The Neptunes Present Clones 13 Years Later

• It's been 13 years since Clones dropped, If, Rock N' Roll & Frontin are still my favourite songs. I also wish 'Sweet Lies' by Usher made it onto it.

• Love Sweet Lies but it makes me mad that it didn't fully turn out how it was supposed to.

• We need a sequel. I love when producers do albums, but clones was a underrated classic. Blows my mind was epic

• Maaan that whole era was legendary. Season 0 BBC, Star Trak in full effect, Fam and Roscoe dropping shit, Natasha Ramos and Vanessa Marquez fresh on the scene, Neptunes dropping hits left and right. Wish I could've been around to see it...

• THA FUCKING INTRO MAN! THAT F'ING INTRO IS SWEET PINKY JUICY MEATFULL PUSSY!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHHH

• fuck, i feel like 'my first time' was gonna be on it but i may be wrong

• SkateboardP.com said:

fuck, i feel like 'my first time' was gonna be on it but i may be wrong

what song is that? that trash with tyga? lol

• naw, my first time by beyonce

• Rafito said:

SkateboardP.com said:

fuck, i feel like 'my first time' was gonna be on it but i may be wrong

what song is that? that trash with tyga? lol

Tyga joint not even that bad tho

• big, big album. IF was the one (I remember hearing this the first time on Radio 1 on my way to collect my school exam results...), but frontin soundtracked a relationship I was going into at the time, and good girl when I thought I'd blown it with her lol.

It blows my mind, light your ass on fire are some of the strongest songs in the Neptunes catalog, but the whole project is classics. The supercat, nore and odb tracks perfectly soundtracked my summer vacation that year. & HOT on its own single handedly got me into producing music - first thing I ever made was a remix of this (which was terrible lol)

Always preferred the French version of where's yours at but Luda still did his thing. The P verse on cot damn remix was pinnacle of cool P at the time for me. I remember trying to cop similar polo shirts to emulate Chad Hugo on the inside album sleeve lol. And the dvd that came with the album was just life changing, how much I watched that damn. Yeah this album was pretty formative for me, did as much for me as ISO and probably more than IMM

• Blaze of Glory was that heat! The hook alone is tough.

• Staff

Clones was great... I loved the dub influence on the album. It really took me by surprise. I think I was heavy into Roots Manuva at the time and the break down on "Blaze Of Glory" really reminded me of him, plus the supercat track had this UK/Jamaican feel and I was suprised that The Nepunes even knew how to reference stuff like that. I think that's when I started to think "whoa they really know what's cool in every genre"

• Mavis said:

Clones was great... I loved the dub influence on the album. It really took me by surprise. I think I was heavy into Roots Manuva at the time and the break down on "Blaze Of Glory" really reminded me of him, plus the supercat track had this UK/Jamaican feel and I was suprised that The Nepunes even knew how to reference stuff like that. I think that's when I started to think "whoa they really know what's cool in every genre"

I totally missed the roots manuva influence oh shit i hear it now, Run Come Save Me is a classic.

• that album was cool. I feel kinda disappointed with it in the middle, but it was cool

• @superjdoug fuck I feel u on the remix part. I tried making a remix to 'what goes around comes around' by jt and it was so ass lmfao like off beat as fuck it was horrible, it was a learning experience though.

Looks like your connection to The Neptunes Present Clones 13 Years Later was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.