People fake hate Cherry Bomb.

• enters full stan mode But I'm sorry. I feel like people fake hate on Cherry Bomb because other people simply don't like it, so they listen to the album for the first time with a mindset that it's going to be bad. And It's bullshit. Now if you genuinely don't like it that's fine, it's just not for you. The problem is the majority of people not liking it because of it's overall perception of it being "bad" or "trash", so it's socially acceptable to slander it without really listening to it. This is my 2nd favorite album ever, I know its flaws and it's bullshit how one or two reviews of how the reviewer(s) saw the album, manipulated people's minds. Like their opinion leeched to people and now people say dumb shit like "I didn't like Cherry Bomb because I couldn't hear him/it was mixed terribly" when in actuality it's about 2 songs purposely mixed bad. This album is nowhere near bad, the production was fucking flawless, vocal arrangements, string sections, theme of the album, what this nigga was preaching, how musical the album was, man it's so so much. 1st half of Smuckers is the greatest thing to ever happen in rap music, that chord progression is soooooooooooooooooo fucking OP along with that killer drum pattern and the "2-3-4" vocal sample, 11/10. Okaga is "Call Me" by Kali on crack, seriously T is too ahead of his time with that godly drum pattern, but people completely look over that, the combo of saw leads and strings and the "oh yeah" choir and Leon's vocals with him rapping on top WITH that ridiculous drum pattern? Too ahead of its time. Blow My Load outro on physical CD is top 5 T production bar none, it's so good and underappreciated. Yellow, Find Your Wings, Cherry Bomb outro (Firecracker), 2Seater, Hairblows, Quartz, Special, FY/Perfect, SMUCKERS, Okaga, Blow My Load and the physical outro, man there's no way this album is trash. It's like people don't listen to the music, they just look for "bars" and shit. Musically it's his best album and I hope he continues going further on his composer shit because it's so inspiring. I wanted CDQ of "Nobody Fucking With T" to be on the album sooooooo bad when it got announced hahaha oh man and I even made a remake of the Smuckers intro just so I can hear it in CDQ smh idk why T keeps the good shit to himself. Sorry, I had to rant a little. People can't think for themselves whatever.

• I mean... I feel you and everything but why do you even care about other peoples negative opinions about something that you like? You say people can't think for themselves but yet you wrote a wall of text based on someone else's opinion... ?

• what is this... So if someone doesn't agree with you they cant think for themselves?

• I suppose my first thought would be who are you to really determine whether people 'genuinely' dislike it or whether they're being 'influenced'? For the record I like the album (and bought a physical copy), but even for me some of the distortion was too much in a couple of places, I don't think that's something you need to read a review to form a view on (I didn't)

Secondly, if you like this album as much as you say, and if people do 'fake hate' then you'll know that in your view they're missing out and that you're in a special position of 'getting' this album. Just enjoy that for what it is and don't let concerns about what other people think detract from it. It's great you're so passionate about it, but finding special albums unique to you is a gift that shouldn't be ruined by overthinking

• Staff

Which people are you talking about?

• Even though you said this:

natetorebby said:

enters full stan mode

I still was not ready for this:

natetorebby said:

1st half of Smuckers is the greatest thing to ever happen in rap music

Holy shiiiiiiiiiit!

• I mean... I feel you and everything but why do you even care about other peoples negative opinions about something that you like? You say people can't think for themselves but yet you wrote a wall of text based on someone else's opinion... ?

Because it's not a genuine dislike for the album. It's people basing their opinions based on other people's opinions rather than formulating their own. It's annoying. Kinda like how people Jay-Z is the greatest rapper of all time because most people think he's the greatest but if you ask them "What's your favorite song(s) from Vol. 1?" They wouldn't be able to answer because they barely know anything about that album. They only know RD and Blueprint and Black Album. I say this because I real life met people that do this. How can you think someone is the greatest rapper with limited knowledge on their discography? You can't, because if most people think one thing, it's easy to easily agree and go along with it. You get what I'm saying? Maybe that was a bad example, okay Kanye. We can agree it's popular to hate on Kanye right? Like how the media labels him and shit. Now there's people that genuinely hate Kanye, their own opinions with reasoning which I'm not mad at, then there's everybody else that hate him because of media's perception or of the fact that it's popular to hate him. They fake hate Ye. You get me? It's the same with Cherry Bomb.

