Fab and jada reminisce on their neptunes hits

• I still go crazy over both tracks kiss n fab are everything

• Staff

I love those stories. It’s cool how confident, forceful and visionary P was back then (and Chad).

I wonder if he still does that now?

• @Mavis said in Fab and jada reminisce on their neptunes hits:

I love those stories. It’s cool how confident, forceful and visionary P was back then (and Chad).

I wonder if he still does that now?

i dont think he has too. he has the track record and admiration that i think artist just trust him.

• It makes sense cause when you listen to P on the hook you can kinda hear feedback from his headphones at certain points and it’s like there’s a whole different beat in the background.

• So I'm guessing the first track jada got was the clipse version ??

• @Spaceman said in Fab and jada reminisce on their neptunes hits:

It makes sense cause when you listen to P on the hook you can kinda hear feedback from his headphones at certain points and it’s like there’s a whole different beat in the background.

Had to have been something about the headphones/mics/booth at MasterSound back then because legit every Neptunes record from 98-01 has that.

• @Spaceman said in Fab and jada reminisce on their neptunes hits:

It makes sense cause when you listen to P on the hook you can kinda hear feedback from his headphones at certain points and it’s like there’s a whole different beat in the background.

wow i've never noticed that before. do you have any examples of this?

• @wiggles just try to listen any time he comes in on the hook, you’ll hear his headphones.

• @Hunter said in Fab and jada reminisce on their neptunes hits:

@Spaceman said in Fab and jada reminisce on their neptunes hits:

Had to have been something about the headphones/mics/booth at MasterSound back then because legit every Neptunes record from 98-01 has that.

they may have just been too loud

• Admin

@ldnproductions said in Fab and jada reminisce on their neptunes hits:

So I'm guessing the first track jada got was the clipse version ??

nah this is the third time he talked about the tune, it was a complete different beat

• Yeah in this example it probably was in reference to there being an entirely different beat, but yeah if you go back and listen to stuff from like from the early to mid 2000s for example you could hear snares or hi hats that were there before they removed them for a drop etc. likely cuz the headphones were way too loud while recording and you could still hear ear those elements bleed through on the final mix, I remember thinking it was just an effect like when certain artists have the beat go under a high pass filter or something but when I listened to a lot of songs where the same thing happened I noticed it was just something they missed or didn't really care about lol. Plenty of artists have been guilty of this, I'm gonna look for some examples

• Very beginning of the song when P is doing the intro you can actually hear the hook in the background along with the snares and main synth

• Staff

In Lemon you can hear a weird synth kind of like bells, during rihanna’s verse. And it feels like that’s bleed through from her headphones because it’s soooo quiet it surely can’t be part of the final song?

• @Mavis said in Fab and jada reminisce on their neptunes hits:

In Lemon you can hear a weird synth kind of like bells, during rihanna’s verse. And it feels like that’s bleed through from her headphones because it’s soooo quiet it surely can’t be part of the final song?

in what it is, the busta joint theres a real slight sound at the end of kelis' bridge that sounds like a removed sound that bled through
    https://youtu.be/wlRXxv_XFdE?t=2m32s

Looks like your connection to Fab and jada reminisce on their neptunes hits was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.