Solange - Sound Of Rain & Almeda feat. Playboi Carti (P. Williams) (19')

• Just noticed that The Dream is doing a refrain on Almeda. I knew I was familiar with that voice, lol. Only wish that that ending was longerrrrr

• @ECHLN said in Solange - When I Get Home (2 Pharrell Produced Songs):

I love the synth bass on Almeda so much. It reminds me of Chad

Right. I rem Jay electronica using it on a demo he made for erykah and have been obsessed with it since. A friend said it might be from a moog

• @bigmac2098 said in Solange - When I Get Home (2 Pharrell Produced Songs):

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/solange-almeda/
    https://www.vulture.com/2019/03/solange-almeda-song-review.html

Pitchfork and Vulture have already released articles calling Almeda one of her best songs.

I agree with that statement. It's truly amazing

• @essntl really? I see if I can find the sound

• beat is weird but pretty straight overall, i like it enough. carti has taken thugs spot as best rapper rn IMO. gotta hear the rest of this album

• Awesome album from start to finish.
    Fair spoilt for music this weekend. Everyone check out Little Simz new album too, GREY area. Just as good as Sols

• @ECHLN yea I think it’s the same one from this Jay record. Comes in 0:11

• i just listened to the album with the visuals and yeah everything about this is fucking incredible, but to be honest that cardi verse kinda bored me out

• @marques said in Solange - When I Get Home (2 Pharrell Produced Songs):

beat is weird but pretty straight overall, i like it enough. carti has taken thugs spot as best rapper rn IMO. gotta hear the rest of this album

Man I know we all have our own opinions but who the hell was calling Thug the best rapper in the game?
    I haven’t stopped playing this song all day. It’s so good

• Almeda was reworked from that Azealia Banks interlude....yes?

• Is there a link to short film except Apple music?

• Staff

@superjdoug said in Solange - When I Get Home (2 Pharrell Produced Songs):

Honestly Crush is one of my all time favourite Neptunes songs, so to hear a similar sound on Sound of Rain, but with a more mature vibe, that’s pretty awesome to me

Outro of Almeda is my favourite part of it

Yes!!! Honestly I think Crush is Solange’s best song ever. And I’m a Solange fan. I was thinking to myself yesterday, that now she’s credible maybe it’ll make people take that song more seriously. B/c it’s a work of art, like a next level kelis song. I hope she starts performing it again (She did recently)

• I feel like I have to be high as fuck to truly enjoy this. Proper weed head album but that's just me 😂
    I only really like the P tracks on the album because I'm biased like that and my favourite is Sound of Rain. I wasn't so keen on Almeda at first but has grown on me now

• Almeda has that nostalgic magic in the melody for me.. the feeling I get from the melody is close to deja vu. As if i heard that in my childhood, or even thought about those chord progressions playing in my head like that. But the thing is what feelings and connections it delivers to me.. that's magical. As if P got into my thoughts :D somehow and created this

Almost same feeling i have about many Neptunes melodies, i.e. Staircases has the same effect on me

btw. Sound Of Rain (when it starts) it reminds me of Leah's - Sexify bridge part

• @Pushamalicious-T said in Solange - When I Get Home (2 Pharrell Produced Songs):

@marques said in Solange - When I Get Home (2 Pharrell Produced Songs):

beat is weird but pretty straight overall, i like it enough. carti has taken thugs spot as best rapper rn IMO. gotta hear the rest of this album

Man I know we all have our own opinions but who the hell was calling Thug the best rapper in the game?
    I haven’t stopped playing this song all day. It’s so good

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

• I love when an artists vision/voice for a project is so strong they’re able to bring a bunch of disparate collaborators together and have them sound cohesive. To have such a clear aim of what you want to create is impressive.

I’m NOT shitting on Sweetener... but that sounds like a bunch of Pharrell beats with Ariana on them, whearas the work here sound like Solange songs, with Pharrell part of them. You know? Like the difference between a beat maker and an actual producer, working in full harmony with an artist to deliver exactly what they want. That’s what I want more of and why I’m sad P hasn’t done more full albums actually producing with an artist, instead of just giving them beats. I’m probably getting the terms wrong but I’m sure you guys know what I mean.

It reminds me of the Scissor Sisters song Inevitable. It’s distinctly them and yet also distinctly Pharrell, resulting in something unique in both their catalogues.

• @Pushamalicious-T 2015-2017 thug is one of the best stretches as a rapper of all time. yall are a little older than me on average prolly its cool lol. i stand by my opinion

• They are going to gun for Almeda to be the Alright for 2019. It has the same uplifting spirit. Also this into Apeshit is fucking genius.

• @marques I mean maybe, im in my 20's so im not sure by how much. I respect your opinion, and I think he kills features and he was certainly a pioneer, I just never felt like he ever delivered on a full project.

• @Pushamalicious-T lol not saying i'm all that young, about to be 25 myself. just usually older hip hop fans don't appreciate him as much as my generation does i think.

also, barter 6 and slime seasons 1 and 3 are just incredible. amazing production and his flows are innovative and genre changing imo. so many people copy his style now. butyeah, all comes down to personal opinion and taste

Looks like your connection to Solange - Sound Of Rain & Almeda feat. Playboi Carti (P. Williams) (19') was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.