Pharrell on the Breakfast Club. Talks about where Chad is

• Fuck I love Charlamagne. FINALLLY after 10 years someone asked where the fuck Chad is at.

Answer is pretty vague but it's probably the most detail we've gotten on the subject. And it's confirmed now. CHAd did NOT work on BLurred Lines and Happy. Talks about it at around the 28:00 mark

• Cuz of the forums layout I doubt this post even got seen. So consider this a bump

• Had no idea about the EMI thing. I always wondered why P got his Teddy connection and we never got anything from that time period other than a few random B-side remix verses and writing credits...from what I can tell EMI America essentially went out of business in 1992 so P really had to wait a while to get his due. Wonder what he was doing all that time aside from making music.

• The EMI deal was after Teddy...sometime in the mid 90's, Pharrell and Chad got a deal to do a compilation album with EMI...That's what Pharrell was talking about on OTHERtone with Snoop Dogg...the song for Charlie Wilson, and some of Tammy Lucas work was supposed to be on that album, the label folded into Virgin Records in 1997...

• This interview was terrible. Everything is fuckin awkward to him.

• loved the childish gambino cosign

• I knowwww...a lot of the comments on YouTube pointed out that P is one of the worst and least interesting guests that have been on the Breakfast Club because he doesn't talk about anything. Just "wow" "thank you" "crazy" and "awkward".

• Its cool to see that P can talk politics. And I liked to know that he was mad at Trump's victory (looks at kanye smh).
    But this interview, besides with the Hot97 one is so boooring.
    The only part that I liked was the Gambino shout out.

• Charlemagne's Schtick to be rude and shit is so annoying dude purposely tries to be obnoxious all of the time, I understand that's why he makes money but this is why a lot of artists avoid doing that show

• @Pushamalicious-T Actually the only artist I can think of right now that hasn't been there for one reason or another is Drake. Damn near everybody has been up there. Pharrell, Swizz, Kanye, Big Boi, Jay-Z, Beanie Sigel, Snoop, Jeezy, Usher, Kelis, Diddy, Rick Ross, Sean Paul, T.I., Vince Staples, Common, N.O.R.E., Anderson .Paak, Consequence, DMX, Pusha.... the list goes on.

• Charlamagne is the epitome of a good interviewer. He has no filter. He asks what he wants to ask and a lot of the times singers or rappers get mad at it because they're so used to answering easy ass ass kissing questions.

The way he embarassed Beanie Sigel a couple of months back was amazing to me.

• @Playahater I mean, definitely from an entertainment point of view I completely agree, he's pretty much the entire reason that The Breakfast Club has become a success. But his interviews are more about anything drama related, or who's sleeping with who, or beef, rather than anything to do with the actual art.

• Staff

I hate that kind of interviews and articles. TALK ABOUT MUSIC MAN !

• Staff

@Playahater said in Pharrell on the Breakfast Club. Talks about where Chad is:

Fuck I love Charlamagne. FINALLLY after 10 years someone asked where the fuck Chad is at.

Answer is pretty vague but it's probably the most detail we've gotten on the subject. And it's confirmed now. CHAd did NOT work on BLurred Lines and Happy. Talks about it at around the 28:00 mark

Yooo I can elaborate on P's answer since I worked fairly closely with MSSL CMMND & Corey over summer. The Neptunes are back together. Chad is living in LA.

He's been working with P on Justin, NERD and a 'Hard Candy' inspired album for a big female pop star that I can't name yet. As well as random neptunes and solo productions. Music isn't his life so much any more so he won't commit to much. He just does stuff as and when fe feels like it.

Pharrell's just being intentionally vague b/c Chad hates people knowing about his life.

Cool interview btw I need to listen to the full thing. I like what he said about "masters" and "slaves". Cool analogy.

• @Mavis said in Pharrell on the Breakfast Club. Talks about where Chad is:

Yooo I can elaborate on P's answer since I worked fairly closely with MSSL CMMND & Corey over summer. The Neptunes are back together. Chad is living in LA.

He's been working with P on Justin, NERD and a 'Hard Candy' inspired album for a big female pop star that I can't name yet. As well as random neptunes and solo productions. Music isn't his life so much any more so he won't commit to much. He just does stuff as and when fe feels like it.

Thanks for the update @Mavis. This is some awesome news. I truly want to believe and start doing cartwheels but you say the neptunes are back then you say music isn't chad's life anymore. The way I see it is Chad is back for now but who knows how long it may last since he's such a free spirit. Fingers crossed but I'm just gonna enjoy the wave while it lasts. Hoping I'm wrong

• Staff

Chad's living in L.A. 'cause life is so insane, everyday feels the same...

... Anyway, big female pop artist ? Artists I imagine: Charli XCX (the future), Kehlani, Tinashe, not Miley again right ?, Taylor Swift ? LMFAO ! Selena, Perry, Rihanna :O, not Beyoncé please... MO, Dua Lipa, Alessia Cara... Well, I'm tired, tell me if she's on the list, if not I will give more names later.

BRITNEY ???? NOOOOOOOO ?????
    Sorry I'm excited.

• @K-Otik Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato? who knows

• Staff

someone guessed it

• Staff

Will be happy for Lovato but Grande ? OH HELL NO ! Not the child look alike ='(

Someone guessed it ? FUCK ! I'M SCARED ABOUT GRANDE NOW ! DAMMIT !

• 'hard candy inspired' as in it sounds like that album?

• Out of all those I could kind of imagine Katy Perry taking that risk, don't know why. A Rihanna project tho... would be wow...

Looks like your connection to Pharrell on the Breakfast Club. Talks about where Chad is was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.