Pharrell & Chad In The Studio With... (2018)

• ASAP Ferg

Flip phone Shorty and Skate Board P.😈

Une publication partagée par HOOD POPE THE PEOPLES CHAMP (@asapferg) le

• Are both P and Chad working on Ariana’s album or is it just P?

• Staff

@Spaceman said in Pharrell & Chad In The Studio With... (2018):

Are both P and Chad working on Ariana’s album or is it just P?

Both but mainly P. I don’t even know if those songs are gonna see the light of day after JT and NERD’s reception

• @Mavis oh come on man don't be like that lol! OK nerd didn't shift as many units as we would have wanted but still the album had great reviews from press and fans... as for JT, press doesn't like it but fans are loving it and so are the majority of the neptunes fans... JT is an iconic pop star who has nothing to prove anymore so I'm sure he'll sell at least 500 K units in the first week, you sit tight and watch ;-). Look at eminem's latest record who received extremely poor reviews from fans and press, well that didn't stop him to do well, did it? God, I hope I'm right because I want JT to collaborate with the neptunes again so bad!!! I"m sure the neptunes cooked up some sick shit for ariana like they did for britney and gwen...

• @nerd0016 I hope they finished this or at least did not scrap away this song for a new one https://www.instagram.com/p/BQsDdKgAFZz/

• @ECHLN song came out couple of years ago mate, it's called rebirth and it's produced by dj khalil.

• @KevinMorow that's awkward

• @ECHLN got confused too at the time lad haha. Good news is you can have the song now if you want to ;-)

• @KevinMorow been listening to it on repeat since your post. Its a masterpiece

• Admin

@KevinMorow said in Pharrell & Chad In The Studio With... (2018):

@Mavis oh come on man don't be like that lol! OK nerd didn't shift as many units as we would have wanted but still the album had great reviews from press and fans... as for JT, press doesn't like it but fans are loving it and so are the majority of the neptunes fans... JT is an iconic pop star who has nothing to prove anymore so I'm sure he'll sell at least 500 K units in the first week, you sit tight and watch ;-). Look at eminem's latest record who received extremely poor reviews from fans and press, well that didn't stop him to do well, did it? God, I hope I'm right because I want JT to collaborate with the neptunes again so bad!!! I"m sure the neptunes cooked up some sick shit for ariana like they did for britney and gwen...

he's always been like that pessimistic as fuck

• Staff

@Mika Um... no we don’t all make shit up Mika ;) I’m saying that based on what I got told when I was out in LA a few weeks back. The label and Ariana have differing views on the songs she should use - they’re also preventing her from releasing her songs with Bia too. So if the JT record flopped it’s gonna make the label question P’s involvement even more

• @Mavis well that'd be a shame, that song with bia is lit!

• @Mavis said in Pharrell & Chad In The Studio With... (2018):

@Spaceman said in Pharrell & Chad In The Studio With... (2018):

Are both P and Chad working on Ariana’s album or is it just P?

Both but mainly P. I don’t even know if those songs are gonna see the light of day after JT and NERD’s reception

but would they factor in the massive success of Stir Fry, tho? lol

• This is gonna hurt your guys’ feelings a bit but I’ve been saying it for years and I’ll reiterate it. Pharrell ain’t that dude anymore. Pharrell can’t direct and produce entire albums anymore. Look at all the complete/almost complete projects he’s made over the last 10 years. All were flops and largely disappointments with 0 mainstream success - even with blatant “pop” bait

TI album from 2015
    BUSH
    Til the Casket Drops
    NERD - Nothing
    NO_One ERD
    Gloria Estefan
    Shakira album
    Common - UniversalMind Control
    Mayer Hawthorne
    That shitty country album from last year
    Hidden figures
    GIRL
    Nelly - MO
    Hard Candy -the only worldwide hit on this album was produced by Timbo
    Buddy album
    (Feel free to add more)
    I’ll also add Miley - Bangerz but add that although the album was an overall success none of theP songs were single worthy or hits.

So Out of all these albums NOT A SINGLE ONE made a cultural impact or even any mainstream splash. Even the album that followed one of he biggest songs of the decade - Happy - couldnt do it

I agree with @mavis. At some point labels are gonna see a pattern and ignore the cult like demand for a P that is sadly only shadow of his former self. This JT album is unfortunately headed in the same direction but I’ll wait and see. I can’t see any single worthy track on this album except Filthy - which wasn’t produced by P

Would not be surprised if we see an Arianna album with no P on it.

• @Playahater bro I'm sorry but you're tripping.

Pharrell is 44 years old. Dude has been around since the early 90s. If you seriously expect anything he does now in 2018 to reach his early 2000s levels of hype and popularity, you're playing yourself.

WITH THAT SAID... we can all agree that he hasn't lost any of his talent and the music is still just as good as it always was. This is still the same Pharrell. His prime has passed in terms of numbers... BUT THE MUSIC IS STILL GOOD.

So why does any of that other shit matter?

• @Playahater PHARRELL JUST DUELED HIMSELF FOR THE NUMBER 1 SONG IN THE WORLD W/ HAPPY AND GET LUCKY, WHAT U SAYIN FAM?! THROW HANDS lol

• @matic_touch yea but my post was about producing entire projects.

Look at that list.

• @Hunter

I don’t know man. No more than a dozen songs total on all those albums I listed hit me the same way Justified did. Or HHNF. Or Lord Willin. Or Kaleidscope. Or Seeing Sounds.

Pharrells music changed. Whether it got better or worse is subjective. It definitely got less general public friendly and because my ears are pretty simple - to me his production’s gotten worse

• @Playahater well, I think today’s market is more single and hit driven, sadly versus a body of work. The reasons why we have options to buy one song on a digital album, and say fuck u to the rest of the body of work. Things like Get Lucky, Lose Yourself to Dance, Happy, or a more current references like Havana and Stir Fry (which we know is a decade old beat) would also taken into consideration for arguments sake, i believe. Very interesting topic of convo you’ve brought forth, though. Pharrell still appears “with it” and current throughout these decades. It’s definitely apparent he’s maybe lost a step, and regained it with Chad coming back from the shadows, though.

• @Playahater P won Grammys for GIRL & got nominated for AOTY. Hidden Firgures soundtrack was getting nominated for everything & he one some of that. had T.I, Mayer Hawthorne & Sharkira only had a few tracks from Pharrell

• @hayabusa I think this years Grammys proved that public impact/culture have NOTHING to do with the Grammys

Looks like your connection to Pharrell & Chad In The Studio With... (2018) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.