miles ahead of cO

• i think its a classic imo like i mean it just dropped like last night so idk if its too early but this is easily the best after nostalgic ultra.

• i hate that word tho tbh cause its thrown around too much but it has that potential (to me, in my opinion).

• Pink + White one of the best "new" pharrell beats

• Kinda reminds me of how Kendrick went from Good Kid to Butterfly.
    Both later albums are less bombastic, immediate and commercial but are more personal, better written, more progressive musically and ultimately deeper more beautiful works.
    Enjoying this a lot.

Frank can keep Nikes though.

• No its definitely more interesting than Channel Orange. I only kept Sweet life and golden girl on the first album. I still don't understand why he made that "bad religion" song... even though I'm not muslim, I found that song very disrespectful.

• KevinMorow said:

No its definitely more interesting than Channel Orange. I only kept Sweet life and golden girl on the first album. I still don't understand why he made that "bad religion" song... even though I'm not muslim, I found that song very disrespectful.

its about love more than religion, like i feel like he was comparing them but i dont wanna over analyze it cause that shit kills it.

• 3000 said:

Kinda reminds me of how Kendrick went from Good Kid to Butterfly.
    Both later albums are less bombastic, immediate and commercial but are more personal, better written, more progressive musically and ultimately deeper more beautiful works.
    Enjoying this a lot.

Frank can keep Nikes though.

that comparison is so accurate

• i dig the album.

• Staff

KevinMorow said:

No its definitely more interesting than Channel Orange. I only kept Sweet life and golden girl on the first album. I still don't understand why he made that "bad religion" song... even though I'm not muslim, I found that song very disrespectful.

I love "bad religion". Like others said, he's saying unrequited love is like a bad religion - being obsessed with making "him" love you (like a god). He's talking to a taxi driver as he's going through a break up. The driver is trying to console him by saying he should pray. Frank's implying that's the last thing he needs, since he's already in that "religious" situation.

I don't think it's too offensive

Looks like your connection to Frank Ocean - Blonde (2016) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.