Underrated/Underacknowledged Neptunes beats

• Okay we all know the Drop It Like It's Hots and the Grindins...

But what joints are hard as fuck or just super crazy that no one talks about?

For me, that whole Exclusive Audio Footage album is full of gems, Clipse - Guns N Roses (goosebumps), MC Lyte - Closer, Gwen - U Started It, PMW - Street Tax, Shyne - N****s Gonna Die (so hard), Slim Thug - This Is My Life & Playa You Don't Know, SWV - When This Feeling (!!!), TI - G' Shit, Bow Wow - The Don The Dutch (CHORDS), Pusha T - Suicide (lowkey my fave Pharrell beat ever), Snoop - 10 Lil Crips, etc etc etc...

Interested to see what y'all think.

• Staff

MC Lyte - Closer
    Prince - The greatest romance (remix)
    Slim Thug - Ashy To Classy

I love when they do electronica

• Backstreet Boys- The Call remix is just something else , even if it was overrated I'd still say it's underrated, (if that makes sense.)

• Jessie McCartney she's no you (nep remix)
    TLC - in your arms tonight
    Mario - Go
    Missy, Teanna Taylor - Put it on ya
    (!!!)

• wiz - rise above
    stalley - everything new
    watch the duck - stretch

• This post is deleted!

• @Tenny YO you def hit a couple. I used to play Rise Above heavy. I always wanted DJ's to Spin Stretch and Chad KILLED everything New,

• Beyoncé Kitty Kat for sure. That little electric piano part that comes in at the end of 4 bars is GENIUS.

• Staff

I forgot to include this:

Really reminds me of 2004 Kelis era. Especially the Tasty intro and milkshake. that off-kilter cartoony weird Neptunes/NERD style.

• Slim Thug - Like a Boss
    Mystikal - Jump
    Foxy Brown - Magnetic/Gangsta Boogie
    Beanie Man - Jamaica Way
    Buddy - The Next time I see you
    Fam-Lay - Rock n Roll
    Limp Bizkit - Nookie Remix
    Phillies Most Wanted - Suckas (Part 2)
    LL Cool J - I wanna see you on the floor

I never used to like these tracks once upon a time. I like those euphoric sounding beats like 'I still love you, take it from here, anything with a good synth, acoustic guitar, piano and a dope ass bridge. I don't know when and how but then I started to love those 'Raw' sounding Neptunes beats. I have these in my gym playlist and they get me hyped

• Lol none of the songs being mentioned so far are underrated. They're simply favorites, mostly fan favorites at that. That being said, songs I think are underrated are Hell Yeah, BYOB, Girls Gone Wild, Sexting, The Problem, whatever you guys considered Pharrell's dud era and most of Fam's stuff.

• Staff

"Hel Yeah" and "BYOB" 😂 😂 😂 Maaan I like this guy.

• Perfect defect, right away - gloria estefan, beat goes on, anything- jay z usher, down - kenna, loose wires, blow my whistle, crush - solange and one of my fav lowkey super favs ashy to classy

• @K-Otik You probably won't once you realize I hate Provider and think ISO is NERD's 4th best album lol

• Staff

@Skletch Everybody is different, you are Other. 🙏

• @K-Otik You sir, are quite alright.

• @K-Otik @Skletch Hahaha I actually don't know if you folks are fucking about or not with BYOB but I think that's a pretty dope ass track and I don't care who knows it!!
    "5-4-3-2...R-2-D-2"😎

• Staff

@Skletch said in Underrated Neptunes beats:

Lol none of the songs being mentioned so far are underrated. They're simply favorites, mostly fan favorites at that. That being said, songs I think are underrated are Hell Yeah, BYOB, Girls Gone Wild, Sexting, The Problem, whatever you guys considered Pharrell's dud era and most of Fam's stuff.

I hate you. But I love you.

• Agreed the Joc records are sooo unfairly hated on. Wonder why they ain't do some other ish that sounded like those.

• I dead ass love BYOB and Hell Yeah and I never understood why they get hate either. It's like the quintessential Neptunes sound. Like their original sound that put them on the map. Somewhere along the line, most the fans started to favor the live band sounding stuff and the stuff with the "pretty chords," which is fine. Ain't nothing wrong with the pretty sounding stuff, but people seem to often forget their marquee sound. I love when they take it back. Shit like Sweet Life is terrible to me, but I know that's what most Neptunes fans prefer these days.

• @Mavis You could never hate me and I love you more. Partially homo.

Looks like your connection to Underrated/Underacknowledged Neptunes beats was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.