Did y'all see this?!

• @xacbeats I respect it. At least they are shouting them out and aspiring to be great lol -- If I prod Bad n Bougie I would be saying things like this, too.

• I think they’re certainly huge and successful and I’m a fan of a lot of what they’ve done, but they lost me when they said they have range.

• @Pushamalicious-T said in Did y'all see this?!:

I think they’re certainly huge and successful and I’m a fan of a lot of what they’ve done, but they lost me when they said they have range.

That part

• They are planets away from the neptunes (no pun intended)

• Admin

• @Pushamalicious-T when he said the most range out of every producer
    out of EVERY producer right now? bruh ion know about that one haha

• I listened to the two songs they produced together. The only difference with their solo production is they don't use their respective producer tags.

• They ain’t no Neptunes but they are nasty with it, stop playin. They obviously feel that the sound they ushered in changed the game for years to come like chad and p did, and I agree.

I like some of Metro’s stuff he’s coo, Sizzle the one tho. His shit be dancin for real, he really don’t give a fuck lol. I can appreciate his aggressive style and attention to detail. the only one matchin him is Mike Will when it comes to truly channeling unorthodox worlds/bounces that we never heard before, and not the generic commercial stuff everyone with a trap sample pack be doing.

• @Dookie yeah man Southside is definitely top tier amongst trap producers, past Metro for me for sure.

• @Dookie i aint playin lmao, majority of the tracks they've done are fucking heat. Im definitely a fan, no doubt. that comparison just had me interested in what they were bout to do because... well we all know The Neptunes haha. the range they had was fucking insane. from Clipse to 702 to Justified to N.E.R.D to Spymob to Kenna, etc. and then songs like What Happened To That Boy, Provider, Good Girl, Like I Love You, Scared Money, I Gotcha, Rock Star. Mr. Me Too, etc. The variety of production they had was just so spread out and it got me really thinking about what southside and metro were about to do.

• @Dookie and there are so many producers in the game with a wide range of production, so that interested me too.

• @xacbeats btw I’m not measuring them by our standards, cause tbh that’s not what they do AT ALL. The neptunes spoiled us, plus most of us been loving knowledgeable music production since before the neps or learnt to dig for it because of our infatuation with the Neptune sound (whatever their style is at any given time).

I just appreciate metro and southside for pioneering a new approach and recognize that 98% of people who “make beats” or “produce” now a days are watered down versions of these two. their style of production wasn’t cool (they got shitted on), now everybody sounds like em lmao. It’s actually the most beautiful revenge.

• Look at it like this, no one really cared about beats or production until Timbo, Neptunes, Kanye, Swizz and Just Blaze popped up. So everybody followed that.

Then shit went dead til Lex, Mike Will, Metro, Southside and 808 Mafia started lacing niggas with heat. Now everybody’s following their lead. Difference is don’t nobody wanna say it, but it’s true.

• @Dookie said in Did y'all see this?!:

Look at it like this, no one really cared about beats or production until Timbo, Neptunes, Kanye, Swizz and Just Blaze popped up. So everybody followed that.

Then shit went dead til Lex, Mike Will, Metro, Southside and 808 Mafia started lacing niggas with heat. Now everybody’s following their lead. Difference is don’t nobody wanna say it, but it’s true.

Shit only went dead to dudes that weren't paying attention. I agree with everything else you said but again these dudes don't have range like that. Neptunes specifically could create stuff for pop, rock, R&B, Latin etc. these dudes haven't shown that they can dive into different genres. It's too easy to imitate imo, that's why the whole game sounds like them.

• Staff

To people saying that these guys don’t have potential because you think their songs sound the same....

Back in the day people used to say all songs by The Neptunes sounded the same (which was sort of true, at one point) - then look what they did!

Now people are saying it about these guys. It’s cyclical. If they have the ambition to be huge varied producers then they’ll adapt and they’ll do it. It’s cool.

• @Pushamalicious-T brother you cant just say “shit went dead to dudes who weren't paying attention". You’re being disingenuous. From 2010 til now, they were on the rise lowkey. Yes there were other extremely talented artist/producers that started to come into focus without this sound BUUUT
    eventually A LOT of those same talented artist and producers began to try in more ways than one, to incorporate this sound whether you like it or not. Trap wasnt a thing before them, c'mon we never heard 808's boom like that til they came on the scene. That shit was vicious. Maybe you forgot, but before them it was simply just down south hip hop music (jeezy, ti, gucci, wayne, three 6 etc). i have to point out how people still shit on them mean while their style and sound has traveled around the globe, thats all.
    Again they definitely ain’t fuckin with the Neptunes but they sure did just put a lot more people on to the goats, it’s all connected fam.

• @Dookie yea trap was definitely not poopin back then like how it is now. trap in the 2000s was Thug Motivation 101, Trap Muzik, Trap House, The Most Known Unknown, The Inspiration, etc. Metro and Southside completely changed the game (along with others) and I fuck with how they have been key figures in evolving the sound. thats so dope to me.

• @Dookie nah I agree lol these dudes are hugely influential and pioneered the sound of today, Sonny Digital, Pierre Bourne, TM-88 etc. are all products of these dudes my only gripe is that they can’t possibly think they have the greatest range of any producers in the game which is what they indicated in the article.

• @Pushamalicious-T said in Did y'all see this?!:

@Dookie nah I agree lol these dudes are hugely influential and pioneered the sound of today, Sonny Digital, Pierre Bourne, TM-88 etc. are all products of these dudes my only gripe is that they can’t possibly think they have the greatest range of any producers in the game which is what they indicated in the article.

That part

Looks like your connection to Did y'all see this?! was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.