WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 5 NEPTUNES BRIDGES

• natetorebby said:

1. Best Friend (Even though that's all P)
    2. Everybody Nose
    3. I Don't Know
    4. Spaz
    5. Margarita (All P again)

Honorable mentions: Come Get It Bae, Smile, Every bridge on Justified, Anti Matter, Love Bomb, My Life, Infatuated, I Proceed, Go, Kitty Kat In Like 06 was p really doing all these beats in Juliet putting the Neptune's like I'm talking about the whole hell hath no fury like touch even thought that's 05 but idk I think it's not true

• superjdoug said:

Babyface - there she goes

Face 2 Face album is finally on Apple Music for those interested - been waiting to add these songs to some of my playlists...

Stressed out is type crazy he was like 42 when he did that album

2. Everybody Nose
    3. I Don't Know
    4. Spaz

Honorable mentions: Come Get It Bae, Smile, Every bridge on Justified, Anti Matter, Love Bomb, My Life, Infatuated, I Proceed, Go, Kitty Kat

Chad worked on Margarita -
    http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=8349804&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

• Andre said:

2. Everybody Nose
    3. I Don't Know
    4. Spaz

Honorable mentions: Come Get It Bae, Smile, Every bridge on Justified, Anti Matter, Love Bomb, My Life, Infatuated, I Proceed, Go, Kitty Kat

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=8349804&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID
    Everyone Thinks or Thought In Like 2006 Pharrell Did All Those Beats and just credit them as The Neptunes which I think is false

• Andre said:

2. Everybody Nose
    3. I Don't Know
    4. Spaz

Everyone Thinks or Thought In Like 2006 Pharrell Did All Those Beats and just credit them as The Neptunes which I think is false

yep, Chad worked on The Sweet Escape tracks, HHNF, 10 Lil' Crips, Vato , and other stuff from '06

• Staff

Margarita is from 2004 or something. It just came out late. Same with HHNF. "U Started It" (gwen) too.

There was 100% a time when Chad refused to work on tracks. He would just mix or do the bare minimum to assist Pharrell. Just as and when he felt like it. I think "The Neptunes" name was there because P was still trying to get input but HuGod wasn't doing much unless it was a major artist that interested him (Madonna, britney, snoop, gwen, clipse, Jay etc)

• BabyMilo730 said:

Andre said:

2. Everybody Nose
    3. I Don't Know
    4. Spaz

Everyone thinks or thought in like 06 pharrell did all those beats and just put neptunes

Yeah there's an interview I read I think they were talking about equipment and somebody asks who are they working with they said sleepy brown yeah from 2004

• Preservation
    I Don't Care Anymore
    Love Bomb

• Why was chad refusing? Just not interested?

Anyone notice the tension in the Othertone episode with Chad? I wanna know about Chad and Ps dynamic so bad

• Playahater said:

Anyone notice the tension in the Othertone episode with Chad? I wanna know about Chad and Ps dynamic so bad

it's like they secretly hate each other now lmao

• Why was chad refusing? Just not interested?

Yo! I was thinking about that the other day. Especially when they were talking about Frontin' and Chad was like, "Thanks for letting me be apart of that Pharrell!" But the way he said it made me think something was up. I don't know. We go through this every couple of years and then someone comes in and says that there's no beef and they're like brothers. But it makes me think...

• not sure how true but a few of mavis' posts in this thread really make some sense

http://talk.grindin.org/topic/841/does-star-trak-still-exist/48

• This post is deleted!

• Staff

BabyMilo730 said:

I'm not buying it they are brothers and I think why he said thanks pharrell for letting me be apart of that because it probably was just a pharrell beat idk man

"Probably was just a Pharrell beat" 👀

cedqjuse3q7ivlrqcv8c.png

• Chad - With 'Frontin', Pharrell came up with the chords. Then I changed the sound for the chord and added the bridge. Then Pharrell added the melody. After we record the vocals, we mute out parts of track to make the vocals stand out more.
    With 'It Blows My Mind', I came up with the main melody and Pharrell suggested that we needed a breakdown because it might get too repetitive. I used the Triton for the horns.

After Snoop laced the rhymes, I added a few sound effects and then Kelis recorded her vocals. The breathing sound you hear is actually my voice. lol. I added a flanger to the breathing sound and panned them out. When mixing the song, we also muted out some parts of the tracks. Since this song is about weed, we added the weird Minimoog Voyager melody at the end lol. For this song, we used a lot of delay.

When I work on a track I have a few switch modes in my head. After Pharrell comes up with something, I replay his phrase and add more sounds, then I switch to mixing engineering mode and start playing around with the sounds. The most important is to make the drums hit hard so you can feel with your whole body. Then finally, I switch to DJ mode and mute parts of the tracks when an important lyric is being said.

December 2003 issue of Sound & Recording
    http://www.accesshiphop.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-14252.html

• This post is deleted!

• Staff

"The most important is to make the drums hit hard so you can feel with your whole body."

That's the truth, that's reality, that's the real thing.

Looks like your connection to WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 5 NEPTUNES BRIDGES was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.