Pharrell and Chad in the studio with... (2019)

• @BabyMilo said in Pharrell and Chad in the studio with... (2019):

@darrenlaking yeah im on the same boat when people are like " chad did this and that" and im like uhhh ok

No offense Tyler but I completely disagree. for the amount of time most of us have been fans of these guys we all pretty much have phd’s in neptunes productions. After 15 years or so for most of us following these guys I think its pretty easy for most of us to differentiate between Pharrell and chads production traits and instruments/parts that they play. I’m by no means saying I’m a know it all and there is obviously parts that could go either way but when you spend enough time studying a topic you become knowledgeable about it.

I do understand that you have shared studio time with them so your probably more familiar with their process than the rest of us but still that’s not to say that most of us can’t generally tell if chad or Pharrell did a particular part.

And on the other side of the coin I’m sure there’s parts that I’ve thought my whole life were played by chad were actually Pharrell and vice versa. However sometimes it’s clear as day who did what.

• Whoa, deja vu. I remember arguing his point in the past. I’m still not buying that Chad would give up being credited and paid because either he’s a nice guy or a weird guy lol.
    The possibility that he just simply didn’t work on stuff he’s not credited on makes 1000% more sense honestly.

• Staff

@3000 said in Pharrell and Chad in the studio with... (2019):

Whoa, deja vu. I remember arguing his point in the past. I’m still not buying that Chad would give up being credited and paid because either he’s a nice guy or a weird guy lol.
    The possibility that he just simply didn’t work on stuff he’s not credited on makes 1000% more sense honestly.

Abshsuejebsgeowkahsgrh there’s something I want to say so bad but I can’t 😭😭😭😭 but if you guys knew this thing then you’d suddenly be like “ah it all makes sense now”

But yeah I agree that 99% of “produced by Pharrell” songs really are only pharrell.... but hard candy? Nah that’s not just P and it’s obvious.

• @Mavis say it say it say it lol

• This post is deleted!

• *sees the Chad or Pharrell chat
    alt text
    *leaves

• I’m also one of those guys that’s always hated the idea of Chad being the only reason a song is more “complex” etc. I’ve always found it to be some elitist hipster BS. With that said though I think it’s totally valid to believe that Chad worked on Hard Candy even if he wasn’t directly credited.

• Happy bday to Chad!!, who cares who did what lol....

• i love the neptunes
    source.gif

• @Mavis said in Pharrell and Chad in the studio with... (2019):

@3000 said in Pharrell and Chad in the studio with... (2019):

Whoa, deja vu. I remember arguing his point in the past. I’m still not buying that Chad would give up being credited and paid because either he’s a nice guy or a weird guy lol.

Abshsuejebsgeowkahsgrh there’s something I want to say so bad but I can’t 😭😭😭😭 but if you guys knew this thing then you’d suddenly be like “ah it all makes sense now”

But yeah I agree that 99% of “produced by Pharrell” songs really are only pharrell.... but hard candy? Nah that’s not just P and it’s obvious.

out of all of this i want that jay sean version of i know and this secret info

• @VandG are we talking about the jayz track?

• Call me the oddball here, but I am still instilled from the 8th Planet DVD info that came w/ the Clones album "Is that Pharrell and Chad? Or Chad and Pharrell?" -- I always still say solo P is Neptunes and solo Chad is Neptunes -- it's still furthering the "Neptunes" brand -- even if P has done a lot of the / majority of the forefront work, I think it still creates new exciting opportunities to still put them in the light of 'Desired Producers to work with" -- and I think that's remarkable for them to extend their lineage multiple decades. Pharrell winning "Producer of the Year" gives them more green light w/ newer acts and bigger brands that understand that the brand of the Neptunes is timeless. Pick a decade and they can exist w/ ease and still have that 'feel' that we all cherish and love.

I get the ticky tack stuff, but we've got these guys in the studio, Chad still walking around w/ a guitar and Pharrell on a board, just like a Justified Session from over a decade ago. I just want to know what they're working on & w/ whom lol

• I betcha their working on Pharrell's third album....oh sh*'s 'bout to get real!...lol!

• They should do a “Pharrell and Chad present” ...... something. That way it draws in the big crowd from Pharrell’s name and then people finally learn who Chad is. When you say the neptunes in 2019, 90% of people who know who Pharrell is wouldn’t even know that he was involved in the neptunes

• Y’all live in a fantasy world foreal. We just gotta wait (AS ALWAYS) to see what comes of these sessions. Don’t make yourselves miserable by building up an expectation that might never be. Just relax and the stuff will come out when it’s supposed to.

• didn't know the possibility of an artist working on his/her album was a fantasy...

• I think they’re just making beats in the studio. No specific agenda.

• Staff

I think they’re making the music you hear when you go to space on virgin galactic

• This is a total stab in the dark. Solange album out tonight, looking at her last few insta posts about her album, liked by pharrell. Again could be nothing. I'm excited for it anyway.

Looks like your connection to Pharrell and Chad in the studio with... (2019) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.