Apple Buys Beats for $3 Billion

• Admin

Dr. Dre Won’t Be a Billionaire if Apple Buys Beats (Posted: May 13th)
    beats.jpg
    **Dr. Dre **would not be a billionaire if **Apple **acquires Beats Electronics, the audio company that’s known for its pricey **Beats By Dre **headphones, **The Urban Daily **reports: Word hit yesterday that **Apple **wanted to buy the headphones company for $3.2 billion, so naturally it was assumed that **Dre **would easily become a billionaire, bit that’s not the case.

Dre owns 20-25% stake in Beats, according to Forbes. With the sale and after taxes, that would leave him with a net worth of** $800 million**. The sale would make him the richest rapper, leaving him with $100 million over Diddy, who was just named the worlds richest rapper recently. But it would not leave him with enough to crack **Forbes **top 400. Billionaire or not, the deal is no small feat. I’d make it rain (in my bank account) with $800 million any day.

Edit!
    apple-beats.jpeg

**CNBC **has reported that, finally, **Apple **will acquire **Beats By Dre **for the originally reported $3 Billion Dollars. In the deal Apple will pay $2.6 billion in straight cash homie, and another $400 million in equity for the audio company.

After the announcement Billboard has reported that Jimmy Iovine will - predictably and understandably - leave his position as chairman and CEO of Interscope Geffen **A&M **to become an executive at Apple. I am definitely in the wrong business.

• Admin

Why are they hating?

• Tell ya the truth i really dont care if he is a billionaire or not, as long as he is not producing new muzika i really dont care about who has the most money, Pharrell has less money but i guess he cares more about creating new stuff and exploring new moments in music, with Dre is more about image and being Gangsta always.

• I mean, he's still ultra rich and most likely rich enough to put the guys who wrote that article to shame, billion or million, I dont think it really matters much to Dre, he's gonna live out his days in some crazy palace with maids, butlers and doorbells with real bitches singing the notes lol

• lol he definitely wont be releasing detox now

• I' m pretty sure he's gonna drop another album without any promotion like Beyonce did recently...

• Admin

apple-beats.jpeg
    **CNBC **has reported that, finally, **Apple **will acquire **Beats By Dre **for the originally reported $3 Billion Dollars. In the deal Apple will pay $2.6 billion in straight cash homie, and another $400 million in equity for the audio company.

After the announcement Billboard has reported that Jimmy Iovine will - predictably and understandably - leave his position as chairman and CEO of Interscope Geffen **A&M **to become an executive at Apple. I am definitely in the wrong business.

• I'm so sad for him...

• next for apple...a record label?

Looks like your connection to Apple Buys Beats for $3 Billion was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.