2006-2007Pharrell

• Who favors this Pharrell era as much as i do?

• I'd very much agree for pharrell solo but definitely 2000-2002 for neptunes in general...

• Staff

I like how he turned into making these demo’y sounding songs that had a certain dreamy feel during that era. There was a rawness and you could really connect with what he was trying to do.

But overall the quality of the music wasn’t great. Everything sounded unfinished. It’s def not my favourite era from him but I can see the appeal

• @Mavis yeah this was kinda an interesting era. theres songs during this time i didnt like at all, i enjoy them now but its still not like..top of the line P

• @Mavis that’s actually a perfect description that I didn’t pick up on until I got older, damn near EVERYTHING sounded unfinished and almost like polished demos. I enjoyed a lot of the stuff from that era but that was something I definitely took notice of.

• @Pushamalicious-T said in 2006-2007Pharrell:

@Mavis that’s actually a perfect description that I didn’t pick up on until I got older, damn near EVERYTHING sounded unfinished and almost like polished demos. I enjoyed a lot of the stuff from that era but that was something I definitely took notice of.

What songs are you and @mavis talking about??

2005 was my peak interest in P/Neptunes so 2006 felt like a giant letdown. Especially those months we waited for IMM to drop. 2007 was so hit or miss. Lots of hip hop/rap during that era but it all sounded flat and colourless to me. Except I Know. To me nothing beats 2002-2005 Neptunes. And then 2008 and 2013 follow shortly after.

I’ll add that 2006-2007 were the best years for Ice Cream/BBC

• @Playahater the whole in my mind album is a perfect example for starters. Every beat sounds sort of raw and unmixed, it’s especially noticeable when it comes to the vocals and how dry they are etc. But again It doesn’t take away from my enjoyment of those songs

• my favorite era man dear god. i was listening to imm yesterday and was amazed at the whole pocket he was in. so pretty. those shitt r n b songs and them rap songs about pjs and other shit really motivated me. i learned how to write songs cause of this album.

• Staff

@BabyMilo you didn’t like the R&B songs?

• @Mavis NO LOVED THEM! my favorite P songs are those. im saying cause they sorta seem like cleaned up refs and stuff, angel that girl i really like u take it off my favorite shits hes done

• In my mind is and will always be my favourite album of all time, so many classics on there, angel and I really like you being the ones that have been on my ipod for aaaaggggeeeeessss! I'm quite intrigued with this unreleased album though, I wonder if he gave some of the beats to other artists cuz I know he started the whole process 4 years ago while he was in Manchester, which makes it even more interesting for me haha...

• why should i be sad
    u started it
    lavish
    i know
    i m.i.s.s. you
    paris tokyo remix
    i proceed
    obsession
    our father
    ashy to classy
    down-kenna
    tokyo drift
    wanna love you girl

• Even the imagery from 2005-2007 is what I'll always associate with Pharrell, The BAPE, Billionaire Boys Club, Ice Cream Board Flips, Running dog bucket hats etc. it just reminds me of being a teenage kid and wanting to be just like him.

• Angel is my favorite off of imm

• that song made me look at hip hop and r&b in a different way for some reason i don't know why

• @xacbeats I completely relate to that, it was so fresh when it came out, it sounded so different from the other rnb songs... and that hook, my God, still gives me the fucking thrills to this day mate!

• Staff

@Rafael-Arana said in 2006-2007Pharrell:

why should i be sad
    u started it
    lavish
    i know
    i m.i.s.s. you
    paris tokyo remix
    i proceed
    obsession
    our father
    ashy to classy
    down-kenna
    tokyo drift
    wanna love you girl

Yooo loads of these songs are from 2004 and 2008

• Staff

@BabyMilo ohhh I get you. The R&B half of IMM was def my favourite half of it.

I’d love if he did a whole album where he raps and sings on the same song - like “That Girl” and “Rumour Has It”.

• @KevinMorow the hook is what really attracted me to the song when i first heard it. Holy fuck, the feeling I had when i first heard it...

• "Best Friend" from In My Mind is one of the best on that album .. I listen to that one all of the time.. "How Does It Feel" too ..

Glad that all of the instrumentals were released.

Beanie Sigel "Don't Stop" with Snoop is one of my favorites from that era if not my favorite ..

• Just my opinion, but it seemed like, for a short while, he got a little caught up in that wave of "garbage" rap that kinda started the shift to where mainstream hip-hop is now. It was almost a transition period between that ubiquitous sound the fans were used to and the new direction he was trying to move towards. 808 kits became more of a presence in his tracks, even though his layering still gave him a distinctive sound, compared to others. Overall, there's still a lot of stuff I like from that era.

Looks like your connection to 2006-2007Pharrell was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.