What do ya think makes an album timeless/classic

• I'm working on a project and i wanna know

• do the music you love to ear and don't think about make a classic or something. don't try to follow trends

• Staff

Songwriting... All the albums I like have some cohesion between the music and the lyrics. The two things intertwine as a whole “song” on each track on the album.

• @Skrung-Owt im not asking abt sound, all my favorite albums are in different genres. more just meant what generally draws the line between an album u like vs an album u love

• @Mavis i feel ya. the lyrics 'hint' at the universe the album takes place too

• Wow! Great topic. I agree with @Mavis and I'll use Stevie Wonder as an example. The waltz of his lyrics w/ the music -- he's produced dozens and dozens timeless records. Not just songs, but like entire albums of timeless work. The ability to say a lot without saying much, mastering of simplicity and cleverness surrounded by chords or tones and textures pleasing to the sonics. So many songs that you hear nowadays that were hits or summer anthems that I can't bare to listen to ever again. I also refer to timeless records as Homecooked Meals versus like Fast-Food type of songs trendy songs. Both are feeding you, but there's a distinctive flavor and love that you can taste in food prepared w/ care, as opposed to quick and on the go type of burger or something.

• @matic_touch said in What do ya think makes an album timeless/classic:

Wow! Great topic. I agree with @Mavis and I'll use Stevie Wonder as an example. The waltz of his lyrics w/ music has produced dozens and dozens timeless records. Not just songs, but like entire albums of timeless work. The ability to say a lot without saying much, mastering of simplicity and cleverness surrounded by chords or tones and textures pleasing to the sonics. So many songs that you hear nowadays that were hits or summer anthems that I can't bare to listen to ever again. I also refer to timeless records as Homecooked Meals versus like Fast-Food type of songs trendy songs. Both are feeding you, but there's a distinctive flavor and love that you can taste in food prepared w/ care, as opposed to quick and on the go type of burger or something.

You can't compare timeless music with my homecooked meals. But yes, great anology!

Looks like your connection to What do ya think makes an album timeless/classic was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.