ODB - Nigga Please's 17th Anniversary

• Ol Dirty Bastard - Nigga Please (1999)

alt text

My late aunt's favourite song was 'Got Your Money' which is crazy, Kelis wanted that beat for Kaleidoscope too but the record was already finished by the time it dropped.

Cold Blooded is so freaking funny to me haha, I wanna know what P & Chad's reactions were when this nigga came in singing Rick James like practically and probably drunk.

RIP ODB though, Recognise is so great too. Even the non Neptunes records are dope (well duh cause it's fucking ODB)

I have never heard a beat like I Can't Wait in my life and Rollin Wit You is so good.

• Pop shit is fuckin sick too! I wish they made more songs together.

• Staff

I love that album and the neptunes songs on it. Everything sounds so dirty and raw. Reminds me of getting high after school on a Friday night, playing GTA with that album on loop. (I didn't get into it until 2002)

There's this interview w/ the neptunes and the beastie boys where Chad mentions working with ODB. He was saying he was unpredictable. He'd would suddenly walk in, talk shit over the song and walk back out.

• that chris rock intro
    cold blooded, this joint had some jams

RIP ODB

• Mavis said:

I love that album and the neptunes songs on it. Everything sounds so dirty and raw. Reminds me of getting high after school on a Friday night, playing GTA with that album on loop. (I didn't get into it until 2002)

There's this interview w/ the neptunes and the beastie boys where Chad mentions working with ODB. He was saying he was unpredictable. He'd would suddenly walk in, talk shit over the song and walk back out.

You should hear the story of how they got ODB on the remix to Fantasy by Mariah Carey.
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7272606/mariah-carey-songs-collaborations-history-stories

• Fuck, I'm old.

• KevinMorow said:

Pop shit is fuckin sick too! I wish they made more songs together. Dude u ever saw the video with p Chad and odb in the studio recording pop shit and p told to say guess who's home that when I realized p was a genuis

• @BabyMilo730 I actually did! yeah you right you can tell Pharrell is a producer as he leads the way, advises the artist not like the other beatmakers who deliver the beat and that's it and I think that's why he gets so much respect in the business.

• KevinMorow said:

@BabyMilo730 I actually did! yeah you right you can tell Pharrell is a producer as he leads the way, advises the artist not like the other beatmakers who deliver the beat and that's it and I think that's why he gets so much respect in the business.

I Agree

• That time I used to buy a lot of CD's, and I was always checking out, who wrote the lyrics, and who was the producer, and I remember that I found these 3 Neptunes' song as the best of the whole album, although in 1999 I had no idea who Neptunes were (found that out two years later).

• For the longest time Recognize was the only joint I had heard from this and I remember how shocked I was when I found out it was from '99. RIP ODB man...

Looks like your connection to ODB - Nigga Please's 17th Anniversary was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.