Nintendo Switch

• I only found out about this shit today but I'm hyped, does anyone know anything else on this? Supposed to be dropping in March 2017 but that's all I'm really aware of.

Nintendo NX release date, news and rumors

• Nobody really knows anything concrete about it. Nintendo has been silent. It's all been leaks and rumors.

• Admin

Supposedly it's also a portable. All I know is that new Zelda is hype city.

• New Zelda is all i'm really hyped for tbh, maybe Super Smash Bros NX would be cool (even though we've had multiple versions of that game) or MarioKart NX.

• if it is a portable, that'd be so sick omg. I still haven't copped the Wii U yet but I've played it at a friend's house and its awesome.

• Staff

Is this like what dreamcast did a while back?

• Mavis said:

Is this like what dreamcast did a while back?

you mean like with the screen on the controller? wii u could be considered that tbh.

• Admin

Nah, that was the VMU - Visual Memory Unit. It was a monochrome screen that would let you load little extension of games on it.

Dreamcast-VMU.jpg

• Yeah not much info has been released, but like others have stated it's going to somehow be portable.

• Mari said:

Nah, that was the VMU - Visual Memory Unit. It was a monochrome screen that would let you load little extension of games on it.

Dreamcast-VMU.jpg

oh my bad then.

• Mario Kart and Smash about to be 3 flames with the graphical update.

• If Zelda: Breath of the Wild will really be running on a portable then my life is over, game looks incredible.

• That's pretty much the same size as the wii-u remote. That thing is too damn huge and clunky to be as portable as they think it is.

• if you come to my rooftop party talbout "hey guys check this out" and hand me that tiny ass controller and forcing me to look at that little ass screen I'm kicking you the fuck out and never speaking to you again

other than that, looks cool. idk if it'll do better than the wii-u

• I do not understand why anyone is hyped, we have seen nothing from this really, and Nintendo has been meh since Gamecube, as the Wii and Wii U fell way short of everyones expectations. I see the same thing happening with this console. Perhaps if they open themselves up to more developers instead of churning out 15 Mario games a year we can actually see a lot of game on this, and also Nintendo should finally open themselves up to the online community, another reason why the past 2 consoles have fell way behind its competitors. They have a lot to prove IMO. Till then its eh.

• Wii U was the only disappointment of an Nintendo home console honestly. Switch seems like an upgraded Wii U, but I'm not quick to hate on it, let's see where this goes.

• Admin

imleeroygreen said:

I do not understand why anyone is hyped, we have seen nothing from this really, and Nintendo has been meh since Gamecube, as the Wii and Wii U fell way short of everyones expectations. I see the same thing happening with this console. Perhaps if they open themselves up to more developers instead of churning out 15 Mario games a year we can actually see a lot of game on this, and also Nintendo should finally open themselves up to the online community, another reason why the past 2 consoles have fell way behind its competitors. They have a lot to prove IMO. Till then its eh.

Wii didn't fall short at all, it essentially was money printer for Nintendo and brought motion control to the mainstream. Yeah, the Wii U was a disaster, mainly due to lack of dev support.

Developers are already responding to the Switch with massive praise, especially about how easy it is to develop for. I personally see the Switch being massively supported and actually pretty huge in term of game library. New Zelda, Metroid, Smash, Starfox, etc.

Nintendo has an online for a while bro, friend codes and the Mii Verse thing, there's actually some neat little quirks to it. Could be user friendly though.

Ultimately I'm interesting in seeing how the Switch turns out, but as always PC > Consololol.
    Peace

• imleeroygreen said:

I do not understand why anyone is hyped, we have seen nothing from this really, and Nintendo has been meh since Gamecube, as the Wii and Wii U fell way short of everyones expectations. I see the same thing happening with this console. Perhaps if they open themselves up to more developers instead of churning out 15 Mario games a year we can actually see a lot of game on this, and also Nintendo should finally open themselves up to the online community, another reason why the past 2 consoles have fell way behind its competitors. They have a lot to prove IMO. Till then its eh.

Wii didn't fall short at all, it essentially was money printer for Nintendo and brought motion control to the mainstream. Yeah, the Wii U was a disaster, mainly due to lack of dev support.

Developers are already responding to the Switch with massive praise, especially about how easy it is to develop for. I personally see the Switch being massively supported and actually pretty huge in term of game library. New Zelda, Metroid, Smash, Starfox, etc.

Nintendo has an online for a while bro, friend codes and the Mii Verse thing, there's actually some neat little quirks to it. Could be user friendly though.

Ultimately I'm interesting in seeing how the Switch turns out, but as always PC > Consololol.
    Peace

Yes the Wii did fine but its predecessor failed.

Developers can respond a lot but ultimately its up to Nintendo to actually use them, and IDK if they will use the full potential of that praise.

I never said they didnt have online, I said open themselves up to the online community the same way PSN and Xbox Live are, the whole friends code thing is a mess I feel, when a simple Invite works faster and its not like there was a whole array of video games on the Nintendo consoles with online support. They need work in that area.

Looks like your connection to Nintendo Switch was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.