Ariana Grande - Sweetener (2018)

• @matic_touch said in Ariana Grande - Sweetener (2018):

Being a full, grown ass adult male bumping Ariana Grande and not giving a fuck was my entire Labor Day weekend, here in America.

Ha, same here.

• Ariana did a live session at BBC radio one and performed REM around 2:30:00

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/m00008zd

Plus she also did a cover of Them Changes

• Admin

p06jr1j6.jpg

Ariana Grande - R.E.M. (Live Lounge) (18')

https://dbr.ee/3qDz

Those keys at the end are beautiful !

• “Wish you’d chew on me like fresh grapes”

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢😖😖😖😖😖😖😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Damn maybe this corny bar shit is a VA thing

• Staff

@Playahater maybe she has haemorrhoids ?

• @Mavis

Oh god 🤢🤢🤢 fuck you for that one buddy

• Ok now I won't be able to listen to the song without laughing

• @Mavis said in Ariana Grande - Sweetener (2018):

@Playahater maybe she has haemorrhoids ?

I hate yall. I’m sitting here on lunch catching up and eating bean/corn and see this comment 🤢

• I just heard the album yesterday (late as usual I know) and I have a few things that stood out for me.

1. Its interesting that artists or labels need to balance out the quirkiness of the album with “standard” tracks (ref “God is a Woman”). I’m not sure if the whole album was prod by the Neps or just most of it... but some of those songs clearly didn’t sound like Neptunes and they stuck out without reading the credits... they were ok for what they were... it just made me want to skip to the next Neptunes track.

2. Blazed is such a light and bouncy track. Love the groove loop on it. Love the choices they made as far as muting the phrase with the baseline Rhodes and distorted keyboard. This sounds like a track meant for JT. Harmony is dope.

3. I feel like Pharrell borrowed vocal harmonics and melodies from the 1940’s and 50’s in some of the songs which was cool and interesting (reference REM 2:48)

4. “Get Well Soon” gives me goosebumps every time and is probably favorite track. Again, I don’t know the credits and it might be just me yet but I love the fact that I can just hear Chad in these tracks. There’s a synth that Chad introduces in this track at 2:55 (and a little bit before) that sounds like a soft trumpet or something but It was so Dope to me because it was a nostalgic sound for me. I think it was used either in Seeing Sounds or Fly or Die and it got me so hype lol.

5. Borderline sounds like a revamped Tasha/Vanessa track which I did NOT have an issue with. I LOVE that P brought the cowbell out for this one. The airy synths too! Sounded like a throwback.

6. Light was okay but I can see why ppl wouldn’t gravitate to it. It was a little too repetitive but not bad. That songs reminds me a lot of NERD. I like the beat changes

7. Finally, I’ll say this (even though I could say a lot more) and I might get hate for it saying this but... I enjoyed this album more than the last NERD album. It was just a lot more fun imo. There was more color and vibrancy in the vocals and tracks. The vocals were so full of color and the direction P took with her vocal runs were on point. I feel like they learned from NERD and perfected it for Ariana music wise...or they were just in a different state of mind. I don’t know how long they were working on this album.

• I want them to do a whole album together. Her voice sounds so good on these beats

• @mr_novalike said in Ariana Grande - Sweetener (2018):

1. I feel like Pharrell borrowed vocal harmonics and melodies from the 1940’s and 50’s in some of the songs which was cool and interesting (reference REM 2:48)

"Mr. Sandman" by the Chordettes. Keeping with the whole "dream-like" aspect of the song. lol

• @Skletch wow that's one of the best on the album.

• i feel like this forum is gonna face a hard drought after this thread :P

• @MortenMars

I think you’re right.

really don’t think there’s anything in the works. P is on tour with NERD and every rumoured project we’ve been hearing about since 2015 has come out...

• We got Bia’s next ep/single that Pharrell will be on. Check her recent Instagram Story.

• Staff

Pharrell’s about to drop another album. We have the Rex OC and Chad stuff coming out (and I think P might even be involved in that somehow), MIA, Kodak Black, more movie soundtracks (not the Grinch, some movie scored by Peter Nashel). We have the Lion King soundtrack and I wouldn’t be surprised if Pharrell is doing some kind of additonal new music for “Cats” since Mette has been cast in it.

• @Mavis said in Ariana Grande - Sweetener (2018):

Pharrell’s about to drop another album. We have the Rex OC and Chad stuff coming out (and I think P might even be involved in that somehow), MIA, Kodak Black, more movie soundtracks (not the Grinch, some movie scored by Peter Nashel). We have the Lion King soundtrack and I wouldn’t be surprised if Pharrell is doing some kind of additonal new music for “Cats” since Mette has been cast in it.

Tell 'em

• What do u think the direction of his new album will be, and what do you think it should be?

• This thread is wildly off topic now.

• @ECHLN

OK back to the topic at hand:

I think the production and writing for God is a Woman, Everytime, Breathin, No Tears Left to Cry is objectively, more fluid, dynamic, climactic, and overall better crafted than all of the Pharrell produced joints.

Debate me.

Looks like your connection to Ariana Grande - Sweetener (2018) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.