Tyler, The Creator - IGOR, Are We Still Friends feat. Pharrell & Jack White (2019)

• IGOR.jpg
    01 IGOR'S THEME
    02 EARFQUAKE
    03 I THINK
    04 EXACTLY WHAT YOU RUN FROM YOU END
    05 RUNNING OUT OF TIME
    06 NEW MAGIC WAND
    07 A BOY IS A GUN
    08 PUPPET
    09 WHAT'S GOOD
    10 GONE, GONE _ THANK YOU
    11 I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE
    12 ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?

https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/igor/1463409338

Listen to this from start to end, amazing.

Congrats @BabyMilo , this is incredible mate. Sound, artwork, everything is sick.

Can't wait to see extended visuals. Congrats again.

Tyler, The Creator - Are We Still Friends feat. Pharrell (19')

• My goodness @BabyMilo ”Thank You” and “Are we still friends” is sooo sex!!!!

• IGOR'S THEME smacks so hard...

• This dude just continues to progress every album. No regression, just straight up keeps getting better. You can tell he's passionate about music. True student of the game. Experimenting and trying new stuff constantly. Y'all hear that groove on "I Think"...and then Gone, Gone / Thank You...sheesh.

Shout outs to him.

• I have a serious issue with artists that don't take metadata seriously. Like what the fuck! Why can't we see who is featured on a song outside of digging out the information from the dark web?

• this is just... just ridiculous.

tyler's drums are STUPID now. so thick and punchy.

my favorite moments:

earf during carti's verse and when charlie comes in.. doooooont leaaaaaave its my fauuuulttt!!!. amazing.

I think's bridge... fucking beautiful. the rest of the song is great too, but man. best bridge on the album.

running out of time - no specific moment. the whole thing is perfect.

new magic wand is HARD AF and the switchup is so smooth. reminds me of CHERRY BOMB the song not album

a boy is a gun sounds like something prime kanye would sample. if thats an original composition, thats crazy.

whats good might be my favorite.. that synth on the hook and the drums over the whole thing, then the beat switches at the second half. one of tyler's best productions of all time

i dont love you anymore have the sickest sounding guitars and the vocal harmonies on it are wild. def a highlight for me

all in all man thank you for this @BabyMilo keep killin it

• Staff

@ECHLN said in Tyler, The Creator - IGOR (2019):

I have a serious issue with artists that don't take metadata seriously. Like what the fuck! Why can't we see who is featured on a song outside of digging out the information from the dark web?

I think that’s the whole point... the album is to be judged on its sound, not on who you see featured on the track list.

Also back in the day (before 2000) artists would have minor features and contributions all over their album and those people would never be listed - you’d have to dig to get that info.

• I've been looking forward to this for ages and it's mega! It's beautifully put together, no idea what my favourite track is so far...

• I've edited out feature credits forever, Song (featuring Artist) is annoying, makes the song feel like it's about the feature rather than them just being a feature of the actual song.
    I like when a feature catches me off guard too, I think in general we know way to much about the media the consume these days, it's genuinely nice to be surprised by something.
    I find this trendy SONG TITLE in all caps thing more annoying (I know Tyler did it already on Cherry Bomb, but that shit's everywhere now...)

Anyway! Tyler's progression is staggering , it's hard to think of any other contemporary artist who's evolved as far as him musically. I'll be listening to this for a long time, it's incredibly impressive. Congrats!

• @Mavis not true. Looking through the CD booklet isn't exactly digging. I get your point though but I still disagree.

• @3000 yeah. That's an iTunes/Apple Music problem. That doesn't happen on Spotify unless the label actually put the featured artist in the song title which is stupid.

• This album is fucking insane, on my third listen, no skips for me, it's like a movie almost, all the beats paint a mental picture. I Think is my favourite off there, that shit just sounds like 2008 and rollerskating. So fucking good.

• This album is so sooo good wow

Gone, Gone, I don't love you anymore, Are we still friends?, I Think, Running out of time (reminds me of Lift Off) are my favorites after 4 listens

• @BabyMilo this is your Magnum Opus. I am blown away....what a beautiful piece of art.

• honestly if yall didnt like it id be confused. most people dont appreciate music like you guys here so thanks. the bridge on running and i think makes my face melt

• Definitely an album that you need to listen from front to back. Went for a drive on first listen and the live sounding drums just go thru my soul. Don’t get me started on the bridges and the synth bass, jeez. Might be speaking the obvious but that’s P near the end of ‘Are We Still Friends’ right?

• First listen in. What an amazing cohesive, varied and straight up amazing album! Deserves all the accolades it gets from us.

New Magic Wand is one song that really stands out for me. Shit bangs so hard!

Can’t wait to listen more and pick up on all the nuances! One of the beautiful things about listening to albums like this!

Thanks @BabyMilo for the experience!

• @BabyMilo my favorite moment of the album (today at least), is the background vocal harmonies at around the 3 min mark on Gone, Gone. Coupled with the background synth...mother of God shit is amazing.

• GONE, GONE / THANK YOU is a moment.

Carti vocals are always brilliant, that guy is a genius, EARFQUAKE is everything.

AWSF Pharrell vocals felt like I was in a climax point somewhere in Fly or Die -- brilliant.

No skip boys in the building! thanks for the inspo @BabyMilo & congrats!

5/5

• Actually I change my mind. The bridge on "I THINK" is my favorite moment right now...I want a 10 hour version of that bridge. My god...

• @S0nicNERD said in Tyler, The Creator - IGOR (2019):

Actually I change my mind. The bridge on "I THINK" is my favorite moment right now...I want a 10 hour version of that bridge. My god...

so fucking good. i’m really loving GONE now though too forget to mention

Looks like your connection to Tyler was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.