Syd - All About Me (Steve Lacy) (Official Video) (2016)

• just dropped. i dig it. video dope too, directed by calmatic

• my favourite artist EVER dude.. fuck, the video is so sick to me. simple, the beat too. the timbaland / trap feel. and my favourite band in the back. @Matthew in the car is my favourite. ugh dude, it feels so amazing to see my favourite dudes ever just stunting and having fun again ah. - i think this is how dudes felt about 'can i have it like that?' on here. yeah. this is my favourite song off top. to see her go from "flashlight" to this is so cool.

• I FUCKING Love everything about this song and video. Syd bout to fuck em up with this solo shit. FIRE. It's so dope that Odd Future has grown independently from another while staying connected. Can't ask for more. It's a beautiful thing to see.

• This is very very good. Since that flashlight song a few years ago, Syd has always been the one from group I've looked out for the most, so I'm pretty excited for more solo stuff. The production on this is sick as hell too... 🔥🔥🔥

• yo real talk this song has the same feel as most of the stuff rappers put out these days, but you guys dont fuck with any of that stuff....

ce2.png

• @Playahater i think many of us do fuck with new stuff actually. i'm sure it's some people who don't, but who cares about that really

• Staff

@Playahater said in syd - all about me (prod. by steve lacy):

yo real talk this song has the same feel as most of the stuff rappers put out these days, but you guys dont fuck with any of that stuff....

ce2.png

Yuh except it's a girl singing in an ethereal voice, which makes it better...

This reminds me of when P goes into rapper mode and puts on a character. V proud of Syd. She's grown so much as a person and an artist and it's awesome to see her come into her own. She deserves all the success and attention that this solo project is going to bring ❤️

• I fuck with all that new shit, just not for hidden figures. THIS SONG IS HARD AF DOE, DAMN

cant wait for the album
    @Playahater said in syd - all about me (prod. by steve lacy):

yo real talk this song has the same feel as most of the stuff rappers put out these days, but you guys dont fuck with any of that stuff....

ce2.png

• @VandG
    I'm talking about new rap music

• Staff

LMFAO ! 😁 @Playahater

Good lil' track though but nothing extraodinary. Wonderful video if you are an odd future's fan.

• @rob said in syd - all about me (prod. by steve lacy):

@Playahater i think many of us do fuck with new stuff actually. i'm sure it's some people who don't, but who cares about that really

^ this 100%

• This shit is HARDDDDDDD

• So this year is going to bring us solo material from each member in The Internet?

• Staff

This post is deleted!

• i am too. i had a room jumping singing along to uzi vert. that dude got some bangers for real. yfn lucci, migos, madeintoyo, 24hrs
    @Playahater said in Syd - All About Me (Steve Lacy) (Official Video) (2016):

@VandG
    I'm talking about new rap music

• What Playahater is getting at is that she sold out, I mean it's still a banger and it's cool but she still sold out. Big things about to come her way nevertheless so s/o Syd.

• @natetorebby I just think she's honestly into that type of music. I think All About Me is real cool and if you go on Apple Music and listen to their Other tone episode where she plays her song "Insecurities" from her album, that sounds different, more guitar-y and a cool drum pattern. I don't think she sold out.

• Uhm no

I like this song and love this kind of music. I listen to a lot of current stuff so this kind of stuff is my shit.

What I was getting at is that a lot of people on this forum hate anything that sounds current but will hop on it only if a Pharrell-associated artist does it

• @Playahater congrats for keeping up to date with current music bro, but don't immediately assume other people don't, you have no idea lol. 3 people commented before you got you're snipe in, all of whom seem to listen to and enjoy 'current' stuff, so just seemed a bit uncalled for. Like, current music doesn't have to be all you listen to make you relevant, it's not edgy to boast something like that. If people only like this because of who it is rather than how it sounds, that's their prerogative, I just don't think that was the case here

For me I love the flangus on the main synth, for some reason it takes me back a long time ago, idk why. Plus sounds great paired with Syds vocal

• @superjdoug

Put some respek on my name bro

• Staff

LMAFOOOOOOO !!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !

Looks like your connection to Syd - All About Me (Steve Lacy) (Official Video) (2016) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.