• Which people are you talking about?

General hip-hop audience and causal fans

• superjdoug said:

I suppose my first thought would be who are you to really determine whether people 'genuinely' dislike it or whether they're being 'influenced'? For the record I like the album (and bought a physical copy), but even for me some of the distortion was too much in a couple of places, I don't think that's something you need to read a review to form a view on (I didn't)

Secondly, if you like this album as much as you say, and if people do 'fake hate' then you'll know that in your view they're missing out and that you're in a special position of 'getting' this album. Just enjoy that for what it is and don't let concerns about what other people think detract from it. It's great you're so passionate about it, but finding special albums unique to you is a gift that shouldn't be ruined by overthinking

It's the same "I can't hear anything he's saying" excuse like everybody can't honestly think the WHOLE album was unlistenable, and you're right, it's just annoying man.

• Can't someone argue the exact opposite?

Can't somebody say that the album is garbage and that you fake love it ? Because you're a Tyler fan, one can argue that you forced yourself to like it.

My point is that music is SUBJECTIVE. I fucking despised G I R L (except Gush) but there's people on this forum that think it's amazing. Same goes for Cherry Bomb. Shit that gives you goosebumps and wet boxers does nothing to the next person.

Bruh I don't know how old you are - but judging from your post it's safe to say youre probably in your late teens - because when I was that age I also thought that my opinion should be the universal opinion. And I'd throw little hissy fits when people would disagree.

Don't worry man your mindset will change with age - I advise you look back on this post in a couple of years and cringe to yourself - you know, for humility.

• Playahater said:

Can't someone argue the exact opposite?

Can't somebody say that the album is garbage and that you fake love it ? Because you're a Tyler fan, one can argue that you forced yourself to like it.

My point is that music is SUBJECTIVE. I fucking despised G I R L (except Gush) but there's people on this forum that think it's amazing. Same goes for Cherry Bomb. Shit that gives you goosebumps and wet boxers does nothing to the next person.

Bruh I don't know how old you are - but judging from your post it's safe to say youre probably in your late teens - because when I was that age I also thought that my opinion should be the universal opinion. And I'd throw little hissy fits when people would disagree.

Don't worry man your mindset will change with age - I advise you look back on this post in a couple of years and cringe to yourself - you know, for humility.

You don't get what I'm saying.

• @natetorebby I think @Playahater answered it perfectly. Opinions are just opinions, this is gonna sound super hipster but we were here long before you, If most of us here listened to what alot of people said about the Neptunes and N.E.R.D before it became the "cool" thing to be a stan of that stuff we wouldn't even be here.

• whoooooo cares. like what you like shawty.

• alt text

• natetorebby said:
    People can't think for themselves whatever.

Yet you made a whole paragraph on it.

• yes, niggas love to hate but they don't have to like every album an artist makes or feel as deeply about a record as you bro. you just gotta let people be. they will 'fake hate' either way, sometimes its only a short period though and it doesn't mean they aren't thinking for themselves.

im a fucking stan too for outkast & n.e.r.d and star trak in general, niggas on here hate on IMM, i love that shit but im not gonna make a whole fucking essay based on opinions. i had someone tell me idlewild was fucking trash (that's my favourite kast lp) but they will think whatever, no way of changing it

• and generally speaking, the 'hip hop community', some of em aren't into singing and pretty bridges and when u talk about money and cars, it's 'acting pretentious' and shit, that's just how it goes.

• It would've been OK if it was mixed properly

There are some pretty strong tracks on there and some really shit tracks too

Looks like your connection to People fake hate Cherry Bomb. was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.