Solange - Sound Of Rain & Almeda feat. Playboi Carti (P. Williams) (19')

• This post is deleted!

• Slime Season 1-3, Barter 6, the 100 song leak, all the features, For My People video, taking the aux at Kanye’s show... damn. I was obsessed with Thug then. The flow on Drippin is next level.

I think Carti is horrible though, especially in comparison

EDIT: I was slow with my post and basically repeated you lol, I’m just gonna post Drippin and leave:

• @3000 yes dude. that era of thug is my GOAT rapper.

have you given die lit a chance? imo that's the only thing the past 5 years that can even compare to b6 as far as creativity and innovation in rap. i love carti lol

• @3000

if you haven't. this right here is just pure confidence and style. n i love the production

did not mean to derail the solange thread with thug/carti talk tho haha but whatever

• @marques lol so we're pretty close in age then, I don't wanna turn this shit into KTT so I'll just end this discussion by saying that I appreciate Thug but I always felt like the idea that he is some creative genius was a meme that some people took too seriously. Also, Die Lit is fuckin amazing. THat is all

• @Pushamalicious-T i think it definitely has become that recently, which is lame, but i also think his quality has fallen off a lot since his peak. IMO rapping wise he really is a genius as far as what he can do with his voice/flow. i hate boring run of the mill rappers so i'm probably a little biased. something like harambe you wouldn't get from your average rapper. undeniable talent imo

• I did give Die Lit a listen, but I didn’t really give it all that much of a chance tbh. I find Carti boring in long stretches and his projects just lose me somewhere in the middle. I think, for me, he just doesn’t have enough personality like a Thug or Uzi. The track you posted is nice though, I’ll definitely give Die Lit another chance soon.

• @Pushamalicious-T lmao crazy one of you agrees on carti another on thug and vice versa. theyre both my favorite rappers of 2015 till now

• @3000 RIP Fredo, lean for real, no time, top and foreign are the highlights but i love the whole thing. he definitely has less of a persona than those guys even musically, but some of the things he does rapping is innovative on die lit more than anything else he's ever done. hope you can appreciate it a lil more!

• Staff

Does anyone else think “Sound of rain” is similar to “Old Oceans” ?

• @Mavis After the first listen, I immediately played "Old Oceans" after that track lol

• Hearing these songs, I have never pined for a new Kelis/Neptunes album more than I do right now.

• @bigmac2098 said in Solange - When I Get Home (2 Pharrell Produced Songs):

They are going to gun for Almeda to be the Alright for 2019. It has the same uplifting spirit. Also this into Apeshit is fucking genius.

it is basically the same record, the BPM's are both @ 110

• @babyface34 same

to the show last 40 seconds remind me of some kelis shit

• You niggas heard Jerrod. Sounds like Aaliyah riding a Neptunes 1997-2001 beat. Them chords, fuck. Currently lying in a beach listening to this like I'm in heaven

• Sound of rain is that Neptunes sound we havent heard for 20 years. It got that synth from "I'm not you" by clipse feat jadakiss. I remember this same synth in a dragon ball z beat Em up that I used to play at same time I was first discovering Neptunes.

Say something by Mariah Carey has same synth

• @Mavis

That's the Azealia Banks track I was talking about in my earlier post...
    I figured it was re-worked, thanks!

• this album is so wonderful. Solange is on another level.

• @jrcd30000 said in Solange - When I Get Home (2 Pharrell Produced Songs):

You niggas heard Jerrod. Sounds like Aaliyah riding a Neptunes 1997-2001 beat. Them chords, fuck. Currently lying in a beach listening to this like I'm in heaven

Jerrod sounds like early 70s stevie wonder i think

• @Mavis said in Solange - When I Get Home (2 Pharrell Produced Songs):

Does anyone else think “Sound of rain” is similar to “Old Oceans” ?

whats Old oceans?

Looks like your connection to Solange - Sound Of Rain & Almeda feat. Playboi Carti (P. Williams) (19') was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.