Secret Second ‘Earth’ That Could Be Home To ALIENS Will Be Exposed Tomorrow!

• Admin

227674884a757ffdcb9a4fa062354b03da092384.jpg
    Astronomers expected to announce discovery of potentially habitable planet orbiting nearby star. ASTRONOMERS are preparing to announce the discovery of a potentially habitable second Earth orbiting a nearby star, it has been claimed. Last month, sources leaked news that the European Southern Observatory (ESO) had spotted an alien world orbiting Proxima Centauri, our closest stellar neighbour. An anonymous source from the ESO told German publication Der Spiegel the discovery is the closest habitable planet to Earth, which means we could reach it within our lifetime.

But the astonishing finding was not officially announced, sparking furious speculation that the second Earth has deliberately been kept a secret. Now the ESO is set to finally reveal details of the planet at a press conference tomorrow and astronomers are also likely to discuss whether it has the potential to support life. “The still nameless planet is believed to be Earth-like and orbits at a distance to Proxima Centauri that could allow it to have liquid water on its surface — an important requirement for the emergence of life,” the source said.

“Never before have scientists discovered a second Earth that is so close by.” Since its launch in 2009, NASA’s planet finding Kepler Spacecraft has discovered more than 4000 exoplanet candidates. Of these, there have been 216 Earth-like located within the Goldilocks Zone — the region around a star in which the surface temperature of an orbiting planet might support water. The problem is that while most of these Earth-like planets are habitable, they are located thousands of light years away, which means they are out of our reach.Astronomers from the observatory had previously claimed to have found the then-closest exoplanet to Earth in 2012, although subsequent analysis cast doubt on its existence.

*https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1657498/secret-second-earth-that-could-be-home-to-aliens-will-be-exposed-tomorrow/

• oh shit, fuck.. this better be real, i wanna make contact with an alien so bad. hopefully this isnt like the 1000 times each year they say the world gonna end and get crushed by a meteor or some shit, i want a real life e.t

• oh shit, fuck.. this better be real, i wanna make contact with an alien so bad. hopefully this isnt like the 1000 times each year they say the world gonna end and get crushed by a meteor or some shit, i want a real life e.t

If you wanna meet aliens. Learn Astral Projection that is the scariest thing you can do with your body but also the realest thing at the same time.

Btw interesting news Mika!

• Why keep this a secret ? Also, It would probably take us more than 100 000 light years to get there anyways, even with this "starshot" tech, they say a small spaceship might take 20 years but also another 4 years for the information to get back to us...

The chances of us meeting other intelligent lifeforms in our lifetime are extremely low but you never know.

ps. cant wait until they launch this bad boy!

alt text

• stuff like this is soo interesting to me, there has to be other life out there man. thinking about if another species is out there and further developed than us is crazy and what they would look like, like is the 'humanoid' form the most suitable in terms of an evolved species so they could look similar to us?? when evidence comes eventually that'll mess with a lot of peoples beliefs and we can grow smarter hopefully haha

• Linking to thesun.uk? Dayum.

Anyway, this relates to the recently discovered planet orbiting our nearest neighbouring star, Proxima Centauri, and is just within the habitable zone.

Of course, this probably is the best candidate planet to visit, due to it's proximity to earth, being a mere 4.2 light years away. As for possibility of alien life, well, who knows. Hope so but doubt it as the planet is likley to be tidally locked (though there's still a chance, of course)

Edit: just to add, the reason they hold back on announcements like this is because they want to be absolute sure of their data.

• I dont wanna astral project cause i feel like im gonna go into paralysis or some shit.

• Linking to thesun.uk? Dayum.

Agreed the sun is generally known for being shite source material.

• Admin

http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso1629/

Direct link to the press conference. Agreed about the source and heading, its not a "secret second Earth", and nothing is being exposed. Fuck, I really dislike how everything has to have hyperbole these days, accuracy be damned.

• i never buy the sun but that page 5 though ooh...

• Admin

Looks like your connection to Secret Second ‘Earth’ That Could Be Home To ALIENS Will Be Exposed Tomorrow! was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.