Nicki Minaj has the worst track record with Pharrell/Neptunes

• Just a random observation. In my opinion, Nicki seems to jump on the wackest Neptunes/Pharrell productions

All of them have been clear attempts at hits, but fell short. But they all sound like doo doo to me. She Came To Give it to You, Get Like Me, The Light is Coming, Twerk It

Any that I missed? What you guys think? Anyone worse than Nicki when it comes to getting Pharrell beats.

• Haterade was dope.

• she killed the usher, Gucci and the nelly joint. I been waiting for nick to get her own track by p. Don’t think that’s gonna happen tho unless she sits with him for like a week. She couldn’t handle one from Tyler, I’m not so confident she’d know what to do with a Pharrell beat by herself.

• the light is coming sample should’ve came out during the verses but the genius left them in the entire song to be edgy. It doesn’t totally ruin the track (for me) instead it creates a sinister Kubrick vibe. I think Nicki sounds good on it overall I wish she had another verse.

She did have a terrible feature on twerkit omg, I never liked it. Sounds like she layed her verse in the bathroom.

• Haterade is one of my favorite Nicki verses, ever. I dig the Light is Coming — i don’t think I’m familiar with the other Neptune joints you stated.. she’s typically a solid feature artist I’d say. Curious to hear those other joints now, lol

• Haterade was really dope, plus she doesn't even have enough material with P/Neptunes to say she has the worst track record with them lol

• They did work together, while she was recording "Pinkprint", guess nothing really came about from those sessions...

• @matic_touch whoa how have you never heard Get Like Me

• @Pushamalicious-T 4 songs and they’re all dollar store beats

• Staff

Get Like Me is great, I used to love hearing that song on the radio when it was out.

Um also... GUSH! Nobody can tell me that’s a bad song (She co-wrote it)

• I like all the songs you mentioned there.

• @Mavis said in Nicki Minaj has the worst track record with Pharrell/Neptunes:

Um also... GUSH! Nobody can tell me that’s a bad song (She co-wrote it)

No she didn't. iTunes fucked up the credits at the time but she's not credited on the actual booklet and on Tidal.

• @YB I thought the official story is that she came up with the hook during a studio session for Pinkprint. P kept the beat for himself and gave her a writing credit. Might have been a different beat altogether. But apparently she came up with the hook

@mavis I didn’t include Gush because she isn’t featured. It’s actually my favorite song off of GIRL tho. And the only song I’d still listen to off that album.

• Staff

@Playahater yeah I heard that story too

• yeah i dont agree with this take at all.
    i've enjoyed her P features and have been waiting for her own P produced song.

• This post has -3???

HOW DO I GET DOWNVOTED FOR MY OPINION????

:'(

Edit: NOO -7 NOW?????? COME ON GUYS

• @Playahater said in Nicki Minaj has the worst track record with Pharrell/Neptunes:

This post has -3???

HOW DO I GET DOWNVOTED FOR MY OPINION????

:'(

Edit: NOO -4 NOW

Maybe its time for you to join a Drake forum bruh 🕺

• I disagree. Love everything she's done with P

• @Playahater because we like all the songs that you mentioned.

• i actually agree hahah

get like me is coo but overall all nicki p songs i never listened to after the first time

• Agreed, but I think thats mainly down to her picking beats that just aren't very good

Might be a bit controversial, but aside from maybe 2 or 3 songs, I've never really liked a lot of the collabs with Usher

Same with TI too actually

Looks like your connection to Nicki Minaj has the worst track record with Pharrell/Neptunes was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.