Crypto currencies

• So I've been into bitcoin now for just two years when I bought one coin for $350. Friends around me told me I was too late, now they feel stupid they didn't buy any. Since I feel stupid I never heard about it sooner, I now also look into other crypto coins. It's becoming some strange obsession because I fear missing out other early adoptions.

Recently I came across a new coin with a free initial investment. Thought I's share it here since I would be mad if I'd miss another crypto currency boat. And of course I'll profit from it too if anyone claims their coins using this link: https://powtoken.com/index.php?ref=POW71830

• Staff

I still don’t understand these currencies - how do you spend them and where? And can you exchange them for real cash? If so how?

Hope you don’t mind me asking. I’ve wanted to find someone to explain it all for a while

• I heard bitcoin can be used for just about anything.. literally anything.

• I had some dude tell me he invested a lot in bitcoin a few years ago and made $700billion and the gov't won't give it to him...so ya you late on bitcoin, this guy got ALL the money

• Get in there now. But make sure you understand how it works first.

Go onto YouTube, there's a channel called 3blue1brown that has a really good explanation of how bitcoin works. It's a 20 min video but it's worth it - it will give you all the base knowledge you need to make a decision of whether you want to get into it.

Litecoin is the other one that is a must-buy-now crypto.

• @Mavis said in Crypto currencies:

I still don’t understand these currencies - how do you spend them and where? And can you exchange them for real cash? If so how?

Hope you don’t mind me asking. I’ve wanted to find someone to explain it all for a while

You can spend them in a lot of places. What you need to have is a wallet where you store your coins. Every wallet can function as a bankcard I guess. I never actually paid anything with bitcoin other than different crypto currencies.
    Recently bitcoin ATMs are being placed where you can take out 'real' cash or deposit straight into your bitcoin wallet.

I don't know about this guy with $700 billion in bitcoin which he can't use. My guess is he failed to state the coins when he was filing his taxes.

• @FlowHightide said in Crypto currencies:

@Mavis said in Crypto currencies:

You can spend them in a lot of places. What you need to have is a wallet where you store your coins. Every wallet can function as a bankcard I guess. I never actually paid anything with bitcoin other than different crypto currencies.
    Recently bitcoin ATMs are being placed where you can take out 'real' cash or deposit straight into your bitcoin wallet.

I don't know about this guy with $700 billion in bitcoin which he can't use. My guess is he failed to state the coins when he was filing his taxes.

Pretty sure he was just a crazy person. That was just one of many insane things he told me to try to "impress" me

• Still mad that I didn't buy any bitcoins the last couple of years. I started a couple of month ago when 1 bitcoin was worth around €2300. At first I was afraid to take the risk so I just bought 0,1 btc. But like you said @FlowHightide it's becoming more of an obsession when you see the value raising almost all the time.

So right now i'm not buying anymore BTC but exchanging it for other crypto currencies and trying to increase my value. To be honest, it's almost like gambling. You win and lose some. One thing I learned tho is to be patient and not sell your coins when the value is dropping. Playing like this will only eventually increase your wallet.

@Mavis said in Crypto currencies:

More and more companies are starting to accept bitcoin as a payment method and most Bitcoin dealers that are selling btc are also buying. Of course a bit less than the market value, that's their revenue model. See https://btcdirect.eu if you are interested

• @Borsboom which sites do you use to exchange?

• could someone just very shortly explain how the value for this thing is so high? Why does it keep increasing? i dont understand how someone invented this concept and some insane value is created within it

• Link I alluded to earlier. This is the best, most easiest to understand video you're going to find about the principles of the cryptocurrencies.

• Yeah I bought into bitcoin in Dec 2015 and just been holding ever since.

• @FlowHightide Coinbase is like the main one, but their customer service really sucks!

• @FlowHightide said in Crypto currencies:

@Borsboom which sites do you use to exchange?

To be honest I have only been on Bittrex. I'm pretty happy how it all operates, especially the automatic buying and selling. They also automatically added the Bitcoin Gold to my wallet, so I can't complain.

@MortenMars said in Crypto currencies:

could someone just very shortly explain how the value for this thing is so high? Why does it keep increasing? i dont understand how someone invented this concept and some insane value is created within it

There is a limited amount of bitcoins. I think it's like 20 or 21 million and I keep hearing more and more people about it, so it's the usual supply and demand

• Hmm

• That was to be expected. Everyone keeps thinking its a bubble

Looks like your connection to Crypto currencies was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.