Childish Gambino - Saturday (2018) SNL LIVE

• This is probably one of the most perfect live performances I've ever seen in my life.

Also, sounds like Pharrell had a hand in this? At least some of the runs sound Pharrell inspired.. anyway, amazing performance. Super hyper for Gambino's new project!

• I agree, I definitely hear hints of Pharrell in this. I'm curious how the rest of the forum feels?

• After seeing the performance, I thought of coming here to see if anyone else got that vibe, because even the ad-libs sound like P. It kind of got me excited for a Childish Gambino/Pharrell collab.

• I've wanted a Childish x Pharrell song since he did that Palisades track with Christian Rich

• @hayabusa said in Childish Gambino - Saturday (2018) SNL LIVE:

I've wanted a Childish x Pharrell song since he did that Palisades track with Christian Rich

Yo!! Palisades is one of my favorite songs. I am almost positive they sampled Vanessa Marquez "Daydreaming" for it tho!!

Could be wrong tho, but I swear it sounds like they pulled from Daydreaming.

• Could be but I always thought it was the Marcos Valle song

• @hayabusa it’s definitely the Marcos Valle song it’s a direct sample

• a bit unrelated but anyone remember what that vanessa marquez song is called that has a really dope latin guitar groove playing. Its like the only non-neptunes song I know has been posted on here but i forget the title

Edit: lol nvm i figured it out it was this Natasha Ramos song

• @MortenMars Man I forgot about this song, so dope!

• @hayabusa said in Childish Gambino - Saturday (2018) SNL LIVE:

Could be but I always thought it was the Marcos Valle song

Wow! This totally is it lol

• “Saturday” is produced by Ludwig Göransson

• Im surprised no one is talking about "This is America".

• @mr_novalike

Crazy I came here to post the same thing

This dude has the most talked about song/video out right now yet everyone’s here is talking about the hints of Pharrell influence on a different song of his...

Anyways I thought the video was amazing. The choreography blew my kind

• @Playahater @mr_novalike I posted it here regarding the potential Pharrell relevance after I saw the performance on SNL -- This is America probably deserves it's own thread, for sure (I've been talking about the actual video nonstop since Saturday night lol).

• This post is deleted!

• This song is perfect. Pharrell in the verse and Bossa in the hook. So
    Fucking perfect. Idk if I’ve ever heard Bossa in a commercial light like that. Makes me happy as fuck though because I’ve had to dealt with faggot ass people saying it’s elevator music and that it’s lame and now they’re probably gonna say something else and shit. Fuck those people. Bossa Nova in the masses now

• @matic_touch said in Childish Gambino - Saturday (2018) SNL LIVE:

@Playahater @mr_novalike I posted it here regarding the potential Pharrell relevance after I saw the performance on SNL -- This is America probably deserves it's own thread, for sure (I've been talking about the actual video nonstop since Saturday night lol).

Nah I mean this song is dope in and of itself and deserves it’s thread anyway. Specially because it does have hints if Pharrell in it. But like playerhater said, This is America is everywhere and I figured it would have had its own thread in here by now... and that’s also why I low-key dropped by to see what y’all had to say about it lol

• @mr_novalike lol get the party started! I'm kinda burnt out on the video now -- th einternet just blitzed everything about it, now they attacking my mans for having a non-black significant other

• The vocal melody is so damn Rod Temperton in his Michael songs but also some Heatwave cuts, super dope harmonies too.

Side note: TIA is 10/10 visually though cause it's the first music video that I've seen where I notice a new thing each time, the way that you're distracted by the dancing whilst a protest is going on is so insane and it just hit me in the same way that "Teddy Perkins" episode did off Atlanta.

• @matic_touch said in Childish Gambino - Saturday (2018) SNL LIVE:

@mr_novalike lol get the party started! I'm kinda burnt out on the video now -- th einternet just blitzed everything about it, now they attacking my mans for having a non-black significant other

Well, i'm kinda like you in this lol. if the conversation hasn't been had then i don't have any interest starting it since it's been talked about already everywhere else. I'm interested to hear the album in it's entirety though. Transitioning from Saturday to TIA has got to be a heck of a transition in tone.

Looks like your connection to Childish Gambino - Saturday (2018) SNL LIVE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.