N*E*R*D Future Performances (2018)

• Staff

Ugh Chads insta story I look like such a freak ffs. Like they had a professional photographer and everything and still they used that where I just ran to that position 0.8seconds before !? Smh 😭😭😭😭😭

• @Mavis said in N*E*R*D Future Performances (2018):

Ugh Chads insta story I look like such a freak ffs. Like they had a professional photographer and everything and still they used that where I just ran to that position 0.8seconds before !? Smh 😭😭😭😭😭

Yeah thanks bro, I appreciate any footage! Yeah I made his instastory also loool, I'm the dude dancing with P. Brought out my best moves for Spaz haha only way to do it!

• Yoooooo the show was crazy! I agree completly with superjdoug!
    There were like 6 dancers which didn't take in all attention/being too present.
    Moshpit was crazy! The event was a jazz event with half of the audience being 40+ but the energy was thru the roof.
    Chad was there, hiding behind the keys but got called out by P. Everyone was cheering C.H.A.D.C.H.A.D... almost felt bad for him... Setlist was awesome althought I could have done without Get Lucky.
    One thing tho... The front area is so painfull to wait in... There are like dosens of chicks, only there for Ferrel and his band, being angry at me being tall. Was so glad it started so I could go crazy and create my own space.

• @superjdoug said in N*E*R*D Future Performances (2018):

Show did not disappoint. So. Fucking. Good. Thoughts this morning:

• loved how setlist focussed on all the high energy stuff (my favourite NERD tracks tend to be the lighter, chordsy ones, but this setlist was so ferocious, absolutely perfect for the setting)
    • really breathed life back into Seeing Sounds (the ‘mad ethnic right now’ sample vid into anti matter and then kill joy, I was losing it) - amazing that it’s 10 years old...
    • P was an absolute menace in his creation of mosh pits and general crowd orchestration, dude was an anarchist with pure delight on his face at the chaos below (‘Happy’ P is definitely dead) - AMAZING energy
    • sound was really fucking good at the show
    • Shae sounded great, Chad on guitar was smashing
    • P got political over our visit here in London from Trump this week - felt a bit aimless but it sequenced really well into DDBT 🤷🏻‍♂️
    • to my relief dancers were really good and added rather than detracting
    • the songs from No_one (1000, DDBT, Lemon & Rollinem) all began to sound like classic NERD songs to me for the first time
    • my wife and I were on the stage-side edge of the mosh pit and have grown even closer now having survived that shit together 😩 - thanks Pharrell 👍🏻

Top experience

Smashing, baby! Groovy

• Does anyone know if they still sell the merch like the ESP shirt?

• Fam,
    I was at the Cruilla Festival in Barcelona to see them live.
    Festivals in Spain are so calm, so you dont have to worry with running when they open the gates cause people are there just to enjoy, drink, smoke and dance.
    So I walked to the main stage where they were set to play. It has 5 people on the front. All N.E.R.D fans.
    The band were set to start at 8h15 and I swear to god at 8h10 was like 150 people in front of the stage. I was worried. The festival organizers or something started to play some ramdon music to call the people and just then people fulfill the front of the stage.
    So they got in. Anti Matter started to play. I was hyped as fuck. Already jumping with my girl. Also so happy cause I was so close to the stage. I was able to see P’s camo socks and the hair caming off of Shae’s hat. So yeah, I was THAT close. They were rocking hard. 2002 style. Chad was there. I was just fucking happy to see them 3 on stage at the same time. My heroes!!!!
    Then they did “Kill Joy” and crowd liked but I noticed not a lot knew the song. I and a few were rocking and jumping to it.
    Deep Down Body Thurst came on. I started to cry like a bitch cause I love how that song starts and it is my favorite on the new joint. Live is even better.
    Then medley: Stir Fry, Grindin, Pass, Drop it, Neon Guts and Alright. I’ve lost it jumping ad screaming the lyrics.
    Then “Spaz”. I went crazy (I remembered all those 2008 live videos and started to cry again - I cry a lot cause I am a cancer lol).
    “1000” started and I hate that sont but live its so much better. I went bananas.
    Side note: with all my craziness and energy i noticed that P and Shae looked directly at me a bunch of times. So I was more than happy.
    So “Kites” started. I was bouncing and dancing to it in the same rhythm cause I know the song but the lyrics. And all of the sudden P points at me and say “you, come”. I didnt even think twice. I knew what that was: the part of the show where fans can get lit as fuck on stage. AND SO I DID:

