Random Neptunes Tracks

• So summer of 2017 had me bored as fuck and i did nothing but skate and listen to neptunes instrumentals i found on youtube and soundcloud. What do you guys think of these tracks (these are 4 randoms that were on the account).

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Does anyone have all these games songs without tags on them?

• Nah, i dont

• I Need U had so much potential in my opinion. Not hit potential or anything. But just potential to be a good song.

I had mixed feelings towards It Must Be Tough and all the Game records. They mostly lacked personality if that makes sense. Just sounded so generic. If they werent generic they sounded rough and unfinished (dedicated, in my 64). Ain’t No Doubt About it was the best collab between them I think.

I Dont Know = GOAT Neptunes/ Usher collab for sure.

• @Playahater said in Random Neptunes Tracks:

I Need U had so much potential in my opinion. Not hit potential or anything. But just potential to be a good song.

I had mixed feelings towards It Must Be Tough and all the Game records. They mostly lacked personality if that makes sense. Just sounded so generic. If they werent generic they sounded rough and unfinished (dedicated, in my 64). Ain’t No Doubt About it was the best collab between them I think.

I Dont Know = GOAT Neptunes/ Usher collab for sure.

i completely agree with you on I Need U wow that would've been an amazing song

I fuck with the game records he did

the beat for I Don't Know is too dope one of my favorites

• @Playahater oh and the bridge on Usher I Don't Know is so good holy shit

• Staff

I Don’t Know is genius. Because it intentionally sounds kind of bad for the first minute or so, and Chad detuned all the layered instruments so that the one repetitive chord sounds kind of clashy and ugly.... but then it suddenly breaks out into something really beautiful and other worldly. Amazing. I don’t think it would have that same impact if it sounded dreamy for the whole track.

You can tell a lot of thought when into the whole concept, even though it sounds so simple. P’s a genius as well because that first part of the beat is boring as hell but his song writing and vocal melodies really bring that to life and stop it seeming repetitive

• I have an entire song that's based on the bridge of "I Don't Know". That bridge is magical.

• @ECHLN said in Random Neptunes Tracks:

I have an entire song that's based on the bridge of "I Don't Know". That bridge is magical.

yo you gotta get that out there hahaha that shit is beautiful

• i would love to get the full i need u demo, always liked that track. felt really fresh and i would love to hear that bridge.

i liked the game tracks, it must be tough 10s 20s 50s 100s is my favorite pharrell phrase to say.

i dont know is cool. i miss that sound, that bridge is really smooth, beautiful even.

never been an im loving it fan. because of the mcdonalds commercials, i heard that before i heard the song (idk how) so i couldnt take it serious. listening now its really pretty. love those flanged strings of that era.

• Staff

@VandG I like I’m lovin it, too. But lately when I’ve been listening to it something sounds off. Like it’s out of time and doesn’t loop properly? Am I imagining that?

• I dig all four of these. I'm Lovin' It a classic. I don't care that Mickey D's used it. I hadn't heard It Must Be Tough. I didn't care for some of the other records with Game (I'm not a fan of Game), but this one is really dope thanks to the production and Pharrell's parts. I really wish we had a finished version of I Need U. @Mavis nails what makes I Don't Know great.

@Mavis said in Random Neptunes Tracks:

I Don’t Know is genius. Because it intentionally sounds kind of bad for the first minute or so, and Chad detuned all the layered instruments so that the one repetitive chord sounds kind of clashy and ugly.... but then it suddenly breaks out into something really beautiful and other worldly. Amazing. I don’t think it would have that same impact if it sounded dreamy for the whole track.

You can tell a lot of thought when into the whole concept, even though it sounds so simple. P’s a genius as well because that first part of the beat is boring as hell but his song writing and vocal melodies really bring that to life and stop it seeming repetitive

• @Mavis you're imagining this (i think) because, the emphasis usually being placed on "the one" is even more magnified when "the one" is left empty. In other words, a loop may sound slightly out of time when you play an (un-quantized) groove with multiple instruments that don't hit on "the one".

• Do any of you guys have a version of “feet can’t fail me now” where that stupid ass DJ isn’t saying his tag all over the bridge. I think that’s top 10 Neptune’s bridges forsure

• Staff

@Tenny said in Random Neptunes Tracks:

@Mavis you're imagining this (i think) because, the emphasis usually being placed on "the one" is even more magnified when "the one" is left empty. In other words, a loop may sound slightly out of time when you play an (un-quantized) groove with multiple instruments that don't hit on "the one".

Yeah I get you! I thought it might be something like that, the way they kind of stop and start the drum beat in an unexpected way throws me off. Thanks for the explanation!

• @xacbeats soon!

• @ECHLN dope can't wait to hear that

Looks like your connection to Random Neptunes Tracks was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.