What Was Your Reaction When You First Heard "I Know" By Jay and P?

• What was your reaction when you first heard Jay Z & Pharrell's "I Know"?

And where were you?

Im just so curious. Normally I always remember the moment when I hear a Neptunes song for the first time.

In regards to this particular song I remember that I was at the internetcafe and I WAS SO BLOWN AWAY. The beat and hook INSTANTLY got me. This wasnt even a grower it was just immediately a hit to me. I wish P released more songs like this. Percussion with those weird synths and an addictive easy to remember hook. Gosh..

• I jacked off to it on repeat for about 32 hours straight. I actually damaged my suspensory ligament.

• @Skletch said in What Was Your Reaction When You First Heard "I Know" By Jay and P?:

I jacked off to it on repeat for about 32 hours straight. I actually damaged my suspensory ligament.

Hahahahah

• underrated track. although I always felt that it didn't fit 'American Gangster' overall sound

• Bro that song was for the FANS.

I remember 2007 was plagued with shit like Yung Joc and songs that didn't make the cut on albums. And then Blue Magic which was aright but was still missing that Neptunes flare...

And then I Know dropped and I was like 😦😦😦😦😯😦. "She want that old shit back...she want them heroin tracks"

So fitting.

I was just listening to that song in my car the other day. Took me back to Fall 07

• I remember American Gangster dropped, And after school I downloaded it using Limewire and played that track nonstop

• Jay always exactly understands the directions which p's goin for

• Instantly fell in love with it. The production is so lush
    giphy.gif

• Ooooh I was cringing! Still feels the same whenever I hear the song!

• its a top 10 neptunes beat for sure, for sure, yeah for sure it is

• Did the producer when the beat is nasty face

• Classic hov and Neptune collab, the only song is put above it would be allure

• I was high as hell when I first heard this, same with just about everything during that time, and I damn near cried.

• it was after school,
    got home, saw it on the forum d/l'd it and listened to it non stop
    instantly loved it, its one of those pharrell tracks that made me listen differently

• I was at my uncle's house watching BET in the morning (when they would randomly show music videos) and I Know came on and I was so blown away by the production. I was 11 at the time and didn't know about N.E.R.D until a few months later. I knew about Pharrell but I had no clue he produced it until years later. Till this day, it's a top 5 Neptunes instrumental for me. It's so ahead of its time.

• Staff

When the snippet came out "whoa!!". When the full thing leaked "oh".

Looks like your connection to What Was Your Reaction When You First Heard "I Know" By Jay and P? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.