Black Panther was dope

• Just so y’all know lol

• @mr_novalike AGREED.

• can't wait to watch it ugh

• Good but not the best by Marvel

• really good -- gonna try to catch it again, it's doing crazy numbers

• Definitely one of the top 3 marvel films for me.

So well executed

• Admin

guys that OST though, with the tribal sound, fucking dope Ludwig Goransson did an amazing job

• Such a dope movie, I need to see it again.

• @mr_novalike said in Black Panther was dope:

Just so y’all know lol

word! watching again tonight for the 2nd time

• i was expecting it to be corny, but i guess i should check it out

• Defo top tier Marvel. A total joy. The cast killed it. Coogler killed it. Set and costume design killed it. Both the score and the soundtrack are excellent. Only complaints would be that the final T'chala abd Erik fight wasn't that good and there was some shaky CGI here and there. Minor gripes really.
    Andy Serkis seemed to be having the time of his life, he was a riot.

Marvel's top tier looks like this for me:

Civil War
    The Avengers
    Winter Soldier
    Guardians
    Black Panther
    Ragnarok
    Doctor Strange

• @Mika said in Black Panther was dope:

guys that OST though, with the tribal sound, fucking dope Ludwig Goransson did an amazing job

This may be what I liked the most aside from the style of it all —was how they blended tribal sounds in with hip-hop. I knew I was going to get that OST before i left the theater. Carmack and Sango came to mind too. I’d like to hear them flip some of these tracks

• @mikitoramirez broo none of the iron man films in that list??

I'd have to put Iron Man 1 or 2 in the top 3 for sure.

But I agree with the rest of your list

• Damn really? I guess after recieving top shelf reviews I just didn’t think it lived up to them. Good movie but I would put it at like an 80%

• Staff

The score was next level! And same with the set and visual design. It looked incredible.

Only thing is - the film itself is not as “important” as the press are saying. I found Black Panther himself to be quite dull - possibly the least interesting character in the whole movie

For me Ragnarok & The Amazing Spider-man (the last two marvel films I’ve seen) are better.

• @Mavis said in Black Panther was dope:

The score was next level! And same with the set and visual design. It looked incredible.

Only thing is - the film itself is not as “important” as the press are saying. I found Black Panther himself to be quite dull - possibly the least interesting character in the whole movie

For me Ragnarok & The Amazing Spider-man (the last two marvel films I’ve seen) are better.

Hold up, I'll give you Ragnarok, but "Amazing" Spiderman? Holy shit lol at least say homecoming

• @Mavis agree with black panther being the dullest character. I thought Michael B Jordans character carried the film. S

• Staff

@Pushamalicious-T said in Black Panther was dope:

@Mavis said in Black Panther was dope:

Hold up, I'll give you Ragnarok, but "Amazing" Spiderman? Holy shit lol at least say homecoming

Lol whoops I meant Homecoming 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤭

@playahater honestly both male leads weren’t doing it for me. It was the female characters that were more interesting and better acted imo

• There’s been so much ‘finally a black superhero’ stuff which is... nice but really disingenuous.
    Wesley Snipes played Blade 20 years ago!
    Funny thing about that is the success of Blade led to X-Men getting green lit, which led to Spiderman, (Ang Lee’s) Hulk and then to this whole Marvel Cinematic Universe and superhero wave we have today.
    It’s odd that in trying to validate this as ‘a black breakthrough’ the press are simultaneously burying the achievements of another true black breakthrough.
    Funnier still is Wesley actually wanted to make a Black Panther film! All through the 90’s. Blade happened when he couldn’t get that off the ground. History is funny sometimes.

Looks like your connection to Black Panther was dope was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.