Kelis + The Neptunes Appreciation Thread

• Can we get a Kelis appreciation thread going on?

Out of all the work Pharrell and Chad have done together, their work with Kelis is among the best. Incredibly fresh and original. A lot of it is timeless. Even though they haven't worked together in more than a decade, I find myself listening to their collaborative body of work very frequently

What are your favorite Kelis and Neptunes collaborations? What do you like about those songs? What made them such a good team?

I believe the Wanderland album is tremendously underrated. The Star Wars/Outro track embodies what was so exciting about the Star Trak label during its infancy and that beat still sounds innovation and timeless even 17 years later.

Kaleidoscope is a masterpiece and in my opinion, one of the best produced Neptunes albums along with some of Pharrell's best song writing in his career. Get Along With You, Game Show and Suspended are all incredibly solid tracks with more depth and lyrical content than your average Pharrell love song.

The unreleased "Freak Me Slow" from the Tasty sessions is simply fantastic with hypnotic drums and a mesmerizing bridge line. First hearing about that song on the grindin forum more than 10 years ago reminds me of fantastic memories. A lot of the work on the Tasty album was truly fantastic. Milkshake sounds like its from out of this world even though it has the Neptunes signature sharp unfiltered sawtooth bass sound and Sugar Honey Iced Tea makes me smile every time I listen to it while Rolling Through The Hood gives me goosebumps.

Not to mention all the collaborative work Kelis did with the Neptunes (i.e. Got Your Money, Truth or Dare, Stick Girl, the list goes on and on)

I always have felt Kelis is such a unique and fresh singer with style and charisma. I hope one day she reunites with The Neptunes to make more music.

• Scared Money has always been my favorite song by Kelis

• something about the production on that song gives me a specific feeling i love it haha

• Staff

Sugar honey iced tea - live instruments !!! Imagine if kelis had a whole album like that.

Scared money, freak me slow, N2Gether, Make This Run, My Life

• This post reminds me. I still haven’t listened to Wanderland...

I should get on that

• @Playahater said in Kelis + The Neptunes Appreciation Thread:

This post reminds me. I still haven’t listened to Wanderland...

I should get on that

Lol same

• @MHousel52 said in Kelis + The Neptunes Appreciation Thread:

@Playahater said in Kelis + The Neptunes Appreciation Thread:

I should get on that

Lol same

I hope you guys are kidding!! Lmao

• @xacbeats said in Kelis + The Neptunes Appreciation Thread:

something about the production on that song gives me a specific feeling i love it haha

hell yea. the hook >

best kelis for sure

• i hope to god theyre joking about not listening to wanderland

• suspended
    scared money
    perfect day
    young fresh and new
    get along with you
    game show
    lil susie
    in the morning
    wouldn't you agree

its so many, i genuinely like all of their work together.

• @BabyMilo said in Kelis + The Neptunes Appreciation Thread:

i hope to god theyre joking about not listening to wanderland

Lol @Playahater DEFINITELY isn’t

• @Mavis said in Kelis + The Neptunes Appreciation Thread:

Sugar honey iced tea - live instruments !!! Imagine if kelis had a whole album like that.

I totally agree Live instruments will be just unbelievable, like ISO ! Sugar honey iced tea is probably one of my best.

• @Mavis said in Kelis + The Neptunes Appreciation Thread:

That’s what Amphibious was supposed to be. Wanderland with all live instruments.

• @VandG said in Kelis + The Neptunes Appreciation Thread:

suspended
    scared money
    perfect day
    young fresh and new
    get along with you
    game show
    lil susie
    in the morning
    wouldn't you agree

its so many, i genuinely like all of their work together.

can't forget about Shooting Stars another favorite kelis song of mine and also Flash Back is cool, but some don't really fuck with that song

• @MHousel52 said in Kelis + The Neptunes Appreciation Thread:

@Playahater said in Kelis + The Neptunes Appreciation Thread:

I should get on that

Lol same

No way!!! I remember I thought I was late listening to Wanderland somewhere around '06/'07... I think I cried hearing it the first time.

• Naturally, artists and producers have to grow and sometimes take different paths, but I wish they would’ve sustained and kept working together. They really had a strong connection, not unlike Janet with Jam & Lewis, and it came through in their sound.

• @xacbeats said in Kelis + The Neptunes Appreciation Thread:

can't forget about Shooting Stars another favorite kelis song of mine and also Flash Back is cool, but some don't really fuck with that song

Shooting Stars is close to being my favourite Kelis + Neps song.

Love Flash Back too.

• This post is deleted!

• Wanderland era was beast bro I wish spot would've made that album

• Wanderland, Kaleidoscope and Tasty on a shuffle repeat mix. Great summer drive vibe, great for rainy nights w/ something in the air.

• Wanderland on a cloudy day is good for the soul.

Looks like your connection to Kelis + The Neptunes Appreciation Thread was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.