Pusha T - Daytona (2018)

• Kids See Ghosts
    Daytona
    KTSE
    Ye
    Nasir

• Staff

@Playahater f what the general population says. It Seems like everyone here has their own ranking and that’s cool.

• ya’ll a bunch of rankers!

• Daytona
    Ktse
    Kids see ghosts
    Nasir
    Ye

• @Playahater said in Pusha T's 'Daytona' Thread !!:

This forum is so anti it do not matter.

I think the general consensus across the internet is that Nasir was trash. Surprised to see a lot of people ranking it as 1st on here

I have it as one of his best albums next to Stillmatic. That and Nasir are his only albums where I thoroughly enjoyed the production. Otherwise, the production on most his albums have been mediocre to trash.

• i can't really rank the albums right now but i like daytona, ktse and kids see ghost most

• Ye's album really grew on me after a few listens. I grew to love it. I have listened to half of KSG and haven't touched Daytona or KTSE yet, smh.

I only like Bonjour like A LOT A LOT on Nasir, it's pretty cool. That slick rick sampled joint is horrendous to me, personally.

• @matic_touch said in Pusha T's 'Daytona' Thread !!:

I only like Bonjour like A LOT A LOT on Nasir, it's pretty cool. That slick rick sampled joint is horrendous to me, personally.

Oh nah, Cops Shot The Kid is the best on that record IMO. I agree with you about Bonjour and Simple Things is WAY up there for me.

• @matic_touch If you aren't a fan of that slick Rick joint, brace yourself for wtp on teyana's album...

• I think cop shot the kid is one of the best on the album, and as far as wtp goes, that shit drove me to insanity

• NASIR IS FUCKING TRASH ( except bonjour and cops shot)

that teyana album is like a female weekend. its one note and tone sang all the way through and its not about shit.

ye is fucking amazing i love it

daytona is fire

ksg is cool

• Staff

@BabyMilo I love Nasir! Cops Shot The Kid is the stand out. I love “Everything” and the first track too with the Gregorian chants. Some of Nas’s lyrics were questionable (especially the anti-vaccine stuff) but it’s def my fav out of this run.

Ye was cool, “All mine” is probably the best song out of all these mini albums (just my opinion). But overall for some reason the album felt old quickly.

Teyana’s album was unlistenable to me. Daytona was boring. Kids was like a novelty album.

• Daytona was the most "complete" out of all of the albums.
    KTSE feels like a bunch of interludes and maybe one or two complete thoughts like Rose in Harlem. The sequencing also makes the album a bore to listen to.
    KSG is alright but you have to be a hardcore Cudi fan to really appreciate what's in there.
    YE...too many cooks but it's the 2nd best out of the Wyoming sessions.
    NASIR has a few standouts for me like Not For Radio, Bonjour but then you get in to things like "everything" and you see how Nas really does not have the reins on his own project.

• @Hunter Simple Things is cool track to & Everything -- Idk, I can't wrap my head around Cops Shot the Kid, lol. Bonjour is definitely gold, though.

• on Nasir, only like Bonjour, Simple things and Everything

on Ye, his incoherent bars throughout the project really takes me out of the zone that EVERY album by him usual puts me in

on KSG, I find it interesting how Kanye sounds more like himself here than on Ye

on Daytona, could've done without Infared however this is a flawless project. Pusha sounds refreshed. Now I'm really dying to hear what he got in that neptune folder. Switch It Up was fire

on KTSE, Rose in Harlem is dope don't really fuck with anything else. Also why do most of the songs feel like they were cut short? left me feeling like the ending of infinity wars

• 5 classics, classic month. My ranking:

• Daytona = KSG (both phenomenal)
    • Ye (would be no. 1 if factoring the energy around the rollout and listening party)
    • Nasir (a classic in its own right)
    • KTSE (has had shorter to grow on me but could move up the rankings with the updates being added this week)

This run, has really solidified Kanye as my favourite artist OAT. plus news of potential further 7 track albums plus the whole 52 records in 52 weeks possible idea... 😮

• Listened to Daytona in the whip at night time a couple days ago and maaan it gets better with every listen. It feels and sounds so cinematic to me. Pusha's bars really set the scene for a film.

• I don’t understand how a forum of people obsessed with production are rating Teyannas album so low. That album is literally side by side with Daytona for me as the best releases. Kanye’s chop game on teyannas album is literally on another level it’s so good.

• @Jesse said in Pusha T's 'Daytona' Thread !!:

I don’t understand how a forum of people obsessed with production are rating Teyannas album so low. That album is literally side by side with Daytona for me as the best releases. Kanye’s chop game on teyannas album is literally on another level it’s so good.

Couldn't of said it any better bro....like I really thought the album was amazing with the blend of Kanye's production and her vocals, and while I don't expect everybody to enjoy the album as much as I did, the fact that almost no one here has had anything good to say about KTSE is crazy....

There are at least 5 good songs on the album, and I can arguable say that this is a no-skip classic album but WTP is not my thing (yet it's the most streamed song on the entire project so wtf do I know?)

I've seen words like "boring" and "shit" used to describe her project, and most of the rankings has had her very low or not on it at all in some cases...It just makes me realize although we share the same love for all things Pharrell and Chad (though a few of you have some strange obsession with Chad 😄)..we either have a very different taste in music or we're just dead set in our ways and won't allow room for growth, all I know is that I'm starting to wonder what drug(s) some of y'all are on!

• @darrenlaking gonna love me (TTs voice on this is so sublime), rose in Harlem, issues/hold on are all top 10 beats from the 5 weeks. I just find I can sort of skip on 3Way (and possibly Hurry) whilst the other albums I can literally do start to finish without any inclination to skip at all. I wish they’d added I got love as well tbh, hope they do in the refresh.

Looks like your connection to Pusha T - Daytona (2018) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.