Do you really want a new N.E.R.D album?

• Guys, I'm a HUGE N.E.R.D fan. I got the brain logo in my arm. I am here almost everyday. I run a brazilian website dedicated to P.
    Don't get me wrong, but I don't know if I want a new album from them.
    Pharrell is changed. He is a new man. Older. Wiser. Polite. Pro-good-vibes. He don't curse anymore. Even THE LYRICS he sings differently in the live shows 'cause he don't wanna curse anymore.
    I was watching his performance @ 2015 Glastonbury and that was AWESOME. But the N.E.R.D part was terrible and disapointing. When I saw him on Lollapalooza I got the same feeling.
    I like the fact Pharrell is more mature and changed, cause I dont want my idol to be a piss of shit like Axl Rose. But N.E.R.D got that kid/school/teenage/wild/want-some-titties vibe that I don't think P can delivers anymore.
    What do you guys think? This new Pharrell can do an album that will sound cool/good for the N.E.R.D standards? "Nothing" was good, but we all can agree that was the band's less good project. And I think Pharrell is to blame.
    With that said, I'm a fraid the next N.E.R.D work can be boring and even worst on the live performances.
    I will be good with this new Pharrell doing only solo albums and a new Clones (lol).

• i feel like it'd be interesting, the DOPE soundtrack gives me hope, even though there are songs with instant grat cadence on there; 'its my turn now', 'cant bring me down'. 'dont get deleted' makes me feel like they could go in that same direction, like i feel like pharrell doesn't fuck with 'nothing' either so that album would be better than that was. im intrigued to see what he'll do.

• I think that what the kids could vibe to then and what the kids vibe to now is completely different. Off of stan Twitter I'm one of few people in my age group that even know Pharrell had a career before Happy. So I think that contributes to a lot of the thinking of "oh they can't pull that off again" or "he ain't like that no more"...I'm sure if he really wanted to he could pull out that 2002 shit again but is today's climate really ready for that? Is it necessary? I think if they're working on something it won't be like anything else. Probably won't hit mainstream. Probably won't be a lifechanger like ISO or Fly Or Die to the current generation like they prob were for a lot of y'all. And they definitely won't be using they old tricks. But I'm sure it'll be unique and revolutionary regardless... I mean shit its new N.E.R.D., they could record an hour of them breathing and I'd buy it tbh

Or maybe I'm just overthinking this shit lol

• needless to say i want another record.

• You bring up some good points but I still very much believe that P and The guys could make some amazing stuff. Pharrell has definitely matured since the days MOST OF US started stanning, I think it's time we just adjust and face the reality of another album either never happening or being something that's not exactly what we want but with a few sprinkles of that magic that we fell in Love with.

• yah, cause the last one was booty. my fave band/group aint going out like that

• I'm a firm believer that Nothing wasn't really a bad ALBUM, just a bad N.E.R.D. album...I feel like most can prolly agree with that...

Like even if we get something on that caliber I'd be at least kinda satisfied.

• Staff

If/When they do another album I want it to be a completely different genre to anything they've done before - like a real jazz album, or something electronic, or triphop. And maybe P should let Chad be in charge of finishing the albums again, like FoD and ISO. I think that might result in something more solid and interesting.

• fuck... imagine N.E.R.D trip hop, good god.

• Cool! reading your comments makes me feel better with a new album idea.
    It should be very different from their past work for sure. Thats why I pointed out this new P.
    Let's just hope for the best lol

• I kinda agree with you, I'm not sure I want a new album right now I think maybe they should wait a little longer but at the same time I know they can do another great album that could sound like the Mayer Hawthorne or Madden Brothers songs for example (just my opinion)...

As for the shows I know that last month when they did that new N.E.R.D section (the medley Run to The Sun/ Provider/ Bobby James and Anti Matter/ Everyone Nose) I remember that those N.E.R.D shows were something else. The energy was crazy compared to the GIRL songs/ Get Lucky etc that he performed after. Again that's only what I felt and it doesn't really answer the question because I also think (as someone said here before) that N.E.R.D touring now would probably be weird (at least in Europe).

• Mavis said:

If/When they do another album I want it to be a completely different genre to anything they've done before - like a real jazz album, or something electronic, or triphop. And maybe P should let Chad be in charge of finishing the albums again, like FoD and ISO. I think that might result in something more solid and interesting.

thats if chad wants to do it again
    I wouldnt mind a more mature, N.E.R.D album, something thats grounded lyrically but still crazy sonically but I can't help but feel like no matter what it is I'll compare it to the first three albums and for that..
    Ima have to say the nayno my brotha

• i still want it because the potential but I could see why someone wouldn't

• P still got the N.E.R.D in him.
    He has changed it's true, but he changed after FoD for the IMM era.
    The P rapping then was the complete opposite to the guy we loved with ISO but he still had it in him and tuned back into it for Seeing Sounds.
    He can do it again, he can go back there again.

• Staff

Btw have you guys noticed there's a new (but recorded 2004) NERD Live album on Apple Music !? 😱😱😱 when did that appear? Quality isn't great though

• Believe it or not, the SpongeBob sessions give me hope. Sandy Squirrel is awesome LOL. I felt like if they did have a new album, it would sound similar to that stuff.

• Btw have you guys noticed there's a new (but recorded 2004) NERD Live album on Apple Music !? 😱😱😱 when did that appear? Quality isn't great though

in like January i believe.

• fuck, i was just thinking... imagine an N.E.R.D record with dave grohl from foo fighters and nirvana on drums. like hard N.E.R.D with dave's drums would be in perfect harmony.. like we already 'doing the most' but p's voice would compliment dave's drum so fucking much.

• Staff

SkateboardP.com said:

fuck, i was just thinking... imagine an N.E.R.D record with dave grohl from foo fighters and nirvana on drums. like hard N.E.R.D with dave's drums would be in perfect harmony.. like we already 'doing the most' but p's voice would compliment dave's drum so fucking much.

Like that RdGldGrn song? I couldn't really tell the diff between Dave Grohl drumming or P. I wouldn't have known if I didn't see the credits

• SkateboardP.com said:

fuck, i was just thinking... imagine an N.E.R.D record with dave grohl from foo fighters and nirvana on drums. like hard N.E.R.D with dave's drums would be in perfect harmony.. like we already 'doing the most' but p's voice would compliment dave's drum so fucking much.

Like that RdGldGrn song? I couldn't really tell the diff between Dave Grohl drumming or P. I wouldn't have known if I didn't see the credits

yessir or like N.E.R.D x Foo Fighters or a foo fighters neptunes remix but i feel like im getting my hopes too high for those lmao.

• oh yea we do have the everlong remix that chad did..

Looks like your connection to Do you really want a new N.E.R.D album? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.