Nicki Minaj has the worst track record with Pharrell/Neptunes

• I kinda wish there were more collabs with The Game, I actually really like the little run they had together (apart from that Dedicated song)

• So, who do you guys think really has the WORST track record with The Neptunes / Pharrell?

I’m gonna go ahead and throw Yung Joc out there on the island.

• None of the tracks they did with Royce da 5’9 tracks stand out to me

• Ah, man... not even Feels Good and Make This Run... Kelis on the hooks, Pharrell rapping?!

• @cloud-helix said in Nicki Minaj has the worst track record with Pharrell/Neptunes:

Ah, man... not even Feels Good and Make This Run... Kelis on the hooks, Pharrell rapping?!

Idk they had the right ingredients but I just found them dull. Make this run is probably my favourite of the bunch though

• @tanv91

What I found odd about the Game records was that they spent like months in the studio together and made so many songs. But other than Ain’t No Doubt About It, they all seemed unpolished and rough. Kind of like mixtape material. And the song that actually did get get a album placement (Mama Knows) sounded pretty shit.

The other songs went to Purp and Patron mixtape and California Republic Mixtape.

So after Nicki I’d stay Game and Ps chemistry ain’t the greatest. They probably get along but creatively all I hear is subpar stuff.

• @Playahater I disagree.

I thought that although some of them sounded unfinished, they definitely had great vibe and chemistry together.

Being unfinished doesn’t also necessarily mean the song is bad.

The Momma Knows track with Nelly Furtado is pretty great, those beautiful chords and great performance from Game and Nelly make that track a standout tbh.

In fact I might just put those tracks into a playlist and I’ll probably get a pretty great listen imo

• Staff

@matic_touch said in Nicki Minaj has the worst track record with Pharrell/Neptunes:

So, who do you guys think really has the WORST track record with The Neptunes / Pharrell?

I’m gonna go ahead and throw Yung Joc out there on the island.

That producer he partnered with for a while during 2011/2012 - Martin Terefe.

• @Mavis

What???
    Elaborate please

What did these two make together

• @Playahater said in Nicki Minaj has the worst track record with Pharrell/Neptunes:

@tanv91

What I found odd about the Game records was that they spent like months in the studio together and made so many songs. But other than Ain’t No Doubt About It, they all seemed unpolished and rough. Kind of like mixtape material. And the song that actually did get get a album placement (Mama Knows) sounded pretty shit.

The other songs went to Purp and Patron mixtape and California Republic Mixtape.

So after Nicki I’d stay Game and Ps chemistry ain’t the greatest. They probably get along but creatively all I hear is subpar stuff.

See this I completely agree with. I didn’t like any of the P x Game tracks except that one they did for that California Republic tape that i can’t remember the name of.

• Staff

@Playahater said in Nicki Minaj has the worst track record with Pharrell/Neptunes:

@Mavis

What???
    Elaborate please

What did these two make together

Alyssa Bernal - One Of Us Gotta Leave feat. Pharrell
    Javier Colon - Stand Up feat. Adam Levine
    Apparatjik - Do It Myself feat. Pharrell (1st Version)
    Apparatjik- Do It Myself feat. Pharrell (2nd Version)
    Apparatjik - Do It Myself feat. Pharrell (3rd Version)
    Apparatjik - Time Police feat. Pharrell (1st)
    Apparatjik - Time Police feat. Pharrell (2nd)

I feel like there’s other songs I’m missing?

• @Mavis damn I really like Martin Terefe’s stuff with Jason Mraz, Train and some others... I liked Stand Up too (agree on the others though)

• @Playahater said in Nicki Minaj has the worst track record with Pharrell/Neptunes:

@tanv91

they sound unpolished because they are. they definitely dont sound like they went through a proper mix and master

• @superjdoug stand up was a bop to me. I love the choirs on there during the chours

• This post is deleted!

• Staff

"Do It Myself" was/still is fantastic

• Take your pick of any of the tracks P produced for Bia. Her vocals are so grating to me. I just want to hear the instrumentals. I can only tolerate her on "Safari", and it's partly because her part is "doctored" with effects and only in one section of the song.

• Staff

@babyface34 said in Nicki Minaj has the worst track record with Pharrell/Neptunes:

Take your pick of any of the tracks P produced for Bia. Her vocals are so grating to me. I just want to hear the instrumentals. I can only tolerate her on "Safari", and it's partly because her part is "doctored" with effects and only in one section of the song.

Yuh! I don’t really like her music. Bia has the potential to blow. She’s so beautiful and talented... but she chooses to rap about corny shit and masculinises her voice. In real life her voice and persona are much softer. I dunno why she doesn’t let that through in her music? I guess that “medusa” track is the closest to it

• @Mavis said in Nicki Minaj has the worst track record with Pharrell/Neptunes:

Apparatjik

can some one upload these tracks?

Csan someone

• Yea someone upload these apratandjdjik or whatever tracks. I’ve never heard them and never heard of this guy

Looks like your connection to Nicki Minaj has the worst track record with Pharrell/Neptunes was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.