Pusha T - Daytona (2018)

• I had a lot of fun with these!

1. Daytona
    2. Keep the Same Energy
    3. Kids See Ghosts
    4. ye
    5. NASIR

Feels like a looooong while since I heard great, good or even competent rapping on Kanye production (Pablo still trash) so Daytona in particular felt like a treat.
    I love the brevity of the projects too, album’s are way too long these days and have so much (artificial) hype that I’m bored of them before they’ve even dropped.
    The consistency was awesome; 7 tracks, 7 days later bam another 7 tracks, another 7 days bam another 7 tracks....
    Hopefully this encourages more artists to drop in a similar fashion and forego the outdated ‘album’ concept.

Still not fucking with Kanye on a personal level but can’t deny him on a musical one.

• I don't know when but somehow downloading music illegally started to be nearly impossible for me...
    For some reason I also didn't start using streaming services (only bandcamp to discover new music and to later buy physical CDs) so I'm missing out on these bigger releases...

Can someone help find a way to download music illegally again or tell me what streaming service I should start using?

• @FlowHightide said in Pusha T's 'Daytona' Thread !!:

Can someone help find a way to download music illegally again or tell me what streaming service I should start using?

Is you a cop? : / lol

• @FlowHightide music is so easily accessible nowadays, that downloading illegally doesn't make sense. Rightfully so, because now we can support artists we like, and still easily listen to their entire catalogue.

personally I've always used Apple Music - first month is free, and then 9.99/month after that (Canadian dollars). Unlimited access to all the music you ever need.

A lot of artists (including Pharrell) have relationships with Apple Music so you'll hear their stuff on Apple first before it gets on Spotify.
    I was able to hear that Drake album last nigh a few hours before people that have Spotify.

Price-wise most streaming services are the same (around $10/month) with the exception of Tidal - which is 19.99/month. Tidal boasts a higher quality - but in my opinion it's indistinguishable to most ears. However you do get to hear Jay and Beyonce (and their affiliates) albums sometimes a day or two before the rest of the services. Eg. The Carters - Everything is Love came out on Tidal a couple days before Apple Music/Spotify.

• @Playahater I might try apple music.

Thing is I collected all this music over the years, made some different music folders depending on my mood. I can't just fully switch to a streaming service also because some of the music I own isn't on there I think. When I'm not on my computer, I'll always be playing music from my CD's. Thats also part why I never felt bad for downloading most of the stuff illegally first.

• @FlowHightide Apple Music/iTunes amalgamated my Apple Music and preexisting music. When I open up the music app on my iphone it shows me a seamless combination of my Apple Music “downloads” and my illegal downloads from the past 10 or so years. All my playlists from back in the day are still there. It shouldn’t fuck anything up

• @Playahater yeah this. With an existing iTunes library Apple Music is definitely the best option. Well worth the subscription fee in terms of how much I use it (I have family plan too so it works out cheaper per head)

• Damn that sounds good! Just seen there's a three month trial atm!! Thanks for the tips

• @FlowHightide said in Pusha T's 'Daytona' Thread !!:

@Playahater I might try apple music.

Thing is I collected all this music over the years, made some different music folders depending on my mood. I can't just fully switch to a streaming service also because some of the music I own isn't on there I think. When I'm not on my computer, I'll always be playing music from my CD's. Thats also part why I never felt bad for downloading most of the stuff illegally first.

i used google play for that very reason. you can upload and stream your personal library and playlists are also migrated over as well as stream from stations based on your mood, or artist. and if you pay for it (im on a 3 month trail right now) you get to stream albums you dont have uploaded.

• Staff

@VandG said in Pusha T's 'Daytona' Thread !!:

@FlowHightide said in Pusha T's 'Daytona' Thread !!:

@Playahater I might try apple music.

i used google play for that very reason. you can upload and stream your personal library and playlists are also migrated over as well as stream from stations based on your mood, or artist. and if you pay for it (im on a 3 month trail right now) you get to stream albums you dont have uploaded.

Same as Apple Music

• Admin

• @Mika lmao i hate this dude sooo fucking much

• Watching that video made me sympathize with Drake regarding this situation.

Kanye West is a mentally/emotionally unstable snake - and it seems like Drake fell into his trap. I think Drake came out the winner tho. Unscathed despite not sinking to the level of Adidon.

Drake is touring, dropping verse after verse, getting a billion streams and Kanye is in Washington tossing Donald Trump’s nasty ass salad. 🤢

• Awww don’t do that, you cant diss somebody and be mentioning loved ones and all that, then be tight cause they took it further than you were ready to. He’s into battle raps too, he should already know what kind of time Pusha is on

• Staff

loooool Drake is a bitch. Didn’t he mention Pusha’s wife? He’s a cry baby

• This is really lame on his part. Didn’t he talk about Kid Cudi’s mental health before in a diss? And I remember when Pusha’s dissed dropped that all the Drake stans were saying that the baby was already common knowledge. He’s just playing victim. Must not have studied a lot of beefs, nothing’s off limits. He just wasn’t ready.

• https://open.spotify.com/episode/4UnJb5h5uT55aqDWCPxw7k?si=wch-zjW6Qxi1ljfpVwrISw
    I haven't listened to the whole thing but apparently push said alota shit on everything here

• This post is deleted!

• Hopefully this is the end of this story arc, but can see why Pusha did this interview with regard to Drake switching the narrative and wanting to set things straight again, I get it

p.s. People always talk about P not ageing, Pusha on a whole different level

• @superjdoug I could listen to Push talk for hours man. He has such a way with words.

Looks like your connection to Pusha T - Daytona (2018) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.