Janelle Monáe - Dirty Computer (2018), I Got The Juice feat. Pharrell (Nate Wonder) (18')

• 28168603_10155542815984856_4841969594755768769_n.jpg

• My favorite female

• make me feel is epic!

• Cool! Looking forward to this!

• Make Me Feel is a bomb

• This post is deleted!

• The Q.U.E.E.N is back!
    Despite being a little lukewarm on the direction she took on Electric Lady and whatever Eephus was ArchAndroid is one of my favourite albums ever. I’ll always be there for whatever she does.

These two tracks are great, album cover is great, I’m sad the android concept has seemingly been dropped but... I’m ready.

• Staff

I used to love Janelle. Archandroid was amazing.

But something about these new songs feels inauthentic to me. I can’t put my finger on it.

I’m looking forward to her album/movie. Do you think these videos are part of the movie?

Edit: I love the prechorus on way you make me feel

• @Mavis said in Janelle Monáe - Dirty Computer (April 27, 2018):

I used to love Janelle. Archandroid was amazing.

But something about these new songs feels inauthentic to me. I can’t put my finger on it.

Same here. I kinda fell out of love with her when she put out Electric Lady. She was imitating so many artists in a very obvious way and I wasn't feeling it. I later found out she was already doing the same on ArchAndroid, but in that case I didn't really know the artists she was biting, like Simon and Garfunkel or Paul McCartney. On Electric Lady I could tell the artist she was copying for each song, from Prince to Michael Jackson to Stevie Wonder to the Isley Brothers and more.

• Staff

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/feb/22/you-dont-own-or-control-me-janelle-monae-on-her-music-politics-and-undefinable-sexuality

This article’s pretty good. Seems like she’s gonna do a “channel orange” and reveal something personal on the album...

Well, that’s how she portrays it in the interview at least.

“I’m terrified right now. Like, I don’t know how my family’s gonna react, I don’t know what people are going to say.”

What is the worst they could say? The thing she is most afraid of? She takes a deep breath. “I’m about to cry,” she says, and dabs briefly at her eyes as she collects herself. “I think – rejection. This may all be in my head, ’cause I have a tendency to overthink shit – I know that about myself. But I think: rejection. This started with me, with my feelings. But people want me to be an image that’s in their mind; what held me back was that I represent something to so many people and people put all this pressure on me to be just this one thing.”

She doesn’t specify what that one thing is”

• It’s gonna be weird if it’s just the fact she’s bisexual, because that’s been an obvious thing (and something her music has hinted at) for ages now.

• @3000 said in Janelle Monáe - Dirty Computer (April 27, 2018):

It’s gonna be weird if it’s just the fact she’s bisexual, because that’s been an obvious thing (and something her music has hinted at) for ages now.

lmao i think thats it but her coming out in public i can understand that being a big challenge. unless she comes out and says like..shes actually an android and not a person, then i get it

• @3000 said in Janelle Monáe - Dirty Computer (April 27, 2018):

It’s gonna be weird if it’s just the fact she’s bisexual, because that’s been an obvious thing (and something her music has hinted at) for ages now.

If so, I'd be very disappointed. It would feel too much like a marketing strategy to me.

• Staff

@FlowHightide said in Janelle Monáe - Dirty Computer (April 27, 2018):

@3000 said in Janelle Monáe - Dirty Computer (April 27, 2018):

If so, I'd be very disappointed. It would feel too much like a marketing strategy to me.

Yuh, whatever the outcome, it’s clear her intentionally vague answer was designed to spark intrigue and discussions like these.

However, if Janelle is ditching the robot thing and getting personal then I’m interested, because I feel like we still don’t know her as an artist without a persona.

• Ummmmm

0_1524620054205_Untitled.png

• Co-produced by Pharrell according to Wikipedia.. I'm intrigued

• I always figured there was more to come from those HF sessions, always been a Janelle fan, have her last 2 albums in my collection....she is a fruit from the Tree of Kelis imo....makes sense her and Pharrell would have great chemistry...looking forward to the song!

• @darrenlaking I’ve been praying for years for a Neptunes x Janelle Monae project since I heard Archandroid.
    And she could definitely ride the Kelis tracks (and I mean all of them!!)
    No joke.. I will actually cry if they work on a full album together

• Y'all should get ready for milkshake part 2!

• @MHousel52 excited!

I think it's gonna sound like Jay-Z's "Anything" if i read the description tho, which I like btw

Looks like your connection to Janelle Monáe - Dirty Computer (2018) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.