Favourite Tribe Songs / Memories From Tribe

• Since we're days away from Tribe's new album, what's everyone's favourite Tribe song/album and does anyone else have like memories with their music?

My favourite song by them (OF ALL TIME, RIP Phife) is Butter and Midnight Marauders/Low End Theory - I cant pick. I also remember being on a long car journey from my old house to my dad's old girlfriend's house when I was like 11-12 listening to Butter & Bonita on repeat, watching old Yo! MTV Raps footage with them in it etc, finding albums in the back of my parents car - thinking that they were a neo-soul group etc and finding random words and looking up what they meant and using them in English class ha like 'convey' and wanting to join the Zulu Nation lmao.

• "We got the jazz, we got the jazz."

• Staff

As far as I can remember, I was playing super Nintendo with my cousins same age as me at their home or at my grand parents home while older cousins (teenagers at that time, in the 90's) playing Tribe music over the week end. I don't know, my favorite would be "Scenario" and "Description of a fool". Guys, I was happy in the 90's, if you knew. Oh and I also remember Q-Tip on "Got 'til it's gone" or "Groove is in the heart" of course.

• @K-Otik them two joints gone til it gone and groove in the heart was classics... The the Dilla remix of gone til it's gone was the shit

• Pharrell tweeted me a few years ago saying Bonita Applebum changed his life so I was like "shiiit I gotta go check this entire album out now".

Didn't regret it. Didn't really think hip hop could be artistic before because the extent of my knowledge of it at that point was like... NWA, Snoop, etc. So the People's Instinctive Travels album really opened my eyes. Def made me appreciate the art form. Now QTip is no doubt one of my heros and I'm infinitely excited for this album.

• @K-Otik said in Favourite Tribe Songs / Memories From Tribe:

As far as I can remember, I was playing super Nintendo with my cousins same age as me at their home or at my grand parents home while older cousins (teenagers at that time, in the 90's) playing Tribe music over the week end. I don't know, my favorite would be "Scenario" and "Description of a fool". Guys, I was happy in the 90's, if you knew. Oh and I also remember Q-Tip on "Got 'til it's gone" or "Groove is in the heart" of course.

I gotta check out the Dilla remix, I feel like i've heard it before. also Velvet Rope is godly, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis snapped on that omg.

• I spent days tryna learn the Busta Rhymes verse on Scenario haha, it was on this game called Def Jam Rapstar I got for my 10th birthday.

• My dad always used to talk about Tribe when I was a kid but it would go in one ear and right out the other until I really started getting into music and started looking for new music like everyday when I was in the 10th grade. I looked up Tribe and was amazed! I remember the first time I heard "Footprints" off their 1st album I was just taken back like wtffffff. Everything they put out was just magic and amazing to me. Midnight Marauders is by far my favorite album from them. And Find My Way is such a classic. Very excited for this new record!

• I remember in 7th grade (06-07) giving my friend a memory stick full of hip hop that was pretty modern at the time and he gave it back to me with all this older stuff like biggie, tribe, big l, etc. instantly fell in love with all of it but especially tribe. i just loved the jazzy and soulful loops they'd rap over. pretty sure i know all the words to scenario at this point lol. the buggin out part of the video is still one of my favorite music videos. the eye thing is just really cool to me.

• @SkateboardP.com fav tribe moment was the first time i heard "Find A Way" I was like 10 and my dad was playing the music video anthology. I had heard Tribe b4 and scenario was my shitttttttt but i distinctly remember this song fucking me up when i heard it the first time

fac

• @toshio-maeda my fav tribe album is people's instinctive travels. i hate that it didnt have allot of phife, but every fucking beat on there is groove affffff. plus q tip just commanded every song so easily. its not their best 4 sure but it stands out as the most original "Tribe" experience to me

• @toshio-maeda said in Favourite Tribe Songs / Memories From Tribe:

@toshio-maeda my fav tribe album is people's instinctive travels. i hate that it didnt have allot of phife, but every fucking beat on there is groove affffff. plus q tip just commanded every song so easily. its not their best 4 sure but it stands out as the most original "Tribe" experience to me

Its definitely the Tribiest Tribe album if that makes sense

Looks like your connection to Favourite Tribe Songs / Memories From Tribe was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.