Did you guys saw till the end? He told me that I have to stay on the fucking stage! So I did!!! I just asked him to get my girl up there too. And she walked up and stood with me there untill the end.
    Let me tell you something before I say that was the best day of my life: I ALMOST FAINTED LIKE 5 TIMES. I’ve putted too much energy into it lol. And I was emotional as fuck. So in a lot of times i was just focusing on NOT DYING LOL.
    But I did well, THANK GOD!
    And thank to my girl that could record some of the parts cause I couldnt do it. I was too emotionalandall pass so fast.
    I wanted to dance, jump, remember the lyrics, see them perform, watch if they were close to me to rock, look at Chad on the keys and all of that at the same time. IT WAS CRA-ZY!
    The best part was definitely singin “everybody say hell yeah. Everybody say N.E.R.D” with P. He put the mic on me and I did it. (How many of you did that shit at your room alone? I did that shit on my mind SO MANY TIMES alone in my home back in Brazil and finally I was doing it live, in front of thousands of people, in Spain, with my HERO, Pharrell fucking Williams!
    I will try to put the video of that up soon.
    Ps.: he also did his verse of Everyone Nose (Remix) and he walked next to me for me to sing on the mic “sha got the fattest ass”.
    CRA-ZEEE

• @Rafito wow dude im really happy for you, that sounds like a dream come true. I know what you mean when you picture yourself just being on stage with them and singing along and you got to do that for real. Must be an amazing feeling, and nice dance moves by the way haha

edit: you should replace Mette

• Admin

@Rafito you fucking killed it my man, so proud of you brah, Ive been smiling the whole time !

• @MortenMars said in N*E*R*D Future Performances (2018):

@Rafito wow dude im really happy for you, that sounds like a dream come true. I know what you mean when you picture yourself just being on stage with them and singing along and you got to do that for real. Must be an amazing feeling, and nice dance moves by the way haha

edit: you should replace Mette

my girl been saying the same thing! Lol Mette aint got shit on me Lmao

• @Mika said in N*E*R*D Future Performances (2018):

@Rafito you fucking killed it my man, so proud of you brah, Ive been smiling the whole time !

Thank you so much, Mika! Means a lot! I’ve think I rep it all of us up there! do the star trak sign

• I LOVE that so many forum members are getting their chance to rock with the band. so dope to hear/see everyones experiences. keep them coming!

• 2018 been good to us

• @essntl said in N*E*R*D Future Performances (2018):

So that means after aug/sept they will kick off the official tour?

I don't think we getting one.

• @Rafito Craaaaazzzzyyyyyyyyy

• Of all fans going crazy on stage, you're the best bro. I'm so glad you had the chance

• @FlowHightide said in N*E*R*D Future Performances (2018):

Of all fans going crazy on stage, you're the best bro. I'm so glad you had the chance

THANKS, bro! I've tried to give my all and I think I delivered lol

• alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

• @Sakura said in N*E*R*D Future Performances (2018):

@essntl said in N*E*R*D Future Performances (2018):

they are headed back to the states in sept + p said "fuck yea" to a US tour after EU was over in the q&a session he did a few months ago. i don't see why they wouldn't

• Staff

@Sakura said in N*E*R*D Future Performances (2018):

they are headed back to the states in sept + p said "fuck yea" to a US tour after EU was over in the q&a session he did a few months ago. i don't see why they wouldn't

P has a new album coming and they already cancelled shows in the UK and Australia that were due for later in the year. I’m only speculating but something tells me they’re ready to move on from this album.

• @Mavis said in N*E*R*D Future Performances (2018):

P has a new album coming and they already cancelled shows in the UK and Australia that were due for later in the year. I’m only speculating but something tells me they’re ready to move on from this album.

No more Australia tour?? Is that confirmed @Mavis ? 😔

Looks like your connection to N*E*R*D Future Performances (2018) